Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge 10: Inferno II' Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge 10: Inferno II' Thread (SPOILERS AHEAD)

I know quite a few people on this forum watch the challenges besides me, so I have decided to start up a thread devoted to this season's challenge. Similar to last season's Battle of the Sexes II, this season brings the cast members back to the Inferno. However this season does not have different genders or shows going against each other, this season has the Good Guys (the cast members who don't start drama) versus the Bad Asses (the cast members who always start drama).

Good Guys (Wins: 2 of 5)
- Brad (Real World: San Diego)
- Darrell (Road Rules: Campus Crawl)
- Jamie (Real World: San Diego)
- Jodi (Road Rules: Xtreme)
- Jon (Real World: Los Angeles) -- ELIMINATED
- Julie (Real World: New Orleans)
- Landon (Real World: Philadelphia)
- Mike (Real World: Back To New York)
- Robin (Real World: San Diego) -- ELIMINATED
- Shavonda (Real World: Philadelphia)

Bad Asses (Wins: 3 of 5)
- Abe (Road Rules: South Pacific)
- Beth (Real World: Los Angeles) -- WALKED OFF
- CT (Real World: Paris)
- Dan (Real World: Miami)
- Derrick (Road Rules: Xtreme)
- Karamo (Real World: Philadelphia)
- Rachel (Road Rules: Campus Crawl)
- Tina (Road Rules: South Pacific)
- Tonya (Real World: Chicago)
- Veronica (Road Rules: Semester at Sea)

The show has barely been on for 10 minutes in the west coast, but the drama is already beginning.

Last edited by Matthew Chmiel; 04-05-05 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-08-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hell yeah Coral isn't there. Thank god. Hated her since her season of real world. Forgot this was on though, woulda tivo'd while I watched CSI. Guess I'll have to catach one of the 4209348240981 reruns.
Old 03-08-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I love Jamie. Oh how i love her.
Old 03-08-05, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just finished watching the season premiere. Wasn't too impressed by it. They screwed up the ball on this one. All of the previous challenges have had season premieres that have lasted an hour. This one was half an hour and was a complete mess editing wise.

Not a lot of setup and I had simply no fucking clue what was going on during the mission. It also looks like the show will be focusing more on the "Bad Asses" and the challenge regulars more than anyone else. Oh well, everyone watches these shows for the drama, so I could care less about that.

Old 03-08-05, 12:44 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm so happy that they came up with another way to separate the teams than gender or rw vs rr. Both of those ways give one side too much of an advantage. I still think they should try newbies vs veterans though.

When they win the individual challenges, do they actually win anything or is it just to add money to the final pot? I know the last couple seasons they've given prizes for each competition, but I don't remember what they did in Inferno 1. It sucks for all the people who get kicked off if they don't get anything. At least everybody gets 2 chances (lifesaver and inferno) to keep from getting kicked off.
Old 03-08-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by nny
I'm so happy that they came up with another way to separate the teams than gender or rw vs rr. Both of those ways give one side too much of an advantage. I still think they should try newbies vs veterans though.
I don't think this way of seperating them helps clear up the uneven sides issue. The girls on the Bad Asses side are the strongest girl players, I can easily see the Bad Asses winning this whole thing (as long as the drama doesn't destroy them..which it seems it might). Realistically The Miz is the only really strong player on the Good Guys, and he wasn't even that strong of a player in the last challenge.

This way of choosing who goes to the Inferno should end up being very interesting.

They really should have went with a 1hr show atleast for the premiere. It sucks to see only the first challenge and thats it. Hopefully the show will be edited better in the later episodes so we can see the two challenges and the inferno in one ep.

One episode in and I already miss Coral's big bouncy titties
Old 03-08-05, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They really should have went with a 1hr show atleast for the premiere. It sucks to see only the first challenge and thats it. Hopefully the show will be edited better in the later episodes so we can see the two challenges and the inferno in one ep.
Oh god no. I'm perfectly fine with one mission per episode (similar to how it was done with the first Inferno).

The Good Guys do have Brad and Darrel, and from previous challenges, they are strong players. Landon looks like he might be a strong competetor as well. However, when it comes to girl players, the only strong one is probably Robin.
Old 03-08-05, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Honestly, what the hell is Jon doing there?
Old 03-08-05, 03:05 AM

These people have nothing else better to do, sorry but the money they're offering isn't worth it, especially after taxes!
Old 03-08-05, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jamie looks so cute in a bikini.

Dave Mirra is still a snoozer of a host.
Old 03-08-05, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Oh god no. I'm perfectly fine with one mission per episode (similar to how it was done with the first Inferno).

The Good Guys do have Brad and Darrel, and from previous challenges, they are strong players. Landon looks like he might be a strong competetor as well. However, when it comes to girl players, the only strong one is probably Robin.
Yeah, with the guys they are pretty much evenly matched I think.. Good Guys have: Brad, Darrel, Mike, and Landon... Bad Asses have: CT, Abe, Derrick, Karamo. Jon and Dan cancel each other out My main problem was with the uneveness of the girls.
Old 03-08-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by fnordboy

One episode in and I already miss Coral's sagging knee-slapping titties
Fixed.
Old 03-08-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Veronica is here again.... man.... she is so hot...
Old 03-08-05, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Jamie looks so cute in a bikini.

