Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ghost Recon 2 (xbox) Patch out today

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghost Recon 2 (xbox) Patch out today

DLC to be available March 7....

"Ubisoft today announced that an auto-update for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 will be available for download via Xbox Live. The auto-update includes the following:

* Adds user interface element to indicate which players are entering and leaving lobby
* Adds user interface element to indicate which player(s) are talking
* Improves network stability
* Fixes a respawn issue where respawned players could get killed immediately
* Reduces the amount of time needed to validate downloadable content
* Addresses a minor sound issue with sound effects and voice over
* Localizes an error message
* The friend's list is easier to scroll through and use

In addition to the auto-update, new downloadable content will be made available for download on Monday, 7th March 2005. It will include 3 maps, 2 modes, 8 weapons and 2 skins – be one of the first to grab it!"
Old 03-03-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woo-Hoo.....looks great...4 more days then, not today
Old 03-03-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

patch today, DLC Monday
Old 03-03-05, 11:20 AM
RVP

Sweet, so next monday new maps? Anyone know exactly what the DLC is?

Edit: Oh sorry, just saw this at the bottom of your post.

In addition to the auto-update, new downloadable content will be made available for download on Monday, 7th March 2005. It will include 3 maps, 2 modes, 8 weapons and 2 skins

Will you be able to use the new weapons and maps in single player mode?

Last edited by RVP; 03-03-05 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-22-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I picked this up for 20 bucks from Kmart a few months ago and am now starting to play it. Finding an online game takes a long time... the single player is really difficult. I mean, it's not that bad on my own, but I don't like to let anyone on my team die when I play through a mission, so if it happens I reload. The problem is - my teammates are so fucking stupid. I can't tell you how many times they just walk right in front of me the very moment I'm shooting an enemy and get plugged. They sit around and wait for me to tell them what to do alot of the time as well. Also - I'll send them to go blow up a tank on that convoy mission (third one in?) and he runs right up to it and either gets shot, or he runs up to it and blows himself up... one time he ran up to it and couldn't figure out where to shoot so he just shot at me and wiped out the rest of the team. Idiot! Sometimes they do what they are supposed to do, but they are unpredictable and stupid overall - they were alot smarter in the first game. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 03-22-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved the first 2 GR games, but I can't get into GR2. I agree with the problems you've encountered. It just doesn't feel the same as GR and Island Thunder. Other than the improved graphics, I don't like the changes they made.
Old 03-22-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I play this one on-line only, now. And I can not stand the damn wait times, especially when the Live (or my connection) is acting up and booting me out of games. The last few times I played, I would wait, find a game, wait in lobby (friend's games) for about 10 minutes (it has been longer) and then when the game starts, I get droped in less than a minute. This is lather - rinse - repeat.

Single player I had to give up as it was too frustrating. My men would not engage anyone, so I would get killed while my whole team was 100% healthy. I do not like that you can not split your teams up and send Bravo team to another point on the map. I love setting up cross-fires and decoys in the old GR series.

I still play this and probably will until I pick up the new Rainbow 6.
Old 03-22-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
You know another annoying single player thing - I tried using the headset for voice commands to my squad and they would hear random commands at inopportune times. Like, I needed them to cover me (HA!) and as soon as I'm crossing, I hear them acknowledge a Hold Fire that I never ordered. They would take a flank order as well without me saying anything. At the same time - when I would bark orders at them, they just sat there half the time ignoring me.