TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars 3/29/05

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-05, 01:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Veronica Mars 3/29/05

Just a reminder that this show is back with a new episode tonight for the first time in over a month.

Betty and Veronica
Spoiler:

Following an emotional reunion with her mother (guest star Corinne Bohrer), Veronica (Kristen Bell) must track down Neptune High's mascot -- the ever-popular Polly the Parrot -- before a big basketball game. The rival school has apparently kidnapped it; In other news, Veronica attempts to gain access to her father's original interrogation tapes after her suspicions about the Kane family are rekindled. Additionally, Veronica's relationship with Deputy Leo (Max Greenfield) heats up -- as does Meg's (Alona Tal) connection with Duncan (Teddy Dunn).
Old 03-29-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hooray!!!
Old 03-29-05, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Wow! Quite a bit of shit hit the fan tonight! This show BETTER get renewed!
Old 03-29-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Argh! My Directivo didn't record this episode. It said there was no video signal in one of my tuners. I was busy watching Amazing Race and did not notice until now.

Now it appears to be fine. Does anyone know if UPN will repeat this one soon?
Old 03-30-05, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if it'll be repeated, but it was a good episode. I'm sure you can find it via "alternate sources".

Also, Rob Thomas set up a website for the show at:

http://watchveronicamars.com/

It has a bunch of extras (original pilot script, some deleted scenes, etc).
Old 03-30-05, 03:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty good episode

It seems to me like everything is pointing to there being only 2 suspects left for Lily's death
Spoiler:
Duncan or his mother
Old 03-30-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
Pretty good episode

It seems to me like everything is pointing to there being only 2 suspects left for Lily's death
Spoiler:
Duncan or his mother
It's the first one.
Old 03-30-05, 03:19 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

That's what I was thinking too
Old 03-31-05, 10:44 AM

Yeah. I was telling a friend that Tuesdays episode is what really set it apart as a great episode! It flowed a lot like an episode of Buffy, moving in and out of time periods and the humor to crying ratio was about the same!!

A great Episode!
If the Duncan's the killer, which it seems he is, I would be greatly surprised, as he seems like a character they would want to keep around for the future!!

What a great series, and it shows in UPN's ratings, and considering its going up against House and the Office, and that its on UPN!!

A Big hells yeah to this show!!

I still think it would do good as part of a group with another good buffy-esque type show, Bring back Haunted UPN!! Hell. buy Tru Calling if fox axes it!!
Old 03-31-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So why did Veronica's mother run away? She is just a drunk that needs detoxing, brought on by the ostracization of her husband? Why totally cut contact with her daughter, for the most part?
Old 03-31-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
So why did Veronica's mother run away? She is just a drunk that needs detoxing, brought on by the ostracization of her husband? Why totally cut contact with her daughter, for the most part?
Judging by the pictures in the safe deposit box with Veronica in crosshairs, presumably Moms fled because someone threatened her daughter's life if she didn't skip town.
Old 03-31-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You are right. I totally forgot about the picture with her in the crosshairs.
Old 03-31-05, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I have my suspicisions that its
Spoiler:
Meg, Duncans new GF. Why? In the original episode Lily tells Veronica "I have a secret". Now, the only people who could've heard it at the time were the Cheerleaders, which Meg was. Maybe the secret was Duncan was breaking up with her for Meg (which did infact happen later on). Maybe Meg is trying to get into the family? Maybe I'm just crazy, but she's becoming more of promonent characters (Even trying to befriend Veronica, and run in their on 'click' like Veronica and Lily once did). I just can't see Duncan doing it, because its TOO obvious.
Old 03-31-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You are right. I totally forgot about the picture with her in the crosshairs.
Yup, and I have a feeling the Celese Kane was behind that.
Old 03-31-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I just watched my tape of this episode. It was great!!! Does it really cost four years college tuition to send someone into rehab? I am really looking forward to the next six episodes. I am glad that they are going to answer all of our questions before the end of the season.

Kristen Bell looked so hot. I still can't believe that she is 24. She doesn't look a day over 20. I liked how this episode showed the softer side of Veronica with her paying for her mom's rehab and putting the snickerdoodles in Wallace's locker. How does she do everything that she does and still be an honor student?
Old 04-01-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is she an honor student? I always thought that she was a middle of the road type of scholastic chick.

for the snickerdoodles. I had no idea it was her. I was thinking that it was from Weevil or the other team trying to make Wallace sick.
Old 04-01-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is she an honor student? I always thought that she was a middle of the road type of scholastic chick.

for the snickerdoodles. I had no idea it was her. I was thinking that it was from Weevil or the other team trying to make Wallace sick.
I am pretty sure that she is. I remember the guidance counsler saying that she was a gifted student. I also remember that she slept through class because she was bored by the teachers and not being challenged.
Old 04-02-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked this episode so much that I watched it again. I didn't catch that she said that she was from Riverdale until the second viewing. I thought she said Riverside during my first viewing. Classic archie references there. Movieking I went to UPN website for Veronica Mars and found out that she is an honor student. She made straight A's her sophomore year.

here is a quote from http://www.upn.com/shows/veronica_ma...icas_diary.php

What I need is a plan: how to survive junior year in five easy steps. Sort of like those disaster plans cities keep on file, in case there’s a hurricane or an earthquake, to get the people out quickly and safely. Because with no chance of early parole, I’ve got to make the remainder of my incarceration as painless as possible. So here goes:

1. keep getting straight A’s, so that all teacher complaints about me will sound like utter paranoia.

2. figure out a way to make money for my get-the-hell-out-of-Neptune fund – preferably by way of Stanford.

3. keep telling myself – only 674 days until graduation.

4.brush up on video games – I need to look too busy to notice that no one will join me for lunch.

5.find an Achilles heel for Logan Echolls – this guy needs to go down.

The only problem? This was my exact same plan for surviving sophomore year, and it didn’t exactly pan out. Getting a 4.0 was easy, and 674 days of torture is a lot more palatable than last year’s 985, but with the way our finances are, Stanford seems out of the question, Logan is more of an asshole every time I see him, and as for the cool loner act, who do I think I am - Clint Eastwood?

Last edited by lwhy?; 04-02-05 at 08:08 PM.