Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DDD Sales/Bargains - changes every few days (check back often!)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 03-23-05, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but I think so. At DDD, they're currently offering the Collector Sets of Dirty Dozen, Twister, and Casablanca for 31.00 a piece. Usually they're 76 or up. I think they may be clearing them out. They did have The Exorcist the other day for 31, when at Amazon it is 196 and up used, and is OOP. I guess it has been snatched up since then though.

For anyone else:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/studi...mainStudioid=1
Old 03-23-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, anyone have opinions on these?
Looks like Casablance has the old dvd, does Twister?
Old 03-23-05, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't that the only Twister DVD?
Anyway, all these sets are 6-7 years old, so they're all old DVDs. Not worth it, IMHO, but still good prices with nice stuff included.
Old 03-23-05, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Twister one is really nice! It has the Special Edition dvd which has the DTS track on it which is the latest version available. I love the set!

Last edited by Big Worms; 03-23-05 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-23-05, 09:28 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
they are available at other stores for between 40 and 50 without coupons. Good if you want them
Old 03-24-05, 11:49 AM

Well I called DDD today about my order and they said it was OOS. I tole the sales rep that my order went through but no dice. Damn! I hope someone else has better luck.
Old 03-24-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like DDD cut the price to $19.99 for the sets.
Old 03-24-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hey, for that price i couldn't resist. ordered dirty dozen, twister, casablanca. thanks lasermovies for the update. the sets are outstanding for that price.
Old 03-24-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I couldn't pass either- Picked up Dirty Dozen last night @ the 31 price and then twister and casablanca right now. Called and got Dirty Dozen price adjusted. Thanks OP! What other movies have had these sets? I'd love to get my mom the GWTW set.
Old 03-24-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xfilekr
I couldn't pass either- Picked up Dirty Dozen last night @ the 31 price and then twister and casablanca right now. Called and got Dirty Dozen price adjusted. Thanks OP! What other movies have had these sets? I'd love to get my mom the GWTW set.
i got the perfect storm and time machine too.
here's a link to the other titles:

http://www.cdaentertainment.com/indexUK/
Old 03-24-05, 01:10 PM

Went ahead and picked up the Twister set. Thanks for the update! Not a bad price at all...
Old 03-24-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thinking about the Casablanca collector's, but I am not sure it's worth it. I can't really tell if it is a better or worse version than the special edition, just considering the dvd's and extras. Not sure I really need all the extra fluff, especially if the extras on the dvd aren't as good.
Old 03-24-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by msdmoney
Thinking about the Casablanca collector's, but I am not sure it's worth it. I can't really tell if it is a better or worse version than the special edition, just considering the dvd's and extras. Not sure I really need all the extra fluff, especially if the extras on the dvd aren't as good.
I'm pretty sure that it's the old non SE version.
Old 03-24-05, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by msdmoney
Personally, I'd stick with the SE... That's the old version in the collector's box. The SE has a better transfer, the Ebert commentary and the other cool extras. Unless you really want the fluff.
Old 03-24-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really want the Twister one, but I already own the disc itself ..thinking about it ..

picked up The Dirty Dozen one ...haven't picked up this film yet and I've wanted it for a while....not big on these "special" type things ..but I guess it's pretty neat...
Old 03-24-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
I really want the Twister one, but I already own the disc itself ..thinking about it ..

picked up The Dirty Dozen one ...haven't picked up this film yet and I've wanted it for a while....not big on these "special" type things ..but I guess it's pretty neat...
get it and sell the sealed copy (of twister) to recoup some of the cost. thats what i'm going to do.
Old 03-24-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Twister is really the only one worth it, as Casablanca has a much better DVD out + Dirty Dozen is being released in a keep case in May. If the keep case for DD doesn't mean too much to you though, go ahead and order.
Old 03-24-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by natevines
Twister is really the only one worth it, as Casablanca has a much better DVD out + Dirty Dozen is being released in a keep case in May. If the keep case for DD doesn't mean too much to you though, go ahead and order.

is that the only difference? the keep case? i looked up the new release of dirty dozen on amazon but the details and specs are pretty sketchy.
Old 03-24-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dollfins1
get it and sell the sealed copy (of twister) to recoup some of the cost. thats what i'm going to do.
I hate selling stuff.. I cannot be bothered ... I can't even be bothered to bring stuff to blockbuster during their last thingy for 8$ per trade in or whatever it was ... I have like 30 discs that I've upgraded to better editions for / etc just sitting because I'm too lazy to sell them, ebay em, or bring em to blockbuster..it's pathetic..

(edit) blah .. I have no self control .. I picked up the twister one too...
Old 03-24-05, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dollfins1
is that the only difference? the keep case? i looked up the new release of dirty dozen on amazon but the details and specs are pretty sketchy.
apparently the only diff will be the keepcase instead of the snapper ..but from what I can tell (someone correct me if i'm wrong), the case itself is housed inside the whole box ..so unless you open it you won't even know what kind of case it's in ..I think there was a thread someplace where someone said it was just a re-release in a keepcase because it's going to be included in the new war box set something another
Old 03-25-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The twister set seems nice, but I already have the disc and I need to save some cash....just say no....yes...no
Old 03-25-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

dirty dozen is gone..they completely removed it... it's even blank in my order history but i'm sure it'll get sent ..or cancelled ...they still have twister for 19.99 though..
Old 03-25-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
dirty dozen is gone..they completely removed it... it's even blank in my order history but i'm sure it'll get sent ..or cancelled ...they still have twister for 19.99 though..
got my shipping notice today, but as you say dd as well as casablanca is blanca in the order history.
Old 03-26-05, 11:29 AM
Banned

by the looks of how many have looked at this thread, they pry thought it was the twice a year 20% off sale, thats why I looked at it, lol
Old 03-26-05, 12:16 PM
Suspended

I'm hoping it will still be there in the 20% off sale.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.