Reload this Page >

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect Discussion

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-02-05, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just curious how many people here picked this title up. My friend bought it the other day and I was really impressed by it. We had played the hell out of the second one but it left me feeling like 50.00 should of gotten me more in the way of the single player game and goodies. We ended up playing the game for hours and making maps. I kept telling my wife about how good it was so she bought me a copy tonight on her way home.

The aiming in the second game was total crap and was the reason I was going to avoid this one. It seems much better and that alone really helped to win me over. I was upset by the number of levels in this game when I read about it but they are longer than I expected.

I'm not one to buy every online shooter that comes along but the mapmaker function is really cool and I can see myself trying new maps out all the time. My friend made a great map but for some reason the online mapmaker wouldn't work when we tried to select it that night so he spent 2 hours making a map on my XBOX that he couldn't even share online. I'm hoping I can transfer a map to my memory card so he can take it to his system but I haven't tried yet. I'm really amazed at how small the saves are for each map.

If anyone here is making maps for this game please leave your gamertag. I'm curious to see if we have some professional level designers here.
Old 04-02-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't even know what this game is, but I checked out your Website and HOLY SHIT you got a picture of the store from Clerks!

Okay I checked out that game on xbox.com it doesn't look too bad, but I think I'm going to wait for Unreal 2. I will give it a rental though to be fair.
Old 04-02-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The game is pretty fun. The single player ws good, but rather short....I think about 6 hours or so. There is the ability to use BOTS though offline, so that;s nice. LIVE play is pretty good too. MapMaker is cool....although I have yet to build a map.
I may try eventually.....they still need to work out a lobby or something online though....
Old 04-02-05, 10:28 AM

LOVE the game, but I'm a huge Goldeneye/Timesplitters fanboy, so I can't say that I'm not biased. I've already dumped way too much time into this one... I had to put it away so that I could even hope to get some work done.
Old 04-02-05, 01:12 PM
RVP

I liked the second one, but this one is better. I finished the story mode in a few days, and now I am working on the challenges and such. It had a ton of unlockables and 150 characters!

Does anyone think the challenges are easier on this than the second? Oh yeah, I hate cat driving! It drives me nuts.
Old 04-02-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I wanted to love the second one (never played the first), but in the end, I hated it due to the horrid controls and the inability to save checkpoints when you turn the system off. Thankfully, they've changed both for this one, so I'm looking forward to picking it up when the price drops.
Old 04-02-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
I don't even know what this game is, but I checked out your Website and HOLY SHIT you got a picture of the store from Clerks!
I came home one day and my wife had our bags packed and said we were going on a trip. We spent a few hours in the car before she even told me where we were going. It was the shortest but absolute best vacation EVER! That store sure is tiny.

I ended up playing the single player game until 6 am this morning and I had to be up for work at 9. I'm only on my lunch break and I need a serious nap. My friend might come over tonight so we can play some of the game on Live.
Old 04-02-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I got this game and have only played it online so far. Weird lag or something going on. After Halo 2, I keep missing the jump button. I keep downloading some cool maps users have created. It would be nice to play some of you with custom maps.
Old 04-02-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVDChris
I got this game and have only played it online so far. Weird lag or something going on. After Halo 2, I keep missing the jump button. I keep downloading some cool maps users have created. It would be nice to play some of you with custom maps.
I have yet to play online but I did add you to my friends list so maybe I can join you in the future.
Old 04-02-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have it but I'm a little upset over the controls. Since I started First person shooters with Goldeneye, I have always used the left thumb to move forward and to turn. It even gives me a little edge in Halo. This game allows for that control, BUT when I aim (zoom in or use turrets) the controls revert back to default- the sticks are all messed up for me. I guess the developers fucked up on that one.
Old 04-03-05, 09:51 AM

Is the mapmaker improved from the previous two games? I'd love to be able to make some more complex and truly unique maps this time.
Old 04-03-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mmconhea
I have it but I'm a little upset over the controls. Since I started First person shooters with Goldeneye, I have always used the left thumb to move forward and to turn. It even gives me a little edge in Halo. This game allows for that control, BUT when I aim (zoom in or use turrets) the controls revert back to default- the sticks are all messed up for me. I guess the developers fucked up on that one.

what what what!!! no standard stick movement here?
Old 04-03-05, 12:34 PM
RVP

Originally Posted by DVDChris
I tried playing online the other day and got the lag problem. I wonder if its me, or if everyone has it? Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
Old 04-03-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
what what what!!! no standard stick movement here?
You can use TS/TS2 style controls or Halo controls, and for either one, you can customize all the buttons.
Old 04-03-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SteveOVig
Is the mapmaker improved from the previous two games? I'd love to be able to make some more complex and truly unique maps this time.
Personally I think the mapmaker feature has been tweaked a great deal since the last game. I didn't mess with the feature much in the last one since you couldn't upload them and share them like last time....but I don't recall this level of customization in the previous game.

I went to make an Egyptian theme last night and used the beginner mode to get the basics down. Tonight I'm going to try advanced mode and make a more detailed Lab based map. I should also be finishing up the single player game on normal tonight. Some of the cut-scenes in this game are soooooo funny and they already have me wanting a fourth game.
Old 04-03-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
You can use TS/TS2 style controls or Halo controls, and for either one, you can customize all the buttons.

Yes, but if you customize the sticks, when you zoom (aim) or use a turret the customization does not apply- it reverts back to the default.

This hurts me because I use the "legacy" scheme, which originated with Goldeneye.
Old 04-04-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm slowly getting better at map making. The multiple levels make things a real pain in the ass at times but really worth it once you get the hang of it. I've already spent more time making maps than playing the single player game.
Old 04-04-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I tried giving Timesplitters 2 a chance - 4 times. Bought it and sold it twice. I hated it with every fiber of my being, but people kept saying how great it was. Worst controls on a FPS ever. I played Timesplitters 3 at E3 for about 20 seconds and realized the controls were exactly the same, so I flipped off the screen and walked away in disgust. Did they fix the controls since then or does it still have that stupid wonky aiming reticle that flies all over the screen?
Old 04-04-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts
Did they fix the controls since then or does it still have that stupid wonky aiming reticle that flies all over the screen?
Fixed it, it now controls like the typical xbox/ps2 shooter, which is a good thing.
Old 04-04-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
Fixed it, it now controls like the typical xbox/ps2 shooter, which is a good thing.
Yeah that is the crap I hated about the 3rd one as well and why I laughed at my buddy when he bought the game. As soon as I saw they fixed that I was far more interested in the game.
Old 04-04-05, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Strange - must've been last minute because last year at E3, the controls still sucked ass.
Old 04-05-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, you can change the aiming from 3 different modes. Standard is the fixed reticule....you can also do the "wobbly" reticule. or just turn it off all together.
Old 08-15-18, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect Discussion

1st: make 2 & 3 backward compatible on XB1 now!
2nd: remake all 3
3rd: make Part 4

TimeSplitters and Second Sight have been acquired by Koch Media
https://www.videogamer.com/news/time...-by-koch-media