TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica: 3/18/05

Old 03-18-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Battlestar Galactica: 3/18/05

Spoiler:
Baltar is V.P.!!!

Katiebuck in a dress and all made up at the end!

Never thought I would say this about this series, but cute episode overall.

Nice little bit at the end with the guy on Caprica realizing the truth about Boomer.

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 03-18-05 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-18-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is one of my favorite episodes of the season. It's probably because of all the politics in this one.
Old 03-18-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked the "Silent Running" style garden. I half expected to see a robotic dog tending to some flowers.
Old 03-18-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
... Katiebuck in a dress and all made up at the end! ...
I'd much rather see Boomer in a dress... or in nothing at all for that matter. Just a matter of preference.

It was an interesting episode, can't wait to see the 2 hour season finale.

Any news on if the original miniseries will be reshown? I missed the first half of that when it was on the first time.
Old 03-18-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Katiebuck sure cleans up nice! I think you got a brief glimpse of Boomer dancing with Gaeta at the end. He sure looked happy.
Old 03-18-05, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where the frack is Muffit!!! I want the robot dog with the twirling ears and the "pa-pa-pa" sounds!!! They must have blown Boxy out an airlock since he has only been in 1-2 episodes as a cameo role.

Otherwise, i like the new series.
Old 03-18-05, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
An okay episode - a bit too much politics. I can't really buy the political scene right after billions of lives were lost. But good to see that Helo finally is figuring things out.
Old 03-19-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Another great episode. Really starting to love this series....too bad its on Friday nights and will ultimately go where most Friday night TV shows go.
Old 03-19-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was that reporter who had the hots for Baltar Cynthia Nixon (the redhead from Sex and the City)?
Old 03-19-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Heat
Was that reporter who had the hots for Baltar Cynthia Nixon (the redhead from Sex and the City)?
Reminds me of her too, but no.
Old 03-19-05, 08:20 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
An okay episode - a bit too much politics. I can't really buy the political scene right after billions of lives were lost. But good to see that Helo finally is figuring things out.

i agree, way too much politics.
Old 03-19-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great episode.
Old 03-19-05, 10:58 AM

Good vs. Evil fans - did you see that Jonas Pate directed this one?
Old 03-19-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
Hell, I'm shocked it took this long for the political fights to begin. Any time you've got more than 2 humans left alive, there's going to be politics.
Old 03-19-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
Any news on if the original miniseries will be reshown? I missed the first half of that when it was on the first time.
It's on DVD and well worth buying.

Another great episode! Baltar as vice president...
Old 03-19-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked tinights episode. I liked the cloud 9 ship. Next weeks reminded me of the star wars episode 3 trailer. With all the battles in space. cant wait
Old 03-19-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

why didn't anyone question why baltar raised his hand to second the nomination?
Old 03-19-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Setzer
Another great episode. Really starting to love this series....too bad its on Friday nights and will ultimately go where most Friday night TV shows go.
Uh...it's currently Sci-Fi's most watched show, I doubt they have need to cancel it now. Besides, the Stargate series has prospered on Friday nights and in all honesty, I don't think the other networks are that concerned with getting the crowd that spends Friday nights watching Sci-Fi channel anyway.

Now if the show were on a Saturday night, then it would most definitely be in trouble as nothing does well on that evening anymore.
Old 03-19-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cartload
Katiebuck sure cleans up nice!
I just finished listening to the podcast and according to the writer, he wrote that scene and that line as an afterthought. interesting.

he also mentions that season 2's

Spoiler:
first two episodes will be a two parter
Old 03-19-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I have trouble with the political situation as well. If this happened in the US, look what happen with 4 planes, we would be in a state of extreme emergency and the current government would be locked into position until they decided the crisis is over. Too bad their president and millitary leader are both extreme bleeding hearts.

So glad Helo is figuring it out, too bad his Cylon seems to be rebeling agaist her own. I am now REALLY interested in the Capricia story line more than the fleet's story.
Old 03-20-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I wouldn't really classify the president or the military leaders as bleeding hearts. The president did order that cylon to be flushed out the airlock. Adama and Tigh didn't want Zarek to be involved in politics and approved Starbuck to torture the cylon.

Aside from political situation, how about the press situation? Something like "Wireless News" and all those interviews with the President? Come on.
Old 03-20-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
I wouldn't really classify the president or the military leaders as bleeding hearts. The president did order that cylon to be flushed out the airlock. Adama and Tigh didn't want Zarek to be involved in politics and approved Starbuck to torture the cylon.

Aside from political situation, how about the press situation? Something like "Wireless News" and all those interviews with the President? Come on.

I am fairly liberal, and I really find Adama and the Pres to be too much of bleeding hearts in their situation. Adama's father was a Civil Lib attorney, and you can tell. The Pres was a teacher (and the wife of a polotician?) and has been more conservative than Adama. But I have a hard time buying that either or both of these 2 people would not be so liberal, especially when they have detected and caught at least 3 Cylon/humans in the fleet.

And the open press is a bit much as well.
Old 03-20-05, 11:01 PM

Sorry for the late post had alot to do here are my thoughts on this episode at the start Zarek had a point in regards to the difference between rich and poor and that the human race should move in a different direction and what was Cmdr. Adama and Pres. Roslin response during the episode was? Maintaing the status quo still judging Zarek for his sins go figure. Can some one explain to me on why Ron Moore put Ellen Tigh on this show? Sure she comes off as a self-serving oppturnist who is out for her own interest other than that I consider her dead weight.

Now we move on to the mistakes made during the show did anyone notice that during the scuffle with the assasin the silencer was missing when starbuck picked it up and when the assasin is getting interogated Lee points the same weapon at him with the silencer attached!

Meanwhile back on Caprica Helo finally puts two and two together and finds out that Boomer 2.0 is a cylon his reaction will be very interesting for certain.

I also noticed Baltar's hand me down suit that red tie was awful he came off to me as a fashion victim and I wouldn't want to buy a used car from him. His little speech about values rubbed me the wrong way as well talk about playing to the crowd Courage,Truth, Justice strange talk coming forme someone who brought about the downfall of the colonies and murdered billions of people and this mass murderer has the gall to turn around and condemn Tom Zarnek for his terrorist past talk about a hyprocrite.

One of my favorite scenes occured on cloud nine where Pres. Roslin tells Wallace Grey that she was dumping him and she was going to ask Baltar to accept the VP. position I for one believe that mister Grey didn't take the news very well and called her a backstabber and walked away I think she made a political enemy right then and there and I believe we have not seen the last of mister Grey.
Old 03-21-05, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Uh...it's currently Sci-Fi's most watched show, I doubt they have need to cancel it now.
Especially since they already renewed it for a second season and 7 more episodes to boot. Friday nights have been very good to Sci-Fi, even if they haven't been to other networks.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I love how fleshed out the series is becoming, they aren't just focusing on "fleeing the Cylon tyrany". They actually have to build a community in space and all that comes with it.
Old 03-21-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
I am fairly liberal, and I really find Adama and the Pres to be too much of bleeding hearts in their situation. Adama's father was a Civil Lib attorney, and you can tell. The Pres was a teacher (and the wife of a polotician?) and has been more conservative than Adama. But I have a hard time buying that either or both of these 2 people would not be so liberal, especially when they have detected and caught at least 3 Cylon/humans in the fleet.

And the open press is a bit much as well.
I am surprised that they let Baltar be the VP and they trust his word as to who is a cylon and who isn't. I mean they already think he is nuts, but they trust him without question at the same time they question each other.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.