Reload this Page >

The Shield "Doghouse" 4/5/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-05-05, 11:26 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

"Doghouse"

When Monica puts Vic on the trail of an escaped fugitive in Farmington, he must continue to prove his worth while playing it straight. Claudette gets suspicious of the DA's motives when she and Dutch are assigned to investigate a major drug dealer who ends up being a minor offender. David seeks an illicit outlet for the troubling feelings caused by his rape. Vic decides to bring Shane closer as his fears about Shane's connection to Antwon Mitchell rise.

Last edited by Geofferson; 04-05-05 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-05-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vic causually twirling his pistol while allowing the police dog extra time to chomp on the rapist's nuts.
Old 04-05-05, 11:07 PM

Reminded me of, "Chopper...sic balls."

Good episode tonight. Damn, does Aceveda's new friend have a nice ass in those jeans.
Old 04-05-05, 11:42 PM

very nice ass!!
Old 04-06-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
The ball-biting dog was the hero of this episode.
Old 04-06-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
vic's lucky no one got shot by him doing that
horrible gun handling

so the strike team is getting back together, in a way. too bad shane is passing info to the bad guys
Old 04-06-05, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have to say that with every new ep this season, I'm becoming less and less a fan of the show. It started with last season and the sudden weird twist in Dutch's character. Now we have Assinvader becoming extremely corrupt after 3 seasons of fighting Vic's corruption. Claudette has turned into a raving ignorant bitch. Julien and Danny have been all but ignored.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 04-06-05 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-06-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I have to say that with every new ep this season, I'm becoming less and less a fan of the show. It started with last season and the sudden weird twist in Dutch's character. Now we have Assinvader becoming extremely corrupt after 3 seasons of fighting Vic's corruption. Claudette has turned into a raving ignorant bitch. Julien and Danny have been all but ignored.
That's funny, I feel completely opposite. I think the show is getting better and better with each episode. Aceveda was always corrupt, he just looked like a saint when compared to Vic. I'm not sure where the "raving, ignorant bitch" comment comes from regarding Claudette, but I think her and Dutch need to be featured a bit more. I always thought they had the most interesting storylines.

As far as Aceveda's prostitute friend, when I first saw her I though it was Danny in civilian clothes. Then I saw that ass and realized there was no way it could be her!
Old 04-06-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Great episode. Love the direction they are taking Aceveda's character. Always great when Vic has to go to Dutchboy for help. Glenn Close continues to shine in her role.
Old 04-06-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
The long moment where all you could hear was the dog going to work on the rapist was FANTASTIC. And I'm pretty sure Vic would have the safety on while he was twirling his gun as he waited...

GREAT episode in yet another great season.
Old 04-06-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
During the sic balls scene, I was waiting for one of them to say, "So, how about that game last night?", they were so casual while getting some payback.

The Aceveda plot seems shoehorned in, like it's just to give him something to do.

I'd like to see more from Claudette and and Cat Strangler, they have such an interesting relationship. They both felt so bad for the pot grower, but they needed it to get back in good with the D.A.
Old 04-06-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm glad the K9 cop went along with it.
"well, he could have a second gun"
Old 04-06-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Aceveda was ALWAYS a dick.

This show is getting better and better...the tension was always Aceveda/Police Departmet/Strike Team Moles vs. the Strike Team...now that its the Strike Team vs. Itself AND Everone else.... the high wire act will become more vomit enducing than ever.

Anyone else see the only resolution to this process is killing Cleetus? Maybe we get Army on the Strike Team to replace him.
Old 04-06-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by johnglass
I'm not sure where the "raving, ignorant bitch" comment comes from regarding Claudette, but I think her and Dutch need to be featured a bit more. I always thought they had the most interesting storylines.
They had great storylines before... but now Claudette has been turned into a very bitter woman. The ignorant comment is because she apparently doesn't understand that she put herself in this position willingly. If she wants out of it, she's going to have to work her way out - and she doesn't want to do that.

