Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

saw Motley Crue last night,it kicked ass!!!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-15-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you get the chance too see them in concert on the new tour. Don't miss it!!

I was at last nights Target Center show in MN and it was truely one of the best concerts I have ever been too!!

It was a loud energetic, orgy fun 2 1/2 hours of pure unadultered kick ass rock n roll.

The whole band seemed to be enjoying themselves and the atmosphere was just wild and as lively as can be.

The three dancers they had onstage were great eye candy,as well as extremely acrobatic if you catch my drift. Then add into the insane clips they had flashing onscreen between set ups and it all was just a adult fun time,that is definitely not for the kids(though yes some people brought their kids to the show and if your cool with it,thats fine).

They will be back on August 26th to play at our state fair,and if they do the same stage show set up as they did last night. I bet there will be many complaints from the more uptight senstive 'family values' crowd(yet the Fair sells alot of beer,so saying it is a 'safe' family event proves them hypocrites since it attracts many types of people,including immature gang bangers looking to cause a fight with rivals).
Old 03-15-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does this compare with the old arena tours?
Old 03-15-05, 10:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't say since I was like born in 1980,so was like umm to young too see them then I am sure it was a blast from the live video clips I have seen though

The crowd was a blast as well,which made it even more fun. That and plenty of girls proudly showed their tits when Tommy asked them to once he brought out his DV cam to broadcast on the screen. Good times indeed.
Old 03-16-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is mine from the other thread (this was for the Chicago show)...

Saw the show last night. Definitely a large production with tons of fire, bombs, dancers, etc etc. Pretty much the set list posted earlier except for Afraid and White...dope.

Had seats 3 rows- side- right at the left corner of the stage. The heat from the flames had me sweating right from the beginning.

Lee's drum solo was just a bad idea...really poor IMHO. Although at least he didn't fall off like one time when I saw them on the Feelgood tour. Mick looks like he is about 5 1/2 feet in but was able to play pretty well. Vince actually sang most of the lyrics and looks much better than in he has in recent years.Sixx was all over the place just having a blast.

All in all a lot of fun-great time ... they really put a lot into this show and came out better than I thought it was going to be.
Old 03-16-05, 08:46 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I remember seeing these guys back in the late 80's. They put on a hell of a show. Now if I'd went, people would be whispering "Hey, who let in the old man?"
Old 03-16-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my Tix for April 23rd !
Old 03-16-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I saw them in 90. Wasn't too impressed, but I am not a huge concert fan.
Old 03-16-05, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
They will be back on August 26th to play at our state fair

Old 03-24-05, 02:52 AM

saw the show last night in san diego and it was awsome.. it was an outdoor show and it was raining.. but the rain didn't stop the crue from rocking.. the show was supposed to start at 7:30.. but they didn't hit the stage till 8:30 an hour late.. did that happen when you guys went? best song of the night on with the show.. thats one of my favorate crue songs.. go see them if you get a chance
Old 03-24-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sergtv
saw the show last night in san diego and it was awsome.. it was an outdoor show and it was raining.. but the rain didn't stop the crue from rocking.. the show was supposed to start at 7:30.. but they didn't hit the stage till 8:30 an hour late.. did that happen when you guys went? best song of the night on with the show.. thats one of my favorate crue songs.. go see them if you get a chance
Yup...they started about 45 minutes later than the time on the ticket. I actually hate when bands do this.

On With The Show was definitely one of the best parts and they did a great job with it here in Chicago.
Old 03-24-05, 09:02 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
They will be back on August 26th to play at our state fair...
I saw them back in '98 which was their original reunion tour. I didn't feel the need to shell out the money to see another arena show, but I would go to the state fair show since it'll most likely be a fraction of the cost.
Old 03-24-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Flashback
Yup...they started about 45 minutes later than the time on the ticket. I actually hate when bands do this.

On With The Show was definitely one of the best parts and they did a great job with it here in Chicago.
Yeah that drives me insane...I rushed home from school and did 90 on the freeway just to get there at the ticket time...and they played 1 hour "late." Why no opening band!? That's what I expected...Oh, and what a dumb intermission!! Too much waiting, Motley Crue!

If you guys are on the verge of going, I suggest you checking out their amphitheater shows in summer. They are playing the exact same cities, and I guarantee a lawn ticket will be cheaper than any arena seat.
Old 03-24-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I saw them back in '98 which was their original reunion tour. I didn't feel the need to shell out the money to see another arena show, but I would go to the state fair show since it'll most likely be a fraction of the cost.
Ticket prices are a bit steep but this show is nothing like what the '98 show was. Not even close.