NEW Disney buy 3 get 1 by mail

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 03-14-05, 05:15 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I got a brochure in the mail from disney buy 3 disney dvd's between march 20 2005 and may 31 2005 and get 1 free. They added a new rule that each dvd must be at least 14.99 in price. Shipping now 3.95. MUst have this certificate probably will be in retailers soon.
some good freebies like brother bear special edition, treasure planet, cheetah girls, haunted mansion, remember the titans, aristocrats, sing along songs: the lion king, rolie polie olie, winnie the pooh springtime with roo.
Old 03-14-05, 10:32 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miyazaki DVDs also have a promotion - buy all 3 of second wave get 1 of first wave DVDs free. I wonder if the two offers are combinable, since Miyazaki DVDs have the Disney DVD logos on them (I believe).

Looks like Disney intentionally makes the promotion start after the major releases - Bambi and Incredibles so that you can't take advantage of the first week's sale prices.

Hopefully, retailers will have the mail-in certificates posted on their display (like the previous offers).
Old 03-14-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by eau
Looks like Disney intentionally makes the promotion start after the major releases - Bambi and Incredibles so that you can't take advantage of the first week's sale .
There's no reason to do that. Disney doesn't lose anything when Best Buy sells below their cost.
Old 03-14-05, 11:34 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
it says you only need a photocopy of your receipt so I was gonna do the Miyazaki deal too
Old 03-15-05, 09:39 AM

I got this offer and discarded it because (as usual) Disney never offers any choices for the free selections that I want or don't have and they charge $3.95 S&H. Last time I was eligible for a B3G1F Disney offer, I ignored it too for the same reason.

Pocahontas SE comes out after the offer period starts, but that also means it's not considered a big release and therefore it'll probably be a challenge to find it for $15.99 at any store. My dilemma - buy it on release week for $15.99 and worry that 31 days later Costco will be dumping it for $11.99 or not buy it on release week and worry that nobody will sell it for under $19.99 for over a year and it'll go out of print?
Old 03-15-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
I got this offer and discarded it because (as usual) Disney never offers any choices for the free selections that I want or don't have and they charge $3.95 S&H. Last time I was eligible for a B3G1F Disney offer, I ignored it too for the same reason.

Pocahontas SE comes out after the offer period starts, but that also means it's not considered a big release and therefore it'll probably be a challenge to find it for $15.99 at any store. My dilemma - buy it on release week for $15.99 and worry that 31 days later Costco will be dumping it for $11.99 or not buy it on release week and worry that nobody will sell it for under $19.99 for over a year and it'll go out of print?
New solution for you. Wait till you can find 5 titles you want from the Disney Movie Club then order it from there. Your movies will average out to around $11 each. Problem solved and you don't have to post about how the Disney DVD Gods are out to get you anymore.
Old 03-15-05, 11:49 AM

I got the same certificate as well as coupons for purchase at any participating retailer:

$5 off any two titles $14.99 and higher
$10 off any three titles $14.99 and higher
Old 03-15-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
The last offer that ended in 12/04 offered School House Rock for $1.99 S&H. I just sold it on ebay 2 weeks ago for $20.26 plus shipping.
Old 03-15-05, 10:22 PM

bmello, how did you know to pick Schoolhouse Rock? I would've sent in that offer if I had known it would sell for $20 on eBay. I didn't do it because I already have Schoolhouse Rock (bought for $10 at the Disney Store long ago) and everything else on the list that I wanted. Unfortunately I don't have time to monitor which DVDs are hot on eBay (nor do I know how to figure that out except by searching for each title I own).

I've owned numerous out of print DVDs that were worth $40-$100 on eBay (and I still have a few such as Blues Brothers, Fletch, and The Jerk), but on all but a couple by the time I found out about them a new edition had been announced and the price had dropped to normal. So I'm usually "too little, too late" when it comes to eBay. I probably should try selling Blues Brothers, Fletch, and The Jerk, but I don't want to sell them unless I get at least $25, and the insertion fees for that are expensive. I've had such bad luck selling on eBay that I typically wait for the very rare 10 cent insertion days to sell. I could tell many stories about my bad luck selling on eBay, but I will spare people.

---

Dabaomb, the Disney Club is an interesting idea which had slipped my mind. I assume you're saying wait until there are 5 titles I want for enrollments, re-join, and then I'd have to buy 5 more at full $19.99 price to average $11?

That's a little difficult for me because I like to buy the Disney Treasures immediately (I actually watch those ones right away), and besides those I only buy classic animated features and a handful of live-action movies that get a decent OAR special edition (lately they've been releasing so many of them as barebones pan & scan). I was curious, so I looked up the Disney titles I bought in 2004: Alice in Wonderland SE, 7 Disney Treasures, Walt: The Man Behind the Myth, Darby O'Gill, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, and Mulan. In 2005: Bambi and The Incredibles; in the near future: Pocahontas SE, Cinderella SE, and the next Disney Treasures. As you can see, finding 5 + 5 titles might take me a while, and as I recall The Disney Club is usually slow to get the Disney Treasures. It was a good idea, though. Thanks for suggesting it.
Old 03-16-05, 01:31 AM
Banned

i rather keep the upc on the box
Old 03-16-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SaigonaZn69
i rather keep the upc on the box
you do keep the UPC. You have to send in the Proof of Purchase tab directly above it (there are usually 2 or 4 but sometimes one like with Schoolhouse Rock)