Deadwood 3/6/05 - "A Lie Agreed Upon, Part I"

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deadwood 3/6/05 - "A Lie Agreed Upon, Part I"

Deadwood, 3/6/05, Episode 13 - "A Lie Agreed Upon, Part I"

Spoiler:
Swearengen (Ian McShane) and Bullock (Timothy Olyphant) have an inadvertently public and violent confrontation over Bullock's relationship with Alma (Molly Parker); Bullock and Utter (Dayton Callie) discover that mistaken identity led to a fatal shooting at Nuttall's; and with a new business venture on the horizon, Stubbs (Kim Dickens) and Tolliver (Powers Boothe) await the arrival of some new whores on the next stage, which also bears two important reminders of Bullock's past. Written by David Milch; directed by Ed Bianchi. (source: BTN)

The wait is finally over. Let's get this c***sucking party started!
Old 03-06-05, 01:58 PM

I just wanted to be the first to say it so here goes...

Wow!!!

That was an utterly amazing 60 minutes of non-stp balls to the wall entertainment.

This is no longer just the best show on HBO. It's clearly the best show on tv period.

What a great episode.

Al Swearengen is the most Machiavelian multi-dimensional character in the history of the small screen.

Great stuff.

Can't wait til next week.

Old 03-06-05, 02:01 PM

Ummm ..Did I miss something Holly, It's not on until 10 tonight here.Did you already see it?
Old 03-06-05, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ttiberius
Ummm ..Did I miss something Holly, It's not on until 10 tonight here.Did you already see it?
Yes of couse I saw it young lad. Time is a relative thing after all. Read on and learn young glasshopper read on and learn...

I stole Professor Peebody's Wayback Machine and adjusted the frazmastat transpositor to a reverse microvariance corallatory wavelength of magnitude pi alpha squared then compensated for the resulting Heisenberg quantum variance using simple voodoo economics mixed with collard greens cornbread and chitlins then I had Jordi recalibrate the deflector array and followed that up with a trip through a wormhole on Moya then I lit up a sack of Maui Wowie watched the premiere of Deadwood passed back through the wormhole came back in time to this point and wrote the post which you so astutely realized had to have resulted from either madness, a distortion in the space time continuum or a bad case of indigestion.

<burp>
Old 03-06-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Holly Martins
I stole Professor Peebody's Wayback Machine and adjusted the frazmastat transpositor to a reverse microvariance corallatory wavelength of magnitude pi alpha squared then compensated for the resulting Heisenberg quantum variance using simple voodoo economics mixed with collard greens cornbread and chitlins then I had Jordi recalibrate the deflector array and followed that up with a trip through a wormhole on Moya then I lit up a sack of Maui Wowie watched the premiere of Deadwood passed back through the wormhole came back in time to this point and wrote the post which you so astutely realized had to have resulted from either madness, a distortion in the space time continuum or a bad case of indigestion.

<burp>
But the real question is...did you ever find Harry Lime?
Old 03-06-05, 02:21 PM

burp
Old 03-06-05, 02:53 PM

<burp>
Chitlins! Man, that's what it was..I tried to do this a couple of weeks ago, but it didnt' work...I had forgotten the chitlins! Boy, I feel stupid....
Old 03-06-05, 03:39 PM

"Time travel aint time travel without the chitlins."
From the memoirs of the late Fred G. Sanford, Professor Emeritus at the Watts school of cosmology, cosmetology and applied junkyard sciences.
Old 03-06-05, 03:40 PM

burp
Old 03-06-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, new members are great.

Especially that one that keeps burping.

What was this thread about?
Old 03-06-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just wanted to be the first to say it so here goes...

Wow!!!

That was an utterly amazing 60 minutes of non-stp balls to the wall entertainment.

This is no longer just the best show on HBO. It's clearly the best show on tv period.

What a great episode.

Al Swearengen is the most Machiavelian multi-dimensional character in the history of the small screen.

Great stuff.

Can't wait til next week.

Well you were right.

This was a thrilling and intense start to the second season.
Old 03-06-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
At least she hasn't started farting, if Holly is indeed a girl...

