DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Should I get the FREAKS AND GEEKS YEARBOOK EDITION

ziondog
03-10-05, 12:05 AM
I just recently got the Freaks and Geeks regular digipack set.
I like it so much I didn't stop watching it until it was finished.

I was wondering if the Yearbook Edition is worth the $$$$?
It's a really great series, and I'd love to have that collector's item.

I know there's 2 extra discs, are they really good?

Thanks for you people's help in advance.

Bookhouseboy
03-10-05, 10:54 AM
It's definitely the coolest DVD set I have, but it's hard to say if it's worth the extra bucks. There's a lot of great stuff on the two DVD's, and the Yearbook itself is just amazingly well done.

Freaks and Geeks is one of my favorite shows, and I'm going to buy the regular set, so that my Yearbook edition can stay in shape. :)

bboisvert
03-10-05, 02:24 PM
I was wondering if the Yearbook Edition is worth the $$$$?

That's a really tough question to answer... the Yearbook is (what?) $70-80 more or so? I don't think anyone can really say that some extras, commentary, and fancy packaging is really 'worth' that. You're paying a premium that is over and above what the actual value probably is.

The extra discs are great, although you really start to get oversaturated with extras pretty quickly. I have zero complaints, but this set really crosses the line into overkill land.

The packaging is probably the best I've ever seen for a DVD set. Really totally perfect.

I don't regret buying this in the least. It's one of my favorite shows. It's one of my favorite DVD sets. And, frankly, I appreciate the effort, love, and attention that clearly went into the set... the creator went out of the way to make sure that every last aspect of the set -- the show itself, the music, the extras, the packaging, the marketing -- went perfectly. I don't mind paying a premium for that. In fact, I'd really love it if some studios *cough*Universal*cough* would learn from this example.

So, after this long blabbering mess, I'm not sure if I even have an answer for you. :) Since you love the show, the Yearbook is something you're going to want... it's probably worth it if you're the type of person who really enjoys extras, commentary, etc. Just buy it and forget about the price tag. Stay in denial, that's what most of the rest of us did. :)

Eplicon
03-10-05, 02:47 PM
Even with the premium price, I felt it was worth getting. Aside from the fine supplement discs, the yearbook packaging in itself was very nicely done, with photos, behind the scenes info and signings done "in character." So if you really love the show, it makes for a nice souvenir.

ziondog
03-10-05, 02:53 PM
Thanks for all the great info.

Anyone interested in trading their Yearbook?
I have the Toy Story Toy Boy Set and many other Box Sets?

Please keep your recommendations coming!

Dalvin
03-11-05, 12:50 AM
If you have the Toy Box Unopened I would be very interested in obtaining that from you. Sadly, that's a pipe dream

ziondog
03-12-05, 08:18 PM
Dalvin, YGM, it's not sealed.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

ianholm
03-14-05, 11:32 AM
I think the yearbook itself is worth the $70!

ziondog
03-14-05, 12:30 PM
Isn't the Yearbook worth $120?

Whatcha mean by $70?

MasterCXtreme
03-14-05, 02:43 PM
$70 extra... and yeah... it's worth it. Buy it, you'll be happy you did.

ziondog
03-15-05, 10:25 AM
I see :D

I'll probably end up getting it then. I'd prefer off a member here though.

Anyone interested in Band of Brothers + The Incredibles Limited Tin Set for Freaks and Geeks Yearbook?

gjamesm
01-30-07, 08:26 PM
FYI

The Yearbook is now out of print and sold out.

MasterCXtreme
01-30-07, 09:17 PM
FYI

The Yearbook is now out of print and sold out.
Wow... forgot it was limited. I remember thinking about picking up 5 or 6 so I could turn em around on ebay but that was 3 years ago... great set though.