Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

how much is my Gamecube and games worth on Ebay?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking of selling my gamecube on ebay to get the extra cash for a PSP and I was wondering how much I might be able to get for it.

My gamecube is a black gamecube that I had modified by NCS to play japanese and US games. I have 2 wave birds, one regular controller and a memory card for it and the following games. it is adult owned and in very good condition.

Games:
Mario Cart
Zelda WW (and the bonus Zelda Orcania 2 game disk still sealed)
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rebel Strike (and the bonus disk that gamestop gave me with it)
Resident Evil 4
Fzero FX
ikaruga
Super Monkey Ball
Mario Sunshine
Tales of Symphonia
Naruto Gekitou Ninja 2 (japanese GC game)
Soull Calibur 2 (japanese GC game)
Old 03-31-05, 09:57 AM
Suspended

my guess,

$200-$250
Old 03-31-05, 10:01 AM

thanks, I am hoping I can get around that to pay for most or all of my PSP. I still like my gamecube but want to get the PSP and I dont have room in my budget for it right now unless I sell some of my other games to pay for it. I will probably list it tonight after work.
Old 03-31-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Since you still like your GC why don't you wait for the inevitable price drop of the PSP?
Old 03-31-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
Since you still like your GC why don't you wait for the inevitable price drop of the PSP?
Maybe he doesn't want to wait 2 years?

I sold my GC and 5 games on eBay for $68. Ya, I got screwed. But it's better than it just collected dust and losing value.
Old 03-31-05, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mopower
The PSP will drop in price in a lot less then 2 years. You can get them new in Japan for well under $200 already. Sony has already said they will release a PSP state side without the crappy accessories pack as well = lower cost.
Old 03-31-05, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mopower

I sold my GC and 5 games on eBay for $68. Ya, I got screwed. But it's better than it just collected dust and losing value.

If you don't mind telling what were the 5 games?
Old 03-31-05, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by bluntman72
I am thinking of selling my gamecube on ebay to get the extra cash for a PSP and I was wondering how much I might be able to get for it.

My gamecube is a black gamecube that I had modified by NCS to play japanese and US games. I have 2 wave birds, one regular controller and a memory card for it and the following games. it is adult owned and in very good condition.

Games:
Mario Cart
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rebel Strike (and the bonus disk that gamestop gave me with it)
Resident Evil 4
Fzero FX
ikaruga
Super Monkey Ball
Mario Sunshine
Tales of Symphonia
Soull Calibur 2 (japanese GC game)

If you have a sealed Zelda bonus disc that is 50 by itself, also Mario Kart seems to be going from 16-25 from what i've seen auctions end at. Resident Evil 4 would be 30-40. I just saw an Ikaruga auction end at 30 the other day. So I would list those seperate, not too sure about the rest of the stuff. I know the star wars games barely go for 10 bucks these days .
Old 03-31-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluebomber
If you don't mind telling what were the 5 games?
Splinter Cell
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Rebel Strike
NBA Street 2
I forget the 5th.
Old 03-31-05, 11:30 AM

Damn that sucks , barely a few bucks more then what the system goes for by itself at times. But you are right, that is 68 bucks you got for something you weren't using.
Old 03-31-05, 11:31 AM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluebomber
If you have a sealed Zelda bonus disc that is 50 by itself, also Mario Kart seems to be going from 16-25 from what i've seen auctions end at. Resident Evil 4 would be 30-40. I just saw an Ikaruga auction end at 30 the other day. So I would list those seperate, not too sure about the rest of the stuff. I know the star wars games barely go for 10 bucks these days .
For the Star Wars game, you might want to wait until the new movie comes out. There will probably be lots of people on ebay then looking for some Star Wars action.
Old 03-31-05, 12:06 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
The PSP will drop in price in a lot less then 2 years. You can get them new in Japan for well under $200 already. Sony has already said they will release a PSP state side without the crappy accessories pack as well = lower cost.
The amount he could get for the GCN will drop also if he waits. I'm contemplating unloading my unused GCN & games for this too.
Old 03-31-05, 12:23 PM

the main reason I am getting a PSP is I am flying to Saigon in May and it is around 20-24 hours of travel time and I wanted a PSP to use during the flight and the layover in japan.

