Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bjork fans, help raise money for Tsunami victims

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

A cd featruing remixes of Bjork's song "Army of Me". There's some interesting versions of the song on the cd.....

Here's a link to mp3 samples.

Buy it here

This record (a compilation of remixes and covers of Bjork's amazing single Army Of Me) has been produced to benefit Unicef (The United Nations Children's Fund) with all profits going directly to the charity.

An invitation to submit versions of “Army of Me”, Bjork's most popular title for covers it transpired, was posted on bjork.com... within a week over 600 were received ,through which Bjork and the song's co-writer, Graham (808 State) Massey, worked to select 20.

As stylistically varied as the song's originator and the officially commissioned remixes at the time, the selection incorporates the extreme metal of Canada's Interzone to the Spanish country take of The Messengers of God, via electroclash and accordion interpretations.

To find out more about UNICEF or to make a donation, please go to www.unicef.org.uk

This record is available for pre order now. All orders will be despatched ahead of the official release date of the 2nd of May 2005. Please note that if you order other titles at the same time as this, the whole order will be despatched as one. If you require the other titles for immediate despatch, please place as a seperate order.

For more information, visit this artist's webpage at indian.co.uk