Alias -- "Pandora" -- 04.13.2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-05, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Alias - 04/13/05

"Pandora"

Spoiler:
Sydney's aunt, Katya Derevko (Isabella Rossellini), gives her devastating news; Vaughn steals a device to use as a bargaining tool in order to learn more about his father.

Cast: Jennifer Garner, Victor Garber, Ron Rifkin, Michael Vartan, Carl Lumbly, Kevin Weisman, Greg Grunberg, Mia Maestro, Isabella Rossellini, Joel Grey, Michael Kenneth Williams, Nickolai Stoilov, Izabella Scorupco, Eamon Hunt, Michael Giordani, Michael Ensign, Nick Hoffa, Nicoli Bacharach, David Thompson.

Director(s): Kevin Hooks.
Producer(s): J.J. Abrams, John Eisendrath, Ken Olin.
Writer(s): J.R. Orci, Jeff Pinkner.

Original Airdate: April 13, 2005.

Alias

Spoiler:
Izabella Scorupco is in this ep! One of my favorite bond girls ever!
Old 04-13-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias -- "Pandora" -- 04.13.2005

"Pandora"

Spoiler:
Sydney learns devastating news from her aunt, Katya Derevko (Isabella Rossellini), about her mother Irina's death. Meanwhile, Vaughn becomes a rogue agent when he steals a device to use as a bargaining tool in order to learn the truth about his father, and Marshall questions Jack's health. Joel Grey makes a guest appearance.
Old 04-13-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Somebody already beat you to it.
Old 04-13-05, 09:02 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF?!? I just started watching this season, so I don't know if this "twin" or whatever made his first appearance tonight?
Old 04-13-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, my head is swimming, so many relatives, so little time. It was nice to see Izabella Scorupco again, that was a nice bonus (loved the "Consider this the second time the CIA rejected you." line).

I had to do a double-take when they showed Joel Grey as "Sloane" (we have to assume the brother of Arvin Sloane).

Last edited by Patman; 04-13-05 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-13-05, 09:20 PM
Suspended

OK people, let's get on the same page here...this thread or the other? This one it is ...I posted this on the other thread, can anybody answer?

"WTF?!? I just started watching this season, so I don't know if this "twin" or whatever made his first appearance tonight?"
Old 04-13-05, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
OK people, let's get on the same page here...this thread or the other? This one it is ...I posted this on the other thread, can anybody answer?

"WTF?!? I just started watching this season, so I don't know if this "twin" or whatever made his first appearance tonight?"
This is the "twin's" first appearance. This twin thing seems very lame.
Old 04-13-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well Alias had to keep up with the Lex double in Smallville tonight.
Old 04-13-05, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
This is the "twin's" first appearance. This twin thing seems very lame.
Having been watching S1 lately, as well as this current season, it really has gone down hill, no? Everybody's parents live (ok, maybe Vaughan's didn't actually live), doubles, blah. But I still like the show, better than most other shows on TV.

So what happens now, they go after the "real" Arvin Sloane? Should be interesting.
Old 04-13-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
What the hell was that?
Old 04-13-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think it's Sloane's twin, but a brother, like Irina and Katya, or Sydney and Nadia.
Old 04-13-05, 09:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Patman
I don't think it's Sloane's twin, but a brother, like Irina and Katya, or Sydney and Nadia.
So where's Jack's brother?
Old 04-13-05, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I keep trying to think about whats going on, but it just keeps getting lamer and lamer.
Old 04-13-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dont think its a brother at all... Unless I missed something in the previous seasons where they talked about a brother, but Im not so sure that who it is.
Old 04-13-05, 10:07 PM

It's obviously a clone.
Old 04-14-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm pretty sure that it's that emcee guy from the Kit Kat Club. I feel a plotline with aging Nazis in South America coming on...
Old 04-14-05, 01:42 AM
Suspended

The blonde chick that Vaughan had a chance to get his freak on with was hot!! Did you see that nurse outfit!! Shit I want to bang her

Ehhh this episode was ok, I agree with most of the other posters that the whole "family" thing is getting out of hand, who did it, who did, blah, its getting old real quick. And this back and fourth shit about Syd's Mom, shes evil, shes not evil, she evil shes not evil, shes alive, she dead, that shit is getting real annoying, like a fucking nat at a picnic buzzing around. Go in one direction, and finish it, damn.