I am currently not using my gamecube so I figured I would sell it to buy the PSP. Normally I would have the money to buy it but my trip will cost me around $3200 so I am a little tight on cash at the moment.
Old 03-31-05, 12:27 PM
Banned

its probably $1 on EBAY because thats what its worth

MOD NOTE: Read the rules and obey them. This is an official warning. -namja

Last edited by namja; 04-01-05 at 02:18 AM. Reason: worthless
Old 03-31-05, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by BrianYuen
its probably $1 on EBAY because thats what its worth
are you a nintendo hater or just a bored kid? Resident evil 4 is one of my favorite games I have played this year and I have enjoyed the game cube and I will get another one when zelda is released. the main reason I am selling it is I need a PSP right now more than a gamecube.

I own all three systems and I like them all and I dont understand people that hate on a system for no reason. If you dont like it fine just understand that not everyone hates it.

Last edited by namja; 04-01-05 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-31-05, 01:11 PM

are you a nintendo hater or just a bored kid? Resident evil 4 is one of my favorite games I have played this year and I have enjoyed the game cube and I will get another one when zelda is released. the main reason I am selling it is I need a PSP right now more than a gamecube.

I own all three systems and I like them all and I dont understand people that hate on a system for no reason. If you dont like it fine just understand that not everyone hates it.

I agree. I also have all three systems and even though they all have their faults, they are also great too in their own way.

BrianYuen, being a new member, a bit of advice, don't bash consoles. You'll end up pissin a lot of people off real quick.
Old 03-31-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I somewhat agree with Brian, but not a $1 more like a $100. GC don't get much on eBay. But if you take a lot of good pictures of everything and get a nice looking auction going you are bound to get more. I got over $50 for a release date PS1 and a couple games I had lots of pictures and I got 400 and some odd views by the auction's end.
Old 03-31-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say sell your GC but not the games.....Hang on the games for the next Nintendo system.
Old 03-31-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the main reason I am getting a PSP is I am flying to Saigon in May and it is around 20-24 hours of travel time and I wanted a PSP to use during the flight and the layover in japan.
If you are getting a PSP to play on a long flight, then I'd say forget it for the most part as of right now.
Old 03-31-05, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
If you are getting a PSP to play on a long flight, then I'd say forget it for the most part as of right now.
why do you say forget it, is it due to battery life or another reason. I dont need it to last 13 hours straight since they always have atleast 3 movies and I usually bring a book and some magazines. I would be happy with around 2-3 hours of entertainment on the flight from houston to Japan. then I will have a 4 hour layover so I can recharge it in japan and get a few hours more on the flight to saigon. If you can buy extra batteries I will just get an extra one and charge it before the trip.

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
I somewhat agree with Brian, but not a $1 more like a $100. GC don't get much on eBay. But if you take a lot of good pictures of everything and get a nice looking auction going you are bound to get more. I got over $50 for a release date PS1 and a couple games I had lots of pictures and I got 400 and some odd views by the auction's end.
I agree that the cube may not be worth much, but the value of my pack is the fact that is is moded to play japanese games, the wireless controllers, and I have some decent titles like the zelda 2 pack sealed and res 4. I am just hoping to make some decent money on it so I can go get a PSP, if it gets no bids or only low bids I will have to make sure it doesnt sell cause I cant part with it for $100 since I have put alot of money into it.
Old 03-31-05, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
I say sell your GC but not the games.....Hang on the games for the next Nintendo system.

Best suggestion in this thread.
Old 03-31-05, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
You should probably either set a reserve or set the minimum price at what you are willing to take to part with it. It also seems like a good idea to sell the big-ticket items separately. Just be very descriptive and I am sure you will get enough to get a PSP and a game or two.
Old 03-31-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Will the next one be backwards-compatible? If so, that'll be a first (outside of the Game Boy family, of course).
Old 03-31-05, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
Will the next one be backwards-compatible? If so, that'll be a first (outside of the Game Boy family, of course).
It will be.
Old 03-31-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with the sell the games separately suggestion. Maybe the following would be better value as individuals? You'd think a modded gc by itself would get at least $40. The freeloader disc costs at least 10-15 right, and is a pain in the ass to use..

Mario Cart
Tales of Symphonia
ikaruga
Resident Evil 4

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.