House - 03/29/05

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-05, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
House - 03/29/05

"Heavy", Episode #116.

Spoiler:
House and his team blame an adverse reaction on diet pills when an obese 10-year-old girl is admitted after having a heart attack, but ultimately they find another cause for her illness.

Cast: Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, Robert Sean Leonard, Jennifer Morrison, Omar Epps, Jesse Spencer, Chi McBride, Jennifer Stone, Cynthia Ettinger, Susan Slome, Ramon Franco, Teddy Lane Jr., Austin Leisle, Karen Goberman, Alyson Morgan, Rose Colasanti, Alec George, DJ Evans, Brian Fabian .
Producer(s): Paul Attanasio, Katie Jacobs, David Shore, Bryan Singer.

Original Airdate: March 29, 2005.
Old 03-29-05, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B.A.

Spoiler:
... but ultimately they find another cause for her illness.
What else is new?

I can't wait for some House-style fat jokes.
Old 03-29-05, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to know who House fires this week. Maybe he will quote Trump.
Old 03-29-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty good one. Chi McBride's character is a complete ass and totally unnecessary to even be there.
Old 03-29-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone care to give a recap? I watched the first half but skipped the second to watch the Office.
Thanks.
Old 03-29-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Pretty good one. Chi McBride's character is a complete ass and totally unnecessary to even be there.
Agreed.
Old 03-29-05, 10:38 PM

Anyone knows how long is this "Who's gonna get fired" storyline supposed to last. I am disappointed that they didn't resolve it and this episode and it's not even metioned in the preview.
Old 03-29-05, 11:10 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Next week's episode is a repeat.

I liked the episode overall, but what's with turning Chase into an ass all of the sudden? I know it started with the Nina Myers episode, but that was quick. I kept thinking throughout that they did it to make it easier to kick him out, but since it wasn't resolved...

Last edited by wetsprockets; 03-29-05 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-29-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Agreed!

I can't stand that SOB. It's a crime that he's even breathing the same air as the other characters on the show.
Old 03-30-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Another great episode. The banter between each doctor was fun to watch. It was also great to see House actually pick Chase straight out rather then some other means of avoiding the situation. I'm dissapointed to see next week as a rerun.
Old 03-30-05, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chi McBride's character may be an ass, but I like the distraction from the patients. Plus having House tell the team that he has to fire one of them by the end of the week was high comedy!

Watching them squabble for their jobs was almost as funny as Chase's intense hatred for fatties. He was so angry the entire episode, it was cracking me up. I don't think they are suddenly turning him into an ass. He's just been on edge since his screw up and his job has been in jeopardy.

A couple other moments that stick out right now: Cameron accusing House of having feelings for her after her big confession last week, making a bigger fool of herself. Then there was House telling Wilson he should grab Cameron's ass, call Foreman a spade, and then grab Chase's ass too. That one was right up there with the episode when he said that he couldn't decide which one was prettier, Cameron or Chase.

Last edited by Roto; 03-30-05 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-30-05, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Watched this for the first time in a while, (scrubs + whatever teen drama WB had on edged it). This is some good tv, still. How long have House and the hottie girl doc been having feeling or sex tension? Was it new? Also where the hell did Chi come from? Don't need to get into (I'll catch the episodes I've missed eventually) just a brief explanation would be great.
Old 03-30-05, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Also where the hell did Chi come from? Don't need to get into (I'll catch the episodes I've missed eventually) just a brief explanation would be great.
He donated $100 million to the hospital, so now he's the Chairman of the Board, and since House doesn't play by the rules, Vogler is pretty much out to get him now.

I've only seen the last 3 episodes, so I'm not sure how long the House/Cameron tension has been going on for, but it's been around for the three I've seen.

Did anyone else think Chase might not like overweight people? There was something about the way he reacted to the little girl, but it was so subtle, I had trouble nailing his feelings down

Last edited by Sir_Fireboard; 03-30-05 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-30-05, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I agree that McBride's character is an ass but I don't think the character is useless. That storyline is breaking up the monotony with is refreshing and it does give us some pretty priceless House moments.

BTW does anyone else think that Chase doesn't like overweight people?
Old 03-30-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

McBride's char needs to go. Yes, he donated a lot of money, but when you make people do things on a whim and not for a good reason, it's time to say "thanks, take your money and get out." Seriously, he's putting patients at risk just because he wants to play the big boss.
Old 03-30-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At the end did it seem they were pointing to Epps' char as the one going to leave? Or was that just me.
Old 03-30-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel-A
At the end did it seem they were pointing to Epps' char as the one going to leave? Or was that just me.
If one of them were indeed to leave, i think it would be him. Personally, i don't think any of the 3 will go. But i guess we'll see.

I don't think Chase likes overweight people
Old 03-30-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

$20 says Chase is a CCC (Closet Chubby Chaser)
Old 03-30-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They conveniently forgot that Foreman was just offered another job a few weeks ago
Old 03-30-05, 04:55 PM

Did House have a scene with Chase about having to let one of them go? In any case does anyone else think that House and Chase are secretly working together to get the goods on Chi? I mean Chase has really been different since Chi came on the scene.
Old 03-31-05, 02:36 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I think House now knows that Chase is who ratted him out and that he's with Volger.
Old 03-31-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Still a fan of House, but:

It seems like they had a good twist on the medical drama, and then Fox said "OK, now make 40 more episodes" and they didn't know what to do. So they introduced the Vogler character, made Cameron fall in love with House out of nowhere, made Chase a bad guy out of left field, etc.

I would rather they branch out by having cases that aren't solved within the hour, rather than make silly changes to the characters.
Old 03-31-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Meatpants
Still a fan of House, but:

It seems like they had a good twist on the medical drama, and then Fox said "OK, now make 40 more episodes" and they didn't know what to do. So they introduced the Vogler character, made Cameron fall in love with House out of nowhere, made Chase a bad guy out of left field, etc.

I would rather they branch out by having cases that aren't solved within the hour, rather than make silly changes to the characters.
True, theres no reason that the medical problems have to be solved in the hour...especially since the rest of the characters follow a chronological storyline...lets leave the clinic visits for resolution, and give me some recurring patients. That way you can keep locking in some decent actors/actresses...a 5 episode run on a show with HUGE ratings miht be nice for some familiar faces.
Old 03-31-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
True, theres no reason that the medical problems have to be solved in the hour...especially since the rest of the characters follow a chronological storyline...lets leave the clinic visits for resolution, and give me some recurring patients. That way you can keep locking in some decent actors/actresses...a 5 episode run on a show with HUGE ratings miht be nice for some familiar faces.
Here's another wild idea - how about they have House CORRECTLY DIAGNOSE a patient's strange affliction the first time? That way, they could solve two cases in one episode.
Old 03-31-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Meatpants
Here's another wild idea - how about they have House CORRECTLY DIAGNOSE a patient's strange affliction the first time? That way, they could solve two cases in one episode.
If that happened the hospital would be like drive through medicine. Patient in, diagnose, someone else treats. That would take a good 2 minutes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.