In the first and second seasons of the show, I thought she was the strongest character they had. Now she's getting annoying.

I think they might be stretching themselves thin on too many sub-plots also. It doesn't give enough time for any specific one to shine.
Old 04-06-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
A MINORITY WOMAN in a predominatly white male PD would have spent years getting the ass end of the stick, and after getting f'd out of a promotion, I totally believe Claudette's attitude this year...too proud to apologise, contemplating just runnng out the string till retirement, super-pissed about another woman as her boss (and getting immediate results).
Old 04-06-05, 10:11 AM

...RAGA...

"Righteous Angel Gorgeous Ass"
Old 04-06-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Reminded me of, "Chopper...sic balls."

Good episode tonight. Damn, does Aceveda's new friend have a nice ass in those jeans.
I was drooling all over myself when they showed the whore's ass.
Old 04-06-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Vic getting yelled at cause he "deputized" a gang to help capture the Hispanic rapist.
Then the gang attacks a guy driving a floral van who turns out to be "Chinese".
Old 04-06-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
They had great storylines before... but now Claudette has been turned into a very bitter woman. The ignorant comment is because she apparently doesn't understand that she put herself in this position willingly. If she wants out of it, she's going to have to work her way out - and she doesn't want to do that.

In the first and second seasons of the show, I thought she was the strongest character they had. Now she's getting annoying.

I think they might be stretching themselves thin on too many sub-plots also. It doesn't give enough time for any specific one to shine.

I understand what you're saying, but I think her bitterness is justified. She's one of the few cops in the Barn that isn't corrupt, and I think the fact that she is sticking to her convictions is a great contrast to how Aceveda or Vic (or even Monica from the way it's looking) would have handled the same issue. The only downside that I see is that this has changed the dynamic between her and Dutch, which I'm not sure I like.

As far as the sub-plots. I'm not sure if there are more this season or not, but I do find myself having a hard time keeping up with all of it. I sometimes forget which character is involved in which sub-plot, especially is they aren't on screen and are just mentioned by name.
Old 04-06-05, 02:51 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

To label Acevedo as corrupt because he's chasing a prostitute is stretching it a bit. He got raped and cant even look at his wife, so this is what a damaged man might do.

I too think this season isnt up to par so far. Maybe they're intimidated by the 'great' Glenn Close and making her too prominent in her role. Acevedo was never that prominent.

Shane transformed into a very bad guy isnt that believable to me ... In previous seasons, Shane seemed very conflicted about being a bad guy. His behavior this year isnt true to his character the previous 3 years.

I still cant believe Kenny Johnson is 27. He's more leathery than Leatherface.
Old 04-06-05, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
I still cant believe Kenny Johnson is 27. He's more leathery than Leatherface.
Wow - no kidding. I would have guessed him at early to mid-30s at the youngest.
Old 04-06-05, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This show seems to have just compeltely forgot about Danny and Julian over the past two seasons. I actually think they are interesting characters, but you wouldn't know it because they are so underused now.
Old 04-06-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Julian's character arc is really going painfully slow. It's been clear since Day 1 with his wife that the whole thing would collapse someday... Now it's clear they're probably going to have a baby before he meets some guy and starts cheating... Are they going to spend six or seven *years* getting him "out of the closet" with himself?
Old 04-06-05, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^Maybe I missed something...did they reference Julian's family or wife, etc in this ep?
Old 04-06-05, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
vic's lucky no one got shot by him doing that
horrible gun handling

so the strike team is getting back together, in a way. too bad shane is passing info to the bad guys

I could have swore that Vic had a smile on his face when that dog made a meal out of that rapist. As for Shane passing info to Antwon let's just say that Vic ain't no saint either. As for Aceveda it seems his wife is giving him the cold shoulder and is forced to turn to another woman for comfort go figure I wonder where this relationship will lead?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.