Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tales of Legendia coming to U.S. PS2 only

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-05, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tales of Legendia coming to U.S. PS2 only

Just got this off Game informer. Thought it would make a few people happy. (PixyJunket!) Anyway, I loved the Symphonia game and can't wait for this to hit the stores.

Namco announced today that the latest epic adventure in the enormously popular Tales franchise, Tales of Legendia, will be coming to the U.S. market exclusively for the PS2.

In development for several years, Tales of Legendia will offer fantastic 3D graphics, dynamic battle scenes and an emotionally-charged storyline. Additionally, Tales of Legendia features a unique cast of characters designed by Kazuto Nakazawa, the internationally renowned Japanese artist acclaimed for his amazing animation sequences in "Kill Bill: Vol. 1."

"We look forward to bringing the newest 'Tales' adventure to the loyal fans of this franchise," said Yoshi Niki, Business Unit Director at Namco Hometek Inc. "'Tales of Legendia's' updated graphics and engaging battle system clearly sets a new standard for the role-playing genre of games, and we are confident players will be delighted with this next journey."

Tales of Legendia is an epic tale of love and heroism that explores the ties that bind us all. Senel Coolidge, a young expert of the special skill called "eres," was drifting in the misty ocean on a small boat with his younger sister Shirley. As food ran out and their strength deteriorated, an island suddenly burst through the mist and approached the boat with astonishing speed. The boat was engulfed by wild waves as Senel tried to steer it. When they woke up on the shore, they realized it was not an ordinary island, but actually the deck of the mysterious giant ship called Legacy. Have they stumbled upon an unknown civilization, or is the Legacy a relic of something long past?

The 'Tales' series has been thrilling RPG fans around the world for nearly a decade. While it follows a traditional RPG format, the series is set apart by its slick presentation and art, real-time interactive battle system and clever level designs and puzzles.

For more information about Tales of Legendia, please visit: http://www.namco.com/games/talesoflegendia/

-Chris Cook
Old 04-13-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sigh.

On one hand, I'm excited.. a new Tales game in English. On the other (greater) hand I'm sorely disappointed that (this is a very good indication that) Tales of Rebirth has been skipped over. I'm highly infatuated with the character designs and the overall art and feel of Rebirth. I'm actually interested in the story from what I've seen so far, which is really rare for me. The game is actually a bit more complicated than most other imports I've played.. even though the battle system is action based, there seems to be a depth level within it on the level of some strategy RPGs. I was really hoping to get this in English for these reasons.

Now, the characters in Legendia are ugly as hell. Obviously, that's just cosmetic as the reason I love these games is for the excellent battle system and the new-old-school RPG style, which I'm sure will be there in full force. I'm just sick and tired of Namco skipping every other game in the series. This is the 7th main game in the series (8 if you count the massive remake of Phantasia) and we've gotten 4 of them.. and of the 3 released, all 3 have had things butchered out of the US releases for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.. I don't expect this to change either.

Sigh.