Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Music Preservation Registry..is there really a need for this?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-10-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read that a track off of Nevermind from Nirvana was added to the Preservation Registry. Now let me ask you something; why does this even exist? Do they expect the world to end and all music will be wiped off the planet except what they deemed important? It just sounds nuts to me.
Old 04-11-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
RIAA is going to start adding code to each downloaded mp3 that will blow up your computer. This will also emit an electrical discharge that will seek out and destroy every burned cd within a 10 mile radius. Since, apparently according to them, no one buys music any more, that will effectively remove every personal copy of a particular song.
After this, the consumers will band together and destroy the music companies buildings, which will get rid of their copies in the vaults. The records companies, pissed that they don't have the music any more, will send out groups of people to 'retire' the music stores.

Therefore, the Preservation Registry is a good and well thought out plan.