What was the point of the chocolate and knowing she was allergic, going to the hospital for a day, then back in prison WTF! Syd could have easily visited her in prison.

Oh ya and let me guess, secure deliveries of priceless artifacts are always:

a) done late at night
b) in a dark fucking alley/abandon town with nobody around and raining
c) lets fucking cars pull up right beside it
d) the light is fucking red for like 10 minutes, run that shit NOBODY IS AROUND, you are the CIA FUCK IT!!
e)1 pansy ass guard in the back, no gun, no radio for help, what a puss.y, i would have stomped those bitches like Michael Flatley when they tried to crawl up the hole
f) all that fucking talking and noise making Vaughan and the girl I want to bang were making and nobody heard shit
g)where was that laser when they boarded the truck, up Vaughan's ass, he said that shit was fragile, I am sure banging it the fuck around boarding a truck did good for it.

Gimme a break!! Then again its TV and I love Smallville, and ya, that shit is real believable too. LOL

And when the fuck is Weiss gonna bang Nadia, I mean shit come on man. She hott, and she got a great rack.
Old 04-14-05, 02:06 AM

I'm not entirely sure that Joel Grey is a brother of Sloane. He could be an imposter. Let's not jump to conclusions. Either way i liked the last few episodes, it seems like the rest of the episodes will be more story arc and less stand alone.
Old 04-14-05, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I also have the feeling that the "new" Sloane is just someone pretending to be the real Sloane and not a brother.
Old 04-14-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The blonde was Izabella Scorupco, best known for being a Bond girl in "Goldeneye".
Old 04-14-05, 07:36 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
If Joel Grey truly is Sloane's previously undisclosed evil twin, I'm giving up on this show.
Old 04-14-05, 09:16 AM

Right before the ending, I actually started clapping as all the connections were being made back to Sloan. I enjoyed this show so much more when Sloane is a bad guy. Granted, I still think he has other motives and it will come out that he's "bad." But I was very dissapointed to see the evil twin/imposter/cloan - indicating that Sloan has nothing to do with it. Sigh.
Old 04-14-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by animalmystic
The blonde chick that Vaughan had a chance to get his freak on with was hot!! Did you see that nurse outfit!! Shit I want to bang her

Ehhh this episode was ok, I agree with most of the other posters that the whole "family" thing is getting out of hand, who did it, who did, blah, its getting old real quick. And this back and fourth shit about Syd's Mom, shes evil, shes not evil, she evil shes not evil, shes alive, she dead, that shit is getting real annoying, like a fucking nat at a picnic buzzing around. Go in one direction, and finish it, damn.

What was the point of the chocolate and knowing she was allergic, going to the hospital for a day, then back in prison WTF! Syd could have easily visited her in prison.

Oh ya and let me guess, secure deliveries of priceless artifacts are always:

a) done late at night
b) in a dark fucking alley/abandon town with nobody around and raining
c) lets fucking cars pull up right beside it
d) the light is fucking red for like 10 minutes, run that shit NOBODY IS AROUND, you are the CIA FUCK IT!!
e)1 pansy ass guard in the back, no gun, no radio for help, what a puss.y, i would have stomped those bitches like Michael Flatley when they tried to crawl up the hole
f) all that fucking talking and noise making Vaughan and the girl I want to bang were making and nobody heard shit
g)where was that laser when they boarded the truck, up Vaughan's ass, he said that shit was fragile, I am sure banging it the fuck around boarding a truck did good for it.

Gimme a break!! Then again its TV and I love Smallville, and ya, that shit is real believable too. LOL

And when the fuck is Weiss gonna bang Nadia, I mean shit come on man. She hott, and she got a great rack.
Best post ever!
Old 04-14-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read the info in the program guide for next weeks episode, and dammit! spoilers!
Spoiler:
The new "Sloane" is apparently an imposter...

and also Sydney apparently helps Sloane to get the imposter...which means the whole threat of Sloane being wrongfully accused will go out the window in less than 30 probably, although I guess most fans hate Sloane so they wouldnt care if he was wrongfully accused.
Old 04-14-05, 11:16 AM

Could someone please recap the last exchange between Arvin & Jack? Do they know Vaughan was the one who swiped the manuscript?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.