Alias -- "A Man Of His Word" -- 03.02.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Man Of His Word

Spoiler:
Sark agrees to help Sydney and Vaughn track down Anna Espinosa, but only after Vaughn agrees to a despicable request from Sark related to Lauren's buried corpse. Meanwhile, Jack ponders risking Nadia's life by prematurely reviving her from an induced coma to extract vital information about Anna's whereabouts.
Old 03-02-05, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
The only way I want to see Melissa George again is through flashbacks. I really hope she does not come back to life, but with this show, who knows?
Old 03-02-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Spoiler:
The only way I want to see Melissa George again is through flashbacks. I really hope she does not come back to life, but with this show, who knows?
Spoiler:
I don't want to see her mouth on this show ever again either.
Old 03-02-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh please, please, please let's get this arc-y started right. RIGHT? I want this arc-y started QUICKLY! And let's run with it through the rest of the season!
Old 03-02-05, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Where did they have Lauren buried? She seemed to still be in good condition for having been dead for a while. Sorry, haven't watched this show in a while.
Old 03-02-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, she is actually dead. I was sure she would show up again for revenge. Evil Francie looked pretty dead at the end of season 2 but was fine later. I expected them to open the coffin and find it empty.
Old 03-02-05, 11:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good episode

It looked like they had Lauren in some sort of freezer, I wouldn't be surprised if they figure out some way to reanimate her and she comes back to life.
Old 03-03-05, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Was Jack surprised when the stuff he injected Nadia actually worked?
Old 03-03-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Am I misremembering last week's episode? I thought Sydney/Nadia snuck up on Anna. Then Anna's ally (Nameless Thug) jumped in, while Anna ran off. Sydney took off in direct pursuit of Anna, while Nadia fought and killed Nameless Thug.

Now we find that Anna somehow managed, within a span of maybe 30 seconds, to totally avoid Sydney and hide in the same room as Nadia? How is that possible? And if it is, why the hell didn't Anna just shoot Nadia then? She waited until Sydney and Nadia were in the same room to shoot Nadia? Isn't that more dangerous for her?
Old 03-03-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ReplayTV had a hiccup and I missed the ep... where's the best site for a synopsis?
Old 03-03-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Not much discussion of this one, guess the show isn't that popular among us anymore.

IF they reanimate Lauren, that wouldn't just jump the shark, they would pulling it out of the water.
Old 03-03-05, 09:14 AM

im dissapointed in this show now. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes but i just cant get into it anymore. I find myself changing the channel once the first commercial hits. I dont even set up my dvr to record it anymore. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 03-03-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by bboisvert
ReplayTV had a hiccup and I missed the ep... where's the best site for a synopsis?
Do NOT(!!!) go to televisionwithoutpity.com

SHEESH!
Old 03-03-05, 09:27 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Solid episode last night. Love that Sark is on the loose again.
Old 03-03-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Hubcap
im dissapointed in this show now. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes but i just cant get into it anymore. I find myself changing the channel once the first commercial hits. I dont even set up my dvr to record it anymore. Anyone else feel the same way?
Im really bored with this season (AND to make matters worse, its the first year Im NOT watching on DVD)
Old 03-03-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Am I misremembering last week's episode? I thought Sydney/Nadia snuck up on Anna. Then Anna's ally (Nameless Thug) jumped in, while Anna ran off. Sydney took off in direct pursuit of Anna, while Nadia fought and killed Nameless Thug.

Now we find that Anna somehow managed, within a span of maybe 30 seconds, to totally avoid Sydney and hide in the same room as Nadia? How is that possible? And if it is, why the hell didn't Anna just shoot Nadia then? She waited until Sydney and Nadia were in the same room to shoot Nadia? Isn't that more dangerous for her?
Yeah, I noticed that too, seemed like a lame way to explain why Anna would come for Nadia.

This show has been really disappointing this season. It's getting too formulaic and tired; last night I could literally pinpoint when the light guitar song would start at the end of the episode. Without an overriding story arc, all of the emotion that Sydney goes through just seems like episodic whining; without that big picture, all of these little moments are exactly that: little.
Old 03-03-05, 10:19 PM

I loved seeing Sarc again. Plus he was also on the last episode of Charmed.
Old 03-04-05, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Lauren's really dead! Lauren's really dead!

I really wish they would have put a bullet in Anna's head. And I hope they do the same to Sloane by the end of the season. He's starting to annoy me.
Old 03-04-05, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Love that Sark is on the loose again.
A big grin spread across my face when he shut the elevator on Anna and called Sydney's name.

I also enjoyed seeing Jack piss off Sloane by bringing Nadia out of her coma a bit early w/out telling him. He was the Operational Commander at the moment - he had to do what he had to do obtain his final objective