Dave Mirra is still a snoozer of a host.
You said it. My brother and I swore they would never have Mirra as host again. Mosley is laid-back cool. Mirra is just dull.

I was totally surprised when they announced him.

I don't know, I wasn't impressed. It seems as though the newer RR casts are only there to breed Challenge contestants. The more recent RR's are so forgettable that I barely remember the people once they're on the challenge. I have no connection or loyalty with the Road Rulers anymore. Kind of makes it dull too.
Old 03-08-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have no connection or loyalty with the Road Rulers anymore. Kind of makes it dull too.
How the hell can you have a connection or loyalty with Road Rules when there hasn't been a new episode in ages? We will probably get the 11th challenge (which will be getting filmed soon) before we get a new Road Rules season.

With that in mind, the last season (Xtreme) was so fucking terrible that I just want them to end it now or go back how the show originally was. Six people in an RV driving around the country participating in stunts. None of this "voting people off" reality TV bullshit.

On that note, I would love to also have the challenges go back to the way they were as well. Have both teams on seperate busses and have them travel across the country, of course, with the whole "voting off" aspect tossed out.
Old 03-08-05, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
How the hell can you have a connection or loyalty with Road Rules when there hasn't been a new episode in ages? We will probably get the 11th challenge (which will be getting filmed soon) before we get a new Road Rules season.

With that in mind, the last season (Xtreme) was so fucking terrible that I just want them to end it now or go back how the show originally was. Six people in an RV driving around the country participating in stunts. None of this "voting people off" reality TV bullshit.

On that note, I would love to also have the challenges go back to the way they were as well. Have both teams on seperate busses and have them travel across the country, of course, with the whole "voting off" aspect tossed out.
I agree wholeheartedly. Now that you mention it, I stopped caring about Road Rules the season they started all of this voting off madness. I remember one RR replacement cast member that was literally on the show for like 2 episodes, he shows up at the challenge, the people there barely knew his name and of course he's the first one sent to the gauntlet.

They need to stop the voting off business. It's enough that we're getting two new sets of Real World cast that come and go in the blink of an eye.

I don't know. My eyes even rolled when I saw Dan from Miami... There needs to be a shake up or change in the way things are done.
Old 03-08-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What I found funny is how they are having a challenge with RW Philadelphias and their season isnt even over yet (almost but not quite). They should assign two strong members (like Abram and Mike) and do a draft for the players they want. That would make things more even, they could draft a guy and then a girl each round.
Old 03-08-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is Derrick still drinking alcohol like it were water?
Old 03-08-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gmal2003
What I found funny is how they are having a challenge with RW Philadelphias and their season isnt even over yet (almost but not quite). They should assign two strong members (like Abram and Mike) and do a draft for the players they want. That would make things more even, they could draft a guy and then a girl each round.
I think that would be fun to watch a draft for players. That's a great idea. It would certainly add to the drama based on when people are picked
Old 03-08-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah, survivor just did that this season, and it was actually pretty neat. good drama. and you know it would cause major drama in the RW/RR Challenge.

but in the survivor situation, the last two not picked were booted from the island.
Old 03-08-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is Derrick still drinking alcohol like it were water?
Spoiler:
During the scenes from upcoming episodes this season, one of the clips had Derrick and Landon outside of a club beating the shit out of each other. So it looks like that Derrick is still probably drinking alcohol like if it was water.

yeah, survivor just did that this season, and it was actually pretty neat. good drama. and you know it would cause major drama in the RW/RR Challenge.
While it does make for some great television (because I love it when the women are screaming and yelling at each other), it does get tiresome at times. How many times can one watch somebody bitch at Veronica or how many times can one watch somebody call Tonya a slut? ..... Okay, I take that last one back, I could watch Tonya being called a filthy, dirty slut all day (because it's true).

SPEAKING OF WHICH, where the fuck have Katie and Trishelle been?

What I found funny is how they are having a challenge with RW Philadelphias and their season isnt even over yet (almost but not quite).
Their season ends tonight. The only reason why they're on this challenge is because filming started in January. As of now, this challenge has the quickest turn around from taping to airing.

Last edited by Matthew Chmiel; 03-08-05 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-08-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
wish they would have taken Jillian from RR Xtreme.
Old 03-08-05, 10:45 PM

I do watch MTV a bit too much, so how the hell can I have not known that this show was on ??!!
Old 03-09-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Supposedly, Trashelle took a sabbatical on the whole cashing in on Reality TV fame after doing The Surreal Life last year.
Old 03-09-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Supposedly, Trashelle took a sabbatical on the whole cashing in on Reality TV fame after doing The Surreal Life last year.
Weren't the Gauntlet and the Inferno after her stint on the second season of The Surreal Life?

And why does she need to take a sabbatical when she has no job?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.