Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Deadwood - 'Complications' - 4/03/05

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Deadwood - 'Complications' - 4/03/05

As a convalescing Swearengen bridles, Cochran schools Burns and Dority how best to assist his recovery. Alma is also feeling unwell, mornings. Unexpected profits at the Chez Ami lead Tolliver to an unexpected discovery about Wolcott. Merrick posts a provocative statement from Yankton on title to the claims; Bullock protects Commissioner Jarry from an angry mob, which redirects its ire. After returning a horse to Hostetler at the livery, professional go-between Samuel Fields finds a kindred spirit in Jane.

Good to see Jane back.
Old 04-03-05, 03:59 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Sounds like a good one!
Old 04-03-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome episode. The conversations with 'Nigge r General' and Jane were quite amusing.

Bullock delivered a great line..."I'll motherfuck you, and blow your head off!"

Last edited by flashburn; 04-03-05 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-03-05, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow ,I'd say Miss Isringhausen is defenitely working for someone ,( Alma's father or Broms Parents) ..Now I'm thinking maybe she is an undercover agent for the Pinkertons. I wonder if they used women for things like that back then?

Great Episode,I can't get enough of this show
Old 04-03-05, 09:17 PM

Great episode. Back in season one form.
Spoiler:
Dan telling Al about Wu's "invisible celestial" . Doc telling Trixie her disposition is about as shitty as her employer's. Great having Al back: "You wipe that rim off I'll beat you to death from my vantage".

Miss Isringhausen is a WHORE!

I love this show.
Old 04-03-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Al/Dan/Johnny
Al/Doc
Doc/Trixie
Alma/Richardson
Merrick/Cy
Jane/The General
Alma/Trixie
Jane/Commissioner
Doc/Alma
Seth/Al

Every scene...every conversation...God I love this show.
Old 04-03-05, 09:20 PM

Best Line
Al: Did you Fuck me while I was out? ...Then quit looking at me like that

:P
Old 04-03-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
That was one of the most amazing hours of television i've ever seen. Simply brilliant from start to finish. Best episode they've done yet.
Old 04-03-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Best line;

Jane "But your a little ni**er, arent you?"
Old 04-03-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Is this the first time the General Nig (great dig by his uncle) was mentioned?
Old 04-04-05, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Loved how Al is starting to get his attitude back, barking at his henchmen while still recovering.

One thing I wasn't sure about, why did the mob try to tar the General? Were they just angry about missing the Commissioner and were looking to hurt anyone?
Old 04-04-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
One thing I wasn't sure about, why did the mob try to tar the General? Were they just angry about missing the Commissioner and were looking to hurt anyone?

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. I thought their plan was to go after the General to distract Bullock so the others could get to the Commish.
Old 04-04-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah, I didn't understand that either. I thought their plan was to go after the General to distract Bullock so the others could get to the Commish.
And then someone asked "what if Bullock comes out shooting?" and the leader of the mob said something to the effect of "then let's just get the n____r."

Just a demonstration of scapegoating.

And my favorite line from the ep was from Al to Bullock, meeting for the first time since giving back his gun and badge: "You got a lot of nerve showing up here so pretty."
Old 04-04-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fantastic episode! I have to see this one again. I didn't record it, but it's on HBO 2 tonight.

So are we to presume that Bullock is the daddy?

It was funny when Johnny kept wispering Bullock's name and gesturing rather then coming right out and saying it. Then Al had to yell "BULLOCK!" for him to come into the room.
Old 04-04-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
This was by far my favorite episode of Season 2.
Old 04-04-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

I still don't understand the hate Ms. Isrignhausen has for Alma? Is there something more there that we don't know about because it can't just be the fact that she was fired.
Old 04-04-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I still don't understand the hate Ms. Isrignhausen has for Alma? Is there something more there that we don't know about because it can't just be the fact that she was fired.
I think it's more than evident now that she's working for someone. She went from demure little schoolmarm to slutty conniving twat in about 2 seconds. She's blatantly lying to Silas about Alma, and he knows it...or at the very least suspects. Note that as soon as he tells her what she's saying doesn't add up, she spreads her legs and gives the come hither finger wag. Someone is out to do in Alma, probably for her gold. My money is on her late-husband's family.
Old 04-04-05, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think I stated last week, I velieve she's working for Mr. Wolcott. Alma is the largest gold outfit in Deadwood, I think. It makes sense for Wolcott to use more devious tactics to force her to sell.
Old 04-04-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by gcbrowni
I think I stated last week, I velieve she's working for Mr. Wolcott. Alma is the largest gold outfit in Deadwood, I think. It makes sense for Wolcott to use more devious tactics to force her to sell.

Well, killing her won't help.
Old 04-04-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by gcbrowni
And Alma is the only one high-tailing her gold out of camp, employing a professional foreman, with an education, the wearwithall to hire an attorney if need be, and with influential east-coast connections.
Old 04-04-05, 01:16 PM

that kind of scapegoating against blacks was very common for over 70 years following the civil war, anytime a group of whites was riled up about something they were liable to lynch/maim/terrorize the first black they saw.
Old 04-04-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"But they get to mitagatin!"

That line cracks me up for some reason.
Old 04-04-05, 07:50 PM

Well, killing her won't help.
No but scaring her out of Deadwood will.
Old 04-04-05, 08:58 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Had Bullock been unduly held up with the tarring, I'm sure some guys would have still gone after the commissioner, but he took the wind out of their sails real quickly.

I love the uneasy alliance between Bullock and Al. It gives Bullock's character so much more depth than he had before.
Old 04-04-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There are 2 lines that I like.

The way the guy said 'And then they start mitigatin!' is something that I will repeat over and over and over at work.

And the second, which I will probably never say out loud is when Trixie is talking to Alma and says 'First I gotta finish my Jew lessons'. As Dave Chappelle would say, some people have their rascism honed so much that even though you don't agree you gotta give em props for making it 'Tre Magnifique'.

D

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.