Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone notice NBC News' Campbell Brown lisping lately?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-24-05, 09:30 PM

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

What's the deal with this hot news chick? She's definitely become a reason to watch in my household and I would seriously miss her high-class, Wellesley College-esque take on the day's events. I know she's been around for several years now and has since moved into a guest anchor spot for Brian Williams on the Nightly News. But how long is NBC going to let her keep such a high-profile gig with her tongue stumbling all over those sybilant 's''s. She sounds worse than Cindy Brady and its almost painful to watch her knowing that a word starting with the letter 's' is coming sooner or later.

I don't recall her having this problem until recently? I wonder if she had some psychological problem or stress bring this condition out or maybe somebody chipped her tooth sticking a microphone or something into that fine patrician mouth.

I hope NBC gives her time to fix the problem before knocking her down a few pegs and sending off to be a field reporter in Iraq or something.

And if you WERE a high profile news anchor on the #1 rated evening news show in America wouldn't you or someone around you notice the problem and help you find a good speech therapist?

Has anyone else noticed this or has anyone heard more about what might have caused it?
Old 03-25-05, 02:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never noticed anything but then again I just tune in to the first 1 minute of the show and then turn it off.
Old 03-25-05, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
Turn your channel over to CBS and watch Bob Schieffer. He may not be young and attractive like those other anchors, but he's the best one on TV right now...he should have gotten the gig years ago. Too bad CBS will probably replace him with some GQ model before the year is out.
Old 03-25-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluesix
Has anyone else noticed this or has anyone heard more about what might have caused it?
She has always had it. I've never heard her speak where I didn't notice it. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Old 03-25-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 134 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by bluesix
And if you WERE a high profile news anchor on the #1 rated evening news show in America wouldn't you or someone around you notice the problem and help you find a good speech therapist?
After listening to marble-mouth Tom Brokaw for years the people at NBC probably don't even notice her.
Old 03-26-05, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to recall some scetches on SNL or something that made fun of her because of this. Her or some other new anchor...