Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Danny Boyle's Millions

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Danny Boyle's Millions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-05, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny Boyle's Millions

What are your thoughts on this film?

I thought it was really good. Definitely an entertaining family film that lightly taps into the whole dark crime heist genre to make an interesting experience. At least for adults.

It slightly reminds me of Brad Bird's work because of this.
Old 04-18-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked this film, and I really like the fact that it’s a good family film, that isn’t so dummied down that adults without kids can’t enjoy it, and not so sugary sweet that it’s annoying. I thought the kids' imagination sequences were done well, almost like reading a book at times. The only part I didn’t care for was
Spoiler:
the part with the mom. It just lacked a certain emotion that I thought would be greater. When the older brother finally came and saw her, I thought that would make up for it, but it wasn’t enough to grab me in the scene...
But either than that, a thoroughly entertaining film.
Old 04-19-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
I liked this film, and I really like the fact that it’s a good family film, that isn’t so dummied down that adults without kids can’t enjoy it, and not so sugary sweet that it’s annoying. I thought the kids' imagination sequences were done well, almost like reading a book at times. The only part I didn’t care for was
Spoiler:
the part with the mom. It just lacked a certain emotion that I thought would be greater. When the older brother finally came and saw her, I thought that would make up for it, but it wasn’t enough to grab me in the scene...
But either than that, a thoroughly entertaining film.

Agreed, that and I thought the ending was kind of cheesy.
Old 04-19-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
I liked this film, and I really like the fact that it’s a good family film, that isn’t so dummied down that adults without kids can’t enjoy it, and not so sugary sweet that it’s annoying.
Exactly! I generally don't like films featuring children for their saccharine nature, but I enjoyed this. Alex Etel was simply adorable as the younger boy. My favorite line of his:

Spoiler:
It's not suspicious. . .it's unusual!
Old 04-19-05, 02:50 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I brought my entire family to see this, and we all loved it. A great story that doesn't talk doewn to kids and doesn't get preachy.
Old 04-19-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I have wanted to see this for weeks, but I am going to have to wait for it to come out on DVD.