Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

intruder 4/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intruder 4/05/05

Has anyone seen this around? (thanks to Fangoria.com)

March 28: INTRUDER uncut on DVD!

Here’s one that almost slipped by us until a fan pointed it out: An Unrated Director’s Cut DVD of Scott Spiegel’s INTRUDER, long coveted by gore fans, will be available April 5, and is currently being offered for pre-order at DVD Empire and other sites. The disc is being released by the Goldhil company, which has done no advance publicity on it; the title can’t even be found at Goldhil’s website. Retail price is $14.98; we haven’t found any information about special features, but the real attraction is getting to see the 1988 shocker, which was heavily cut for its prior video releases, in all its gruesome glory. Spiegel directed the film from a script he wrote with producer Lawrence Bender (his feature debut, before going on to team with Quentin Tarantino); the cast includes Elizabeth Cox, Renee Estevez, Dan Hicks and, in smaller roles, Spiegel’s cohorts Sam and Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell, Bender himself and future IGBY GOES DOWN writer/director Burr Steers. The copious blood and guts were created by Howard Berger, Greg Nicotero and Robert Kurtzman, working together as a team for the first time. (Thanks to William Wilson) —Michael Gingold

Doesn't seem anyone has it in stock, online or otherwise.

Last edited by dullboy; 04-05-05 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-05-05, 02:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah I saw the same announcement on Fango's website, would love to see this. I remember reading that the R-rated cut was eviscerated of nearly all it's gore.
Old 04-11-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like some of the e-tailers are posting a release date of 12/30/05 now, and put it back at pre-order status. Some, like Best Buy, have completely taken it off their listing. Dammit.
Old 04-11-05, 10:44 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
That sucks.
Old 04-12-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, the Wizard Entertainment website says August 9, 2005, is now the release date. And the artwork seems to have been changed. Check it out:
http://www.wizardentertainment.net/b..._sellsheet.jpg
Old 04-18-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually got me a copy already. Some guy on ebay was selling an advance copy (or one that had leaked out on the first reported release date). It has the original posted artwork on the cover. My guess is that is the reason for the delay. Maybe they decided to make the cover artwork match the main menus on the disc. Weird. Anyway, I watched it and it seems fine.
Old 04-18-05, 12:54 PM

Actually, the cover art and the sellsheet art were always different. Everybody that posts getting this has never mentioned any specs. Is this anamorphic widescreen? I am guessing no.
Old 04-18-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not anamorphic. Full frame (open matte). Mono audio. Video-type trailers for other Full Moon/Wizard Entertainment DVDs, including Intruder.

FYI, the guy that I bought the DVD from has another one up on ebay.
Old 04-18-05, 06:43 PM

Thanks Dullboy. I'll pass on this as it is another sorry release. Why not make this anamorphic WS?
Old 04-19-05, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure it was filmed that way. I suppose this could be another "Evil Dead" argument since it was essentially the same people involved.

Anyway, you can get this now at FullMoon pictures web-site. Don't know why the usual on-line stores are delayed.
Old 06-20-05, 11:17 AM

well... finally rented this from Netflix last Friday and while it had it's flaws - I thought the KNB gore truly was amazing - the infamous band saw to the face is soooooooooooo gross (how in the hell did they think this would make it in an R-rated film is beyond me).
Old 06-20-05, 06:46 PM

For a moment I thought this thread was about Claire Denis' The Intruder.
Old 06-21-05, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by alessandro
For a moment I thought this thread was about Claire Denis' The Intruder.
sadly no - though I am looking forward to seeing Ms. Denis' film as well when and if that film gets released on DVD.