DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Problems downloading from the Den

Josh Z
04-01-05, 05:56 PM
I have successfully downloaded from the Den in the past, however when I try now it takes a credit and gave me the following error message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /eyesthin_00008_cstm.zip on this server.
-------
Apache/1.3.33 Server at covers.dagonsden.com Port 80"

I assume this is most likely a problem with my Norton firewall blocking the site's ad server. I tried to adjust my settings but still can't get it to work. Can anyone tell me the correct settings?

meglet
04-02-05, 02:46 PM
I don't have Norton so I don't know what the exact settings for it are, but I ended up having to bypass all my filtering software in order to get covers to download. There is definetly something different in the new code that causes this. Your best option is probably just to temporarily bypass or disable your firewall when you want to download from the Den.

Dagon
04-07-05, 06:22 PM
The new security measures at the Den prevent downloading if, amongst other things, the code doesn't receive a referrer. Thus any software, filters, plug-ins, etc. that strip referrer tags will cause you difficulties downloading.

Josh Z
04-07-05, 07:17 PM
I finally got it to work by temporarily turning off the "Privacy Control" setting in Norton. That did it.