Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars Soundtrack DVD's 05.03.05 NEw John Williams Videos!!!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-05, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the bits

In other DVD news today, Sony Music has announced that the soundtrack CD for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will street on 5/3. So why is this DVD news? Well, as it turns out, the CD will include a bonus DVD-Video disc that will feature a 70-minute presentation of some 16 newly-created music videos of composer John Williams' signature themes from all 6 Star Wars films (set to footage from the films) that takes viewers chronologically through the entire saga. Each will be introduced by actor Ian McDiarmid (Senator Palpatine) and will feature the music along with dialogue and sound effects excerpts in full Dolby Digital 5.1 surround. The package will also include a booklet with liner notes by George Lucas and a poster. Frankly, I'm as excited to hear this music as I am to see the film.

footage from Episode 3...

Hope this comes in a keep case and not a jewel case.
Old 03-17-05, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

also found this in the star wars thread in movies special thanks to Kal-El for providing the article, and Eplicon for the track listing.

NEW YORK, March 15 /PRNewswire/ -- On Tuesday, May 3, 2005, Sony Classical will release the original motion picture soundtrack of the last episode of the massively popular Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
It features a new score by five-time Oscar winner John Williams, who is also the composer and conductor of the score for each film in the six-chapter Star Wars saga, and an exclusive collector's DVD -- Star Wars: A Musical Journey -- an unprecedented bonus at no additional cost.

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, written and directed by George Lucas, is the most anticipated movie of the year and opens worldwide on Thursday, May 19, 2005.

Created especially to accompany the CD release, the thrilling 70-minute DVD features 16 brand-new music videos set to selections from all six of John Williams' unforgettable Star Wars film scores and has been designed around a timeline that will take the viewer chronologically through the entire saga.
Each movement is introduced by actor Ian McDiarmid (who plays Senator Palpatine in the films) and features a spectacular montage of images, complete with excerpts of the original dialogue and sound effects, set to Williams' legendary music which has been newly remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound. Williams' principal theme from the new score, entitled "Battle of the Heroes," will be featured in a music video created by Lucasfilm.

The soundtrack packaging will also include liner notes from George Lucas plus an exclusive fold-out poster featuring a montage of images from the film.

In Revenge of the Sith, the final and most dramatic chapter of the Star Wars saga, the Clone Wars rage as the rift widens between Chancellor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) and the Jedi Council. Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen), the young Jedi Knight with an allegiance to Chancellor Palpatine, struggles to keep his marriage to Padme' Amidala (Natalie Portman) a secret amid the turmoil. Seduced by promises of power and temptations of the dark side, he pledges himself to the evil Darth Sidious and becomes Darth Vader. Together, Sidious and Vader set in motion a plot of revenge against the Jedi, leading to a climatic lightsaber battle between Vader and his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor), that will decide the fate of the galaxy.

With 43 Oscar nominations to his credit, Williams has composed a new score for the film, utilizing the themes and musical motives that link it with his earlier scores for the Star Wars films. The London Symphony Orchestra (L.S.O), with the composer conducting, performs the original score. The L.S.O. is the same orchestra that recorded Williams' original Star Wars score 28 years ago and has continued to perform the score for each successive chapter of the saga.

In 1999, Sony Classical released the Grammy-nominated original soundtrack recording of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace(TM), which was a platinum-selling album in the U.S. and sold more than two million copies worldwide, in addition to a specially packaged Ultimate Edition that featured Williams' entire score for that film. In 2002, the label released the original soundtrack recording of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones(TM). Both are currently available.

In September 2004, Sony Classical became the home of all the Star Wars soundtracks with the release of newly remastered editions of the soundtrack recordings of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope(TM), Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back(TM) and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi(TM). The recordings are available individually and in a special boxed set with a deluxe slipcover case.

The Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith soundtrack also continues Sony Classical's long association with John Williams, who has recorded a number of non-film projects for the label. Williams won the third of his five Academy Awards for his score for the original Star Wars (1977) and received nominations for his scores for The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983). The soundtrack albums for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back also won Grammy(R) Awards for Williams in 1977 and 1980, and he was a nominee for Return of the Jedi in 1983 and Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 2000.

Information about the original motion picture soundtrack of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is featured at http://starwars.sonyclassical.com. Sony Classical is the trademark of Sony Corporation. All rights reserved.

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith are trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.

Track Listing for the CD
Spoiler:

1. Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith Medley
2. Star Wars Album Version
3. The Revenge Of The Sith
4. Anakin's Betrayal
5. Battle Of The Heroes
6. Anakin's Dream
7. The Reunion Of Anakin And Padme
8. Welcome, Lord Vader
9. Padme's Ruminations
10. Grevious Travels To Palpatine
11. I Am The Senate
12. General Grevious
13. Palpatine's Dark Teachings
14. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
15. Anakin's Dark Deeds
16. The Immolation Scene
17. The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny Medley
18. The Birth Of The Twins Album Version
19. Padme's Destiny Album Version
20. A New Hope and End Credits Medley
21. A New Hope Album Version
22. End Credits

Last edited by Cameron; 03-17-05 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-17-05, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may want to spoilerize the track listing, as it gives some of the events of the movie away.
Old 03-17-05, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

just for your
Old 03-17-05, 08:20 AM
Banned

The track listing is FAKE.
Old 03-17-05, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Saw this announced and immediately added it to my want list. Let the countdown begin!
Old 03-17-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

complete with excerpts of the original dialogue and sound effects
Noooooo! I was hoping for the music alone, not throwaway one-liners, beeps, mechanical breathing, okey-days, yub-yubs, wookie growls, bo-shudas, laser blasts and explosions. Well, Meco did it and fans loved it.

