DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Monty Python's Graham Chapman: Looks Like A Brown Trouser Job 04.26.05

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Monty Python's Graham Chapman: Looks Like A Brown Trouser Job 04.26.05

From Davis DVD

Coming on April 26th from Rykodisc is Monty Python's Graham Chapman: Looks Like A Brown Trouser Job. This disc presents footage from Chapman's final "comedy lecture" college tour before his death in 1989. Videotaped under Graham's supervision, and taken from his personal archives, the release also includes outtakes, audio-only Q&A sessions, British TV commercials never shown in the US and the Iron Maiden video for "Can I Play With Madness" starring Chapman. Retail is $19.95.
Old 03-20-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Wow! Never heard of this one.

BTW, for those interested in other less known "Python-esque" material, my son and I literally just finished watching "The Strange Case of the End of Civilization as We Know It" as written and performed primarily by John Cleese. It's very throwback to the early '70s (when it was made), and a very funny if uneven (and inexpensively done) satire on Sherlock Holmes. the quality of the DVD is not the greatest, but the laughs are there. Cleese is his usual funny self, and Arthur Lowe as Dr. Watson is a riot.
Old 03-21-05, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have never seen this one either...but must admit I am not a die hard pyton fan. I like cleese though, so i may check that one out.
Old 03-21-05, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
BTW, for those interested in other less known "Python-esque" material, my son and I literally just finished watching "The Strange Case of the End of Civilization as We Know It" as written and performed primarily by John Cleese. It's very throwback to the early '70s (when it was made), and a very funny if uneven (and inexpensively done) satire on Sherlock Holmes. the quality of the DVD is not the greatest, but the laughs are there. Cleese is his usual funny self, and Arthur Lowe as Dr. Watson is a riot.
If you enjoyed that, you may also want to check out ROMANCE WITH A DOUBLE BASS, starring Cleese and Connie Booth (made around the same time period). I believe the same company that put out "Strange Case..." also released this on DVD.
Old 03-22-05, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
If you enjoyed that, you may also want to check out ROMANCE WITH A DOUBLE BASS, starring Cleese and Connie Booth (made around the same time period). I believe the same company that put out "Strange Case..." also released this on DVD.
I have heard about that, but haven't gotten around to getting a copy to screen yet.
Old 05-01-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Josh Sinnott review at DVD TALK