Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Good program for printing my albums?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a good program (preferably freeware) that will print the album titles and/or artists or whatever I want printed from the ID3 tags?
Old 03-11-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The Godfather (that's really the name of the program) might be able to. What the program does is let you organize your files and do things like batch renames and ID3 copying and tagging.

To get a list of your files, select the "library" button, and it will let you pick the folder(s) you want to scan for files. You can then export the library into an HTML file that will be a listing of your files and the stats in the tags like artist, album, etc. in a table. Then, just open the file in your browser and print.

However, it's not very printer-friendly since the table (or at least the one I made) is too wide to fit on a sheet. The widths of the table columns are determined by the longest entry for each one, so if one is making it too wide you can shorten it to fit more info on the page. I would assume there could be a way to remove columns you don't want, but I don't know how. Also, it only lists the items that are tagged, so if you have files that are just named but not tagged, you will get blank entries in the fields. So, for example, if the "artist" field is blank, there will be a space for the file but nothing in the cell.
Old 03-11-05, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

I'll check it out.