Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Your Pick: Upcoming DS Game

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: What game are you most looking forward to?
Animal Crossing DS
34.92%
Castlevania DS
33.33%
ElectroPlankton
0%
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
4.76%
Harvest Moon DS
0%
Mario Kart DS
14.29%
Pac-Pix
4.76%
Nintendo Dogs (All versions)
4.76%
Shogun Warrior
3.17%
Zoo Tycoon
0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-05, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Round #2 now open

Animal Crossing DS

Castlevania DS

ElectroPlankton

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

Harvest Moon DS

Mario Kart DS

Pac-Pix

Nintendo Dogs (All versions)

Shogun Warrior

Zoo Tycoon

Sorry some of these images date back over 7 months old, there have not been any new pictures released. Also sorry if your game is not listed, was limited to ten.

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 04-19-05 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-14-05, 01:01 AM

I don't own a DS yet, but I'm personally looking forward to Nintendo Dogs. I don't why, perhaps it was the untimely passing of my Dog as a child... but I want this game.

This Video from the GDC is what got me: http://xfersf05.ign.com/%5E199233364...position=front
Old 04-14-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mario Kart DS, but it had better be online or their lives will be forfeit!
Old 04-14-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Castlevania DS
Old 04-14-05, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Animal Crossing is the reason I bought a DS.
Old 04-14-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Animal Crossing AND Harvest Moon? Holy Christ.. I may have to buy my own DS if I want to play Pac-Pix or Castlevania because with BOTH of those coming out, my girlfriend sure as hell isn't going to let me touch hers again. Anyway, it was a tough choice between the two I mentioned.. but I gave the edge to Pac-Pix because I have a special place in my heart for the yellow guy and it's nice to see Japanese Namco put some grace back into the name after the ritualistic rape of Pac-Man that American Namco has seen fit to proceed with. God, I hate them.
Old 04-14-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Animal crossing for me but I'm also interested the portable version of AGE of Empires with wireless play for the DS
Old 04-14-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It is hard to just pick one. There are currently 20 or so DS games on my wish list.

I went with Castlevania, but Animal Crossing and Nintendogs are just as high on my wish list. Not really sure if Electro Plankton will get a US release and I'm sure if it does NOA will turn it into some piece of shit hip hop game.
Old 04-14-05, 10:54 AM

Without doubt my most anticipated game is Castevania, but there are a couple of games not listed in the poll that I'm definitely stoked for:

Kirby: Cursed Canvas - No one is more surprised than me that I'd be excited for the release of a Kirby game. I've never liked the Kirby series but this one looks hella fun. Videos of the game in action here.

Pac 'n Roll - This also looks great. A cross between Marble Madness and Pac-Man. I love the idea of having a rollerball on the bottom screen, allowing you to control the game just like Marble Madnes in the arcades. Namco hasn't shown much of this title since last year's E3, but it looked great a year ago so I'm hoping now it's even better. Personally, I hope Namco goes all-out on this one and adds stuff like funnels and pipes and moving platforms and all kinds of fun gadgets to play around in. It has the potential to be great. Videos from E3 2004 are here.
Old 04-14-05, 10:56 AM

New Star Wars Game:
Old 04-14-05, 12:10 PM
Retired

On that list, Castlevania.

Overall, the new side scrolling Mario Bros.
Old 04-14-05, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Castlevania for me, but there are several I am very eager for.

Honestly, with the stylus, I am also interested in games like Zoo Tycoon. I love simulation games and think the DS would be a great home for them. Heck, I even found Jurassic Park: Park Builder to be mildly entertaining on the GBA, so it can only get better from there with the DS. I'd love to see a new Rollercoaster Tycoon tailored just for the DS come out.
Old 04-14-05, 09:13 PM

This is the first i've seen of electroplankten? what the heck? That looks awesome.

well i'm looking forward to almost all of those, with Animal Crossing, castlevania, and pac-pix at the top. also harvest moon and nintendogs. man there's a lot of good stuff coming up, maybe I should buy one .
Old 04-14-05, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
.. but I gave the edge to Pac-Pix because I have a special place in my heart for the yellow guy and it's nice to see Japanese Namco put some grace back into the name after the ritualistic rape of Pac-Man that American Namco has seen fit to proceed with. God, I hate them.
Yes, but let's be fair. You hate nearly every game with American influences, and most things post-1987.

I don't own a DS, but I really thinking of getting one. Something about the machine doesn't appeal to me (the stylus), but something else does. Harvest moon, Animal Crossing, and Shogun Warriors look very cool. Nintendo Dogs has piqued my interest as well.
Old 04-14-05, 09:56 PM

Castlevania gets my vote but I'm looking forward to most of those titles. Polarium arrives next week and it looks like a cool puzzle experience. I look at what's coming out on DS this year and there's probably twenty games I'll pick up. Some other titles are Nanostray, Ultimate Card Games, Meteos, Metroid(s) and Kirby: CC. I look at my PSP and get sad, Gran Turismo and GTA look promising but that's about it. At least UMD movies will start arriving next week. Game wise DS has much better titles launching this year (and it's not all EA ports).
Old 04-15-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many good games on that list for me to pick just one, so I'll just list off the ones Im looking forward to in no particular order.

Castlevania DS
Pac Pix
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Nintendogs
Nanostray

Sucks that Mario Kart wont be out until November, but Im hoping Castlevania comes out before that.
Old 04-15-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quite a few of those actually! Thanks for making me feel better about my DS.

I'll be picking up Castlevania, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, and Mario Kart at the very least.
Old 04-15-05, 10:46 PM

So it looks like Animal Crossing wins this one. I plan to make another poll soon, kind of have a run off of the most anticipated game. Looks like I should have put Castlevania on seperate poll though. It appears I was the only one showing Nintendogs the love...
Old 04-15-05, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
nothing jumps out at me, although I'd like to try Goldeneye.
Old 04-16-05, 02:05 AM

On the day Animal Crossing or Advance Wars ships I will buy a DS.
Old 04-16-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
So it looks like Animal Crossing wins this one. I plan to make another poll soon, kind of have a run off of the most anticipated game. Looks like I should have put Castlevania on seperate poll though. It appears I was the only one showing Nintendogs the love...
I think many of us will buy Nintendogs. The DS is by far the system I'm most excited about this year. Over the next 6-9 months there are only about 1-2 games each I'm even interested in on the GameCube, PS2 and PSP. However, there are 10-15 games I want on the DS over the same time frame.

I'm definitely buying Polarium, Puyo Pop Fever, Ultimate Card Games, Ultimate Brain Games, Kirby Canvas Curse, Nintendogs, Castlevania, Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, FFIII and Animal Crossing.
I'm also leaning heavily towards getting Pac-Pix, Crystal Chronicles, Meteos, Nanostray, Pac 'N Roll, Advance Wars, Viewtiful Joe, Lost in Blue, Another Code and Metroid Prime Hunters.

I can't think of the last time a system has had so much software that I wanted. The DS is definitely looking to be a A+ gaming system with a lot of exclusive top notch software.
Old 04-16-05, 09:31 PM

I don't even care for the DS, but Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon look very promising.
Old 04-17-05, 09:07 PM

Rogue Agent for me
Old 04-17-05, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
So it looks like Animal Crossing wins this one.
Castlevania is battling back! CBS is putting this back in the "Too Close to Call" category.
Old 04-17-05, 10:24 PM

Castlevania.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.