Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dynasty Warriors V: so how is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Dynasty Warriors V: so how is it?

I know, I know, it's the same game over and over and over, but for some reason, I love this series! Anyway, since it's on sale for 39.99 at Fry's this weekend, I've been thinking about buying it. Otherwise, I'll just wait until it hits Xbox, since I've never played a DW game on Xbox, and I'll pick up the new Splinter Cell instead. Anyone pick it up this week, and if so, how is it?
Old 04-01-05, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine's still on order at dvdsoon.com. It's received mediocre -> midrange reviews but I'm not sure that should stop a fan of the series.

If you're in no hurry I'd get the xbox version (I've played 3 on the xbox), at the very least it should load faster .
Old 04-01-05, 07:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Personally I'd wait for the Xbox version... in the meantime Samurai Warriors is pretty cheap and essentially the same type of game.
Old 04-02-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
The Dynasty 3 was my overall fave when I had the PS2. I got the XBox and sold all my PS2 stuff. I found a used Dynasty 4 for the XBox but was dissapointed with the overall appearence and play. It looked no different on the XBox than a PS2. They'll have to make some serious changes to gain any XBox players.

Kenny J.
Old 04-02-05, 11:14 AM

Dynasty Warriors 4 really did suck compared to 3. I think the graphics had a major downgrade and the gameplay didnt feel the same. Hopefully, 5 goes back to being like 3, then I'll be sure to give it a shot.
Old 04-03-05, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Well I just got the latest issue of EGM (May) in the mail and they give DW5 as follows..8.0--7.5--8.0. They've basically said this is the version to get out of all of them. They also rated Tekken 5 as follows..8.0--8.0--8.5. They also gave God of War..10--9.5--10.

Right now DW5 is only available on the PS2. I'm not going to fret to much if it doesn't get to the XBox or if it's like the DW4 which was dissapointing. I've got Jade Empire to check out and Unreal Championship 2 coming.

Kenny J.
Old 04-04-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ah, but I think the design of the Xbox doesn't allow them to come out with the expansion packs. So do the Xbox versions come with the Xtreme Legends stuff built in, or should I just go ahead and go with the PS2 version?
Old 04-04-05, 05:00 PM
Banned

anyone here gonna get Dynastly Warriors for the Gameboy DS?

go on Gamestop.com to find more info on it

man i cant wait til it comes out
Old 04-04-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No the xbox version doesn't come with the xtreme legends packs built in. I think the reason they don't usually release the XL packs on xbox is that the sales don't really justify the efforts. I can't imagine they even sell that well on PS2.

The xbox certainly doesn't have any design limitations that would restrict them from releasing an XL pack.
Old 04-04-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dynasty Warriors 5 is awsome. i give it 8 out of 10

ALso, CC have it for $40 - $5 off GGC coupon = $34.49 or less after Pricematch
Old 04-05-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chris_D
No the xbox version doesn't come with the xtreme legends packs built in. I think the reason they don't usually release the XL packs on xbox is that the sales don't really justify the efforts. I can't imagine they even sell that well on PS2.

The xbox certainly doesn't have any design limitations that would restrict them from releasing an XL pack.
I thought that the Extreme Legends disks required you to swap the disks out... which is impossible on Xbox, since opening the tray resets the Xbox. May be wrong on that, though...

Anyway, went back to Samurai Warriors last night, as I still haven't unlocked everything anyway. I guess I'll go hunt for SW Xtreme Legends and wait for DW 5 to be discounted before getting it...