Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Ebay cables?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-05, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay cables?

are these generally good cables or should i be looking elsewhere. i'm in the market for a 25' component cable and these are alot cheaper than retail.
Old 03-12-05, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't aware eBay was in the audio accessory manufacturing business. With all of the quality manufacturers out there I think you can do better. If budget is a consideration, I'd start at Parts Express. I'm sure others will have good recommendations too.
Old 03-12-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Hey

I've bought several cables off of E-Bay for me and some friends and haven't had any issue with the cables or service. I've used two differnt sellers but could only find this one which I highly recommend.

http://www.audiograveyard.com - Jason Dunbar

These are like stock over-runs, close outs. or last years model. What I got was the mid to upper end of the "AR" series. I still paid 35%-40% less than what Best Buy sells the low end blue AR cables. If anything always check the feedback and read what some have to say about the product. You can use me as a reference.

Kenny Jones
Nashville TN.
Old 03-12-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
See this thread on a similar discussion,

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...mponent+cables

I ended up getting 75ohm RG6 cables from HD. I measured carefully and only needed 25 ft, so HD has these cheap. Going to try them tonight or tomorrow before running in the attic.
Old 03-12-05, 05:35 PM

I have also purchased cables off ebay and have had no problems.

EBAY sellers can afford to sell items for much less than other retail business. They wholesale one or a few items, buy in quantity and get a good price. Then they can turn around and sell these items with a minimal mark up because they don't have employees or other overhead to deal with, these savings get passed on to the consumer. This is the case with most all of the ebay powersellers. If your curious about the product, message them and find the manufacturer, then google that name and review and you should find what otehrs think of it.
Old 03-12-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just bought a 25 ft. s-video/audio cable from ebay for less than $20 so I could run my dish feed to an auxilary TV. Great place to buy cables!
Old 03-13-05, 11:25 PM

i found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...758770529&rd=1

they seems to be manufactured by Python, but i can't find any reviews of them.

also found these:
Cable Showcase 25'. they look pretty thick and nicely made. anyone have experience with them?

Last edited by sureAV421; 03-14-05 at 12:19 AM.