Solid ep., and a hell of a way to start the season.
"Welcome to fuckin Deadwood!"
So let me see if I have the characters straight, the child and mother who arrived are not Seth's immediate family but those of his brother, correct?
Also, is Stubbs the last name of Joanie? I only got about six eps. into last season and caught the last two so I am not too familiar with characters.

This will be a good show to keep me occupied when Desperate Housewives isn't doing aynthing new or not on the air...wish they could find a way to combine the shows.

On an unrelated note, HBO's series Rome looks to be another kick ass show. These original series are the only reason I keep HBO on my cable bill.
Old 03-06-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jane is back next episode WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Old 03-06-05, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
So let me see if I have the characters straight, the child and mother who arrived are not Seth's immediate family but those of his brother, correct?

Also, is Stubbs the last name of Joanie?

On an unrelated note, HBO's series Rome looks to be another kick ass show. These original series are the only reason I keep HBO on my cable bill.
Yes and Yes. If I recall correctly his brother died and he took his sister-in-law as a wife in order to take care of her and her son as a favor. They touched on it at points during the first season.

As for Rome I'll reserve judgement on it 'till it premeires, but for some reason the production values looked subpar to me. All I could think was that it looked cheesy. Something about the lighting and costumes just didn't look genuine, but again, waaay too early to tell. Thumbs up to the T&A though.
Old 03-06-05, 09:20 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Solid premiere tonight. Tolliver got in some good lines tonight as well regarding his disappointment in losing Stubbs. Loved Jane's bit on the horse as well.
Old 03-06-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved Swearingen's impersonation of the mayor (I forget his name). I was almost expecting him to say, "Hi! I'm Larry, this is my brother Darrell and this is my other brother Darrell"

And Jane's one small part was the funniest part of the whole episode.

I just hope I am able to keep my HBO come May when my promotional package ends and its time to renew by Comcast package. I try to keep my bill from getting over $100.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 03-06-05 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-06-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

C*cksuckers!!!
Old 03-06-05, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Settle an argument...during the scene between Bullock and Alma after sex...was Almas bare breasts exposed, or was there some kind of material covering her chest? (Ive already deleated the episode)

I swear shes covered, my boy says shes nekkid
Old 03-06-05, 11:23 PM

Tommyceez -
Actually at first her shirt covered both boobies until Alma moved her left hand down and the shirt fell to the side thereby exposing her to the you know public for a spurt. Your booy is right.
Old 03-06-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
Tommyceez -
Actually at first her shirt covered both boobies until Alma moved her left hand down and the shirt fell to the side thereby exposing her to the you know public for a spurt. Your booy is right.
My boy is a dick..plain and simple, and your no prize yourself
Old 03-07-05, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode!!

I'd just re-watched all of Season one this week so it was all nice and fresh in my memory. It picked up from there very well.

"Welcome to fucking Deadwood!"

Oh, and hearing Bullock and Alma going at it loudly, as paintchips from the ceiling are falling on Sophia's book.
Old 03-07-05, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way, I have a question about some of the slang.

What exactly is a "Hooplehead?" Is it just a term for the general gamblers, drinkers, the Johns and all that, or something completely different?
And a "Squarehead" is a Norweigen.. right?
Old 03-07-05, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
My boy is a dick..plain and simple, and your no prize yourself
SWEAGEN ********ER?????
The prize, my misguided, poor sighted little blasphemer, should have been your 2 glimpses of those li'l A-cups our Ms. Garrett so generously provided us with. And I don't mean Edna's Edibles.

Speaking of which, was I the only one ecstatic to see Alma had hairy pits? I love it when a show keeps it real. Probably not many Lady Remingtons floating around the old west. Kudos to Molly Parker for going hirsuit for the role.

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I loved Swearingen's impersonation of the mayor (I forget his name).
That would be the (dis) Honorable E.B. Farnum.
Old 03-07-05, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheGodfather
Tommyceez -

Not to mention her hairy armpit too.
Old 03-07-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Between the "Welcome to fuckin' Deadwood", one of the best uses of the phrase "c0cksuckers" to date, and the Farnum impersonation, this was a fun episode.

das

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.