Great news about the music videos though.
Old 03-17-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
From the bits

Frankly, I'm as excited to hear this music as I am to see the film.
WOW! Same here! One of the things I love about the series is the great John Williams score. I own all of the Soundtracks and pop them in while cleaning and such. This will be even better! Great news!
Old 03-17-05, 11:24 AM

The track listing is FAKE.
[sarcasm]So is that title... I mean, REVENGE OF THE SITH... Give me a BREAK! There is no way that's the title of the film despite the fact that there have been 2 trailers, a poster, shirts, mugs, toys, commercials, books, etc. that confirm the title, I'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT![/sarcasm]

:rolleyes
Old 03-17-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They forgot to include the hidden track:

23. Anakin goes apeshit
Old 03-17-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's amazing that no SW soundtrack is on SACD, yet. Probably never will be since they are idiots. They'd sell like hotcakes to us SW OT freaks that finally have cash to double-dip all this crap. Again.
Old 03-17-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
DVD contents, according to the same site that initially leaked the CD info. They also updated it somewhat, removing the redundant "album version" titles.

http://iesb.net/movies2/movie031405.php

Chapter 1: A Long Time Ago
"Star Wars Main Title" from all films

Chapter 2: Dark Forces Conspire
"Duel Of The Fates" from Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace

Chapter 3: A Hero Rises
"Anakin's Theme" from Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace

Chapter 4: A Fateful Love
"Across The Stars" from Episode 2: Attack Of The Clones

Chapter 5: A Hero Falls
from Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Chapter 6: An Empire Is Forged
"The Imperial march" from Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Chapter 7: A Planet That Is Farthest From
"The Dune Sea of Tatooine / Jawa Sandcrawler" from Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 8: An Unlikely Alliance
"Binary Sunset / Cantina Band" Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 9: A Defender Emerges
"Princess Leia's Theme" Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 10: A Daring Rescue
"Ben's Death / Tie Fighter Attack" Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 11: A Jedi Is Trained
"Yoda's Theme" from Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Chapter 12: A Narrow Escape
"The Asteroid Field" from Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Chapter 13: A Bond Unbroken
"Luke and Leia" from Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Chapter 14: A Sanctuary Moon
"The Forest Battle" from Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Chapter 15: A Life Redeemed
"Light Of The Force" from Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Chapter 16: A New Day Dawns
"Throne Room / Finale" from Episode 4: A New Hope

Soundtrack comes with a exclusive fold-out poster featuring a montage of
images from the film.

The Bonus DVD contians over 70 minutes of footage and score.

Hyperspace subscribers will have the first listen to a track from the
Soundtrack.

A promotional copy of the soundtrack will be included in the Revenge of
the Sith video game booklet.

iTunes will have a exclusive world premiere first listens.

Retail is $18.98
Old 03-17-05, 02:08 PM

I wonder if the DVD will be anamorphic??? PLEASE do this right and make it anamorphic!
Old 03-17-05, 02:21 PM
Banned

I'm more excited over the DVD than I am the soundtrack

Just praying they don't kill the score for the CD like they have the last 2 movies.
Old 03-17-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Just praying they don't kill the score for the CD like they have the last 2 movies.
Now, now...while I agree that Lucas BUTCHERED the score for Attack Of the Clones [glad to see i'm not the only one that thought this, btw..when I told my girlfriend, she looked at me as if I was crazy and no one else cared ], the score for the Phantom Menace wasn't that bad. "Duel Of the Fates" still, IMHO, kicks ass.

I agree that the DVD should kick much ass. Glad to see that they put "the Asteriod Field" on there. That's one of my favorite Williams Star Wars compositions.
Old 03-17-05, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Spiky
It's amazing that no SW soundtrack is on SACD, yet. Probably never will be since they are idiots. They'd sell like hotcakes to us SW OT freaks that finally have cash to double-dip all this crap. Again.
Double Dipping is the key. Lucas will do the SACD adn DVD as soon as he is certain we have all bought the current version. He basically did the same thing with the DVDs. We might as well call them Star Wars 1.0, Star Wars 2.0, Star Wars 3.0.
Old 03-18-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

does anyone have the link to the thread about the exclusive dvd that comes with the toy lightsaber...i think it has clone wars cartoons and a feature on the lightsaber.
Old 03-18-05, 12:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cameron
does anyone have the link to the thread about the exclusive dvd that comes with the toy lightsaber...i think it has clone wars cartoons and a feature on the lightsaber.
that was my thread

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=star+wars
Old 03-18-05, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thank you