Enterprise Finale *SPOILER ALERT*

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Enterprise Finale *SPOILER ALERT*

The rumor now is that:

Spoiler:
The final scene of the final show will reveal that the series was nothing but a holodeck story that Capt. Riker and Troi were checking out on their new starship. I would actually be okay with it if Riker was reading to a group of children from an actual history book or something similar...as long as the implication is that the events were what actually happened, rather than a holodeck interpretation of them...it's the difference between the first four seasons being "real" Star Trek history and "imagined" Star Trek history, if THAT makes any sense!

According to aintitcoolnews.com (okay, not exactly a source of rock-solid info), Jolene Blalock has referred to the final episode as "appalling".

Curious to get what other fans think...
Old 03-08-05, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Love it.

(but I'm not a fan)
Old 03-08-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted on AICN? It's gotta be true!
Old 03-08-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Old 03-08-05, 06:06 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
If that's true, I will travel to CA and kill everone responsible.
Old 03-08-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh please. Let it be true. Please, please, please. Please.
Old 03-08-05, 07:02 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It would be cool if thats true.
Old 03-08-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Isn't it funny how the token hot chick on the show is parroting the views of a legion of fanboys?

I've read the spoilers, and, if anyone is familiar with Mark Millar's "Wanted" comic book, the final shot should be a close-up of Brannon Braga screaming "This is my face while I'm fucking you in the ass!"

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 03-08-05 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-08-05, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Firstly, it makes sense that B&B would demand to write the final episode for themselves, unfortunately, making it almost certain that it would suck.

I think that the original rumor has been twisted somewhat, however:
Spoiler:
Supposedly, it's only the final episode itself that turns out to be a holodeck simulation, and it is supposed to be a "historic simulation" at that. There's no indication that it negates the reality of the preceding four seasons.

Still, I have no doubt that the supposed "gift to the fans" that B&B have cooked up will end up smelling like a turd. I think we can take Blalock at her word when she describes the finale as "appalling." Her other comments about the show are fairly on track. Her comments, spoiler-free, from a new article on women in scifi, are here.

Last edited by adamblast; 03-08-05 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-08-05, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WTF?

I've got to admit, if true I wish I had not read the spoiler. I totally would have been surprised.
Old 03-08-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How original. A St. Elsewhere for the 24th Century...
Old 03-08-05, 08:13 PM

When Enterprise first started, I gave it a chance since I was a fan of the OS, NG, DS9, and 10 episodes of Voyager.

I didn't care for their interpretation of "history" and stop watching after the first season.

My friend kept on watching and he liken to watching a car wreck every week, he always gave me his sypnosis of the episodes.

I told him that the last episode would be akin to what that rumor is.... That to me makes Enterprise worst than it was made out to be. I hope Star Trek takes a long nice 15 year break come back when they can think of a series about the future.
Old 03-08-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, since the writers have spent 4 years stomping all over the Star Trek canon, I would love for the series to end up as non-canon.
Old 03-08-05, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
WORST. IDEA. EVER.
Old 03-08-05, 10:39 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Sound like the ending to Star Trek: Newhart!

... either that or I'd like Dr. Sam Beckett to "leap" to another series.
Old 03-08-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This would suck. Screw the trekkies. Enterprise should be cannon just as much as any of the other series are considered cannon. If Enterprise doesn't count, then what do people have for the beginnings of Starfleet? Just crappy fan fics.
Old 03-09-05, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Could we have this apply to the first three seasons, but not the last?

"This idea" + "B&B writing" does in fact = Blalock's "appalling"
Old 03-09-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
This is so lame, what a perfect way to end ST's worst series. At least they managed 1 good season out of 4 though.
Old 03-09-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What stop there, why not have...

Spoiler:
Gene Roddenberry wake up at the end and go "What a crazy dream!" And then his wife will be like "Go back to sleep dear" and we see that it's actually Kate Mulgrew. And then his two crazy brothers (played by William Shatner and Patrick Stewart) and his son (Scott Bakula) all drop by to visit, and he tells them about this idea he just came up with for a TV show.

Last edited by Joe Molotov; 03-09-05 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-09-05, 11:00 AM

Will toto and Aunt Em be there, too?
Old 03-09-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From Trekweb.
You go girl!!

The Toronto Star website just posted an exclusive interview with STAR TREK ENTERPRISE star Jolene Blalock, in which she criticizes the final episode, titled "These Are The Voyages", and talks about the fan campaigns and the current fourth season. Here are a few excerpts :

"It is sad," said Blalock about the show's cancellation "I think most of us here are still in active denial. But you've got to know, going in, that these last few days are going to be highly emotional."

She wonders how the show opened with 13 million viewers and "somehow managed to drive 11 million of them away".

She praised the writing in the fourth season "[Season 4] was a treat, a joy to do." she told the Toronto Sun "It was an unexpected surprise to have the scripts that we did (this season). And I am grateful and thankful for that. It was fun to come to work again. And it was certainly much better than spending another season doing what we had been doing. It said a lot about the potential of the show."

When asked about the series finale, she said "[awkward silence]...I don't know where to begin with that one. The final episode is ... appalling."

Jolene feels sorry for the fans and praised the fan campaigns to save the show "I really am touched by their outpour of support, and their display of passion for the show. I was sort of caught off-guard. I didn't know that they were so adamant. But, you know, they really aren't saying anything new. They're just saying it louder."

About her upcoming unemployment, she revealed "I'm just coming from an audition right, and I'm very excited about it. I love auditioning, the entire process, going out and meeting people in the industry. It's been four years since I've been out pounding the pavement, and I miss it. It's a place of the unknown, and a place of infinite possibilities. And I like that."
Old 03-09-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
From Trekweb.
She wonders how the show opened with 13 million viewers and "somehow managed to drive 11 million of them away".
That says a lot right there.
Old 03-09-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Braga news. Any bets on how generic this show will be with Braga at the helm?

According to the Hollywood Reporter, TNG actor Brent Spiner ('Data') has signed to star in THRESHOLD, the upcoming CBS science-fiction series produced by former STAR TREK producer Brannon Braga. It is his first regular role in a television series since STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION ended its run in May 1994.

The new series focuses on a team of scientists and military personnel who make contact with alien lifeforms. Spiner join actors Carla Gugino and Charles S. Dutton in the cast.
Old 03-09-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Goodness. I feel incredibly sorry for Brent Spiner. Did he ever have to work with Braga on any Star Trek?
Old 03-09-05, 02:47 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Braga news. Any bets on how generic this show will be with Braga at the helm?

According to the Hollywood Reporter, TNG actor Brent Spiner ('Data') has signed to star in THRESHOLD, the upcoming CBS science-fiction series produced by former STAR TREK producer Brannon Braga. It is his first regular role in a television series since STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION ended its run in May 1994.

The new series focuses on a team of scientists and military personnel who make contact with alien lifeforms. Spiner join actors Carla Gugino and Charles S. Dutton in the cast.

I give it 4 weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.