Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. -- Season 3 Ordered by Fox

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The O.C. -- Season 3 Ordered by Fox

Fox has officially ordered a thrid season for FOX...

FOX ORDERS THIRD SEASON OF "THE O.C."
Released by FOX

FOX ORDERS THIRD SEASON OF "THE O.C."

Series Pulls FOX's Best Thursday Numbers in More Than Five Years

FOX has ordered a third season of THE O.C., it was announced today by Gail Berman, President, Entertainment for the Fox Broadcasting Company.

"We're pleased to give THE O.C. a very early pickup for its third season," said Berman. "The show has performed exceptionally well, achieving hit status on a highly competitive night and giving us a solid anchor on Thursdays for the first time in years."

In its Thursday time period, THE O.C. has scored impressive ratings - ranking No. 1 in Adults 18-34 and Teens. In fact, the show's outstanding performance on Thursday nights has asserted FOX as a key player on the night while pulling FOX's best Thursday numbers in more than five years. Additionally, THE O.C. has improved across the board compared to Thursday's time period average last season, building by +72% in Adults 18-49, +111% in Adults 18-34 and +86% in Teens.

THE O.C. recently wrapped production of "The Return of the Nana" episode in Miami Beach, FL. Guest-starring Linda Lavin, Jaime King and Atlantic recording artist T.I., the episode will air Thursday, April 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Sandy (Peter Gallagher), Seth (Adam Brody) and Ryan (Ben McKenzie) travel to South Beach to visit the Nana (Linda Lavin), who is living at Leisure World. While playing shuffleboard at Leisure World, Seth and Ryan meet Mary-Sue (Jaime King), who helps Seth get center stage on "Music Video Nation's" Spring Break 2005 television show hosted by Swerve (Bret Harrison) and Pixie, star of "Sherman Oaks: The Real Valley." T.I. performs his hit single "Bring 'Em Out" in the episode. While shooting in Miami Beach, THE O.C. filmed at the world-renowned Fontainebleau Hilton Resort, among other locations.

THE O.C. airs Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television Production Inc., THE O.C. is executive-produced by Josh Schwartz, McG and Bob DeLaurentis. The series stars Peter Gallagher (Sandy Cohen), Kelly Rowan (Kirsten Cohen), Ben McKenzie (Ryan Atwood), Adam Brody (Seth Cohen), Mischa Barton (Marissa Cooper), Melinda Clarke (Julie Cooper), Rachel Bilson (Summer Roberts) and Alan Dale (Caleb Nichol).
Old 03-22-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is this season their junior year or senior year in high school?
Old 03-22-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this is good news!
Old 03-23-05, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Like anyone expected them not torenew the show.

I'm rewatching season 1 on DVD and it states somewhere in there that they are Juniors. Making season 2 their senior year. Not sure what they'll do after that.
Old 03-23-05, 02:32 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Like anyone expected them not torenew the show.

I'm rewatching season 1 on DVD and it states somewhere in there that they are Juniors. Making season 2 their senior year. Not sure what they'll do after that.
I'm guessing that Newport University will inexplicably appear for the new season (ala Sunnydale U. in Buffy).

Disclaimer: I know jackshit about CA, especially Newport Beach, so if a college actually exists there don't blast me please.
Old 03-23-05, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I'm guessing that Newport University will inexplicably appear for the new season (ala Sunnydale U. in Buffy).

Disclaimer: I know jackshit about CA, especially Newport Beach, so if a college actually exists there don't blast me please.
The shows ratings are high enough that normal LA colleges (UCI, UCLA, UCSD, USC) should be fighting tooth & nail over their school being called the official college of the O.C. That would be like the biggest draw to the exact demo they are trying to advertise to.
Old 03-23-05, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The shows ratings are high enough that normal LA colleges (UCI, UCLA, UCSD, USC) should be fighting tooth & nail over their school being called the official college of the O.C. That would be like the biggest draw to the exact demo they are trying to advertise to.
90210 had good ratings and they still only went to the generic C.U. (California University).

They need more fighting next season - and not the verbal kind.
Old 03-23-05, 08:44 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
The O.C. The College Years...Uh-oh.
Old 03-23-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe they should have started them out as freshman like most teen dramas out there. But no matter what the show is going to do, (even if it becomes the garbage that was SBTB:TCY) its major fan base wouldn't budge an inch.
Old 03-23-05, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
They want to draw women and non-straight men? ( http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411911)

Even SBTB:TCY, though filmed at 'SC, used a generic name. I mean, wherever they go to college you know there's going to be at least some drunkenness and fistfights, and while that may appeal to the demographic Fox is going for, I'm not sure that's the same demo that the big colleges want.

(I was going to say I can't remember any shows where they went to real colleges, but Rory from Gilmore Girls goes to Yale. Wait, I watch Gilmore Girls too? Need to check the straight meter...)
Old 03-23-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
(I was going to say I can't remember any shows where they went to real colleges, but Rory from Gilmore Girls goes to Yale. Wait, I watch Gilmore Girls too? Need to check the straight meter...)
Don't worry when the other post about made up colleges came up I thought about rory and Yale, too.

In The Cosby Show Sandra goes to Yale, Theo goes to NYU. Too lazy to think of more.
Old 03-23-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't worry when the other post about made up colleges came up I thought about rory and Yale, too.

In The Cosby Show Sandra goes to Yale, Theo goes to NYU. Too lazy to think of more.
but did the Cosby show actually film part of the show from the "campus?" I'm sure there are more, but Gilmore Girls is the only one I remember where part of the show actually takes place on (a set that simulates) a real college campus.

Watch this thread turn into trivia, now.
Old 03-23-05, 03:50 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Considering I can't recall any talk of colleges, SAT, etc on the OC, I imagine they'll retcon them to being juniors this year. It seems to me that most teen shows start with the characters in their sophomore year and then retcon them back a year if the show ends up being really successful.
Old 03-23-05, 06:01 PM

In the first few episode they talk about how that they are 17-years-old and in their junior year of high school, but I know for a fact that they will still be in High School next year. Like in 90210 they started as juniors, but they were in high school for three seasons. And in the college case I am almost positive that they will make their own college because the only college around New Port are UCI and a few CSU, and with the "prestige" that the Harbor School has, those college would be a waste of time for the characters...
Old 03-23-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Season 3! Wow, the gay community will be thrilled to hear this!
Old 03-23-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by critterdvd
In the first few episode they talk about how that they are 17-years-old and in their junior year of high school, but I know for a fact that they will still be in High School next year. Like in 90210 they started as juniors, but they were in high school for three seasons. And in the college case I am almost positive that they will make their own college because the only college around New Port are UCI and a few CSU, and with the "prestige" that the Harbor School has, those college would be a waste of time for the characters...
Considering the characters never go to class nor do they study, they'll be lucky to get into CSU. I guess they can all be held back a year, to keep them in HS.

By the way, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough whether anyone on this board went to UCI from that crack above...

USC's not so far from Newport. I commuted every day from LA to OC last year, and since they never get stuck in traffic (unless you're Sandy and they somehow close the only road home) the commute should be a cinch! I mean, Stars Hollow and Yale aren't that close, right?
Old 03-23-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[minihijack]Theo did have scenes in class or whatnot at NYU, don't think Sandra ever was seen at Princeton[/minihijack]

Just finished season 1 on DVD. It ended pretty weak, but for a good 10-15 episodes I really enjoyed it. Wish I could catch the begining of this season again. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD.