Smallville -- "Lucy" -- 03.02.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucy

Spoiler:
Lois' (Erica Durance) younger sister, Lucy (guest star Peyton List), with whom Lois doesn't get along, comes to town and charms everyone she meets. However, Clark (Tom Welling) discovers a darker side to Lucy after he catches her stealing money from a bar and forces her to reveal the truth about her sudden appearance in Smallville, a truth that puts Lois in grave danger. Meanwhile, the crystal disappears from Lana's (Kristin Kreuk) apartment and Jason (Jensen Ackles) accuses Lionel (John Glover) of stealing it.
Old 03-02-05, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yawn
Old 03-02-05, 02:59 AM
Suspended

oh great another FOTW. woohoo
Old 03-02-05, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lara Means
yawn
Unfortunately, I agree.
Old 03-02-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by zidane349
Where's the mention of a freek of the week? I'm actually interested in seeing Lucy Lane show up. The plot description seems to show that the artifact storyline will keep moving ahead, which is a good thing in my book.
Old 03-02-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zidane349
I'm with funman, how are you sure its a FOTW episode. Are you refering to Lucy? 'Clark forces her to reveal the truth about her appearance in Smallville' as the preview says, but that doesn't mean she's a meteor freak. This revealation could be something else.
Old 03-02-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The good news: There will never be an episode of Smallville worse than this one.

The bad news: Worst episode of the series.

Things I liked: Lionel/Lex interaction. Who's ready for the spinoff? I know I am.
Clark/Lex interaction. Although I'm getting sick of the main reason Clark going to see Lex is for some type of financial help. It's still good to see the relationship between these two.
Shot of Clark jumping/flying onto the truck.
Methos. Umm. I mean Peter Wingfield. side note: There making another Highlander movie and so far Peter's the only one cast according to imdb. No Adrian Paul or Christopher Lambert.
Old 03-02-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I guess all of Lex's cars are two-seaters.
Old 03-02-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
was ok
Old 03-02-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't think it was bad. This was hardly the worst episode of the series. Lots of episodes from season 1 were way worse than this one.

I liked the character interactions:
Chloe keeps hinting at Clark
Lois and Clark do some flirting in the end
Lex and Clark emphasize their friendship
Lex and Lionel: They just have great scenes together
Old 03-02-05, 10:27 PM
Suspended

crap i always thought FOTW meant filler of the week. I guess i was wrong haha...
Old 03-03-05, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Lucy: U had something I never had, a dad
* at this point I'm praying the writers dont make Louis say: *
Louis: We both never had a dad.

God, that is SO cliched.

I'm spoiled rotten after having watched Buffy/Angel these past few months. Somebody suggest something interesting to me now. Monk I used to like, now I know the "mystery" within 5 mins of the show.
Scrubs still rocks.
Old 03-03-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
What was the crap about Lex not having a sibling. Didn't he have a younger brother in a episode a few seasons ago?
Old 03-03-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
I'm spoiled rotten after having watched Buffy/Angel these past few months. Somebody suggest something interesting to me now. Scrubs still rocks.

If you like Scrubs, you'll love Arrested Development. I dare say it's better than Scrubs. Season 1 is only 20$, best blind-buy i've ever bought.
Old 03-03-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
What was the crap about Lex not having a sibling. Didn't he have a younger brother in a episode a few seasons ago?
From what I remember, I think that's part of memories that Lionel had erased from Lex's brain. Clark still knows but doesn't tell Lex because he feels that if Lex knows again it will get him killed.
Old 03-03-05, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Amel
From what I remember, I think that's part of memories that Lionel had erased from Lex's brain. Clark still knows but doesn't tell Lex because he feels that if Lex knows again it will get him killed.
I just took it as Lex's brother died when he was a baby/toddler, so it's really like he didn't have a brother...
Old 03-03-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
OK, so what was this garbage with Lana and the stone? Did she trash her own place to make Jason think the stone was stolen, or did she already have it hidden (from Jason?) and whoever trashed the place didn't find it?

Overall, not a great episode although it had some things I liked. Lex and Lionel - always good! No FOTW - always good!! Clark taking a flying leap - cool. The Kents not giving Clark a guilt trip about whatever - good.
Old 03-03-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
The entire Lucy segment of the episode was useless. There was no need for an episode focused on a non-recurring character. There was little in the way of character development for Lois either, so no contribution there either. I want episodes that actually advance the story. Let Chloe develop a bit more. Show me something new about Clark. Anything.
Old 03-03-05, 12:13 PM
Suspended

As already mentioned a *yawn* episode, def filler for the weeks to come, now we have to sit and wait OVER a month for a fresh episode, 5 repeats then the climax of the season.

I liked the Clark/Lex interation, always good considering Lex is the best character on the show. But I HATE he has to always go to Lex for financial help (already mentioned above) but that annoys the shot out of me, why can Clark just stop by for a beer and game of pool, geeze.

I guess I am the only one who thought Lucy was fcking hot, since it hadn't been mentioned yet.... ya she looked like a cat, but damn she looked good.... almost as good as Lana's tight white tank top last week, how fucking yummy is that.

Ya whats up with Lana and the stone.

Jason got played when Lana walked in on him roughing up Lionel.

Lionel is playing everybody....
Old 03-03-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If I ever have daughters one day, I am definitely going to make them call me "The General" at all times.
Old 03-03-05, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by xDareDevilx
I just took it as Lex's brother died when he was a baby/toddler, so it's really like he didn't have a brother...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Lex had another brother shown in an episode from season 1 or 2. The brother has gambling debts in chinatown or something and there is a shootout/escape. Later in the episode Lionel tries to play the brothers against eachother.
Old 03-03-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yea Lex's brother was in an episode so now I am wondering why the wrote that in. Maybe the writers forgot?

Overall, boring episode. Looks like we have a couple weeks til the next one.
Old 03-03-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now we have to sit and wait OVER a month for a fresh episode
I think most here would prefer not having to watch Smallville. They sure can't seem to stop watching a show they never seem to like.

As for this episode, mediocre filling. Enough said.
Old 03-04-05, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like others have said, it was a "filler" episode, but it did have some good moments. Clark/Lois had a few good quotes. I liked the one at the start of the episode, Lois is showing off her horrible cooking skills because she is "happy," and Clark says something like "if you were any happier we would've starved to death." I also liked the flying leap by Clark jumping onto the 18-wheeler. As for the "miss not having a sibling" comment by Clark at the end, Lex's brother Julian died when he was younger
Spoiler:
In season 3, episode "memoria" it's revealed that Lex's mom killed him so he wouldnt have to be raised by Lionel
, and Lex's half brother from season 2 "Prodigal," was only in one episode, is ultimately sent off in hiding under Lex's protection.
Old 03-04-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought it was ok. Like SuprVgeta mentioned, some good moments littered throughout the hour. I still love Clark and Lois' interaction, and Clark poking fun at Lois in front of Lucy was funny to me. Jumping onto the truck was great as well I wish they advanced the stones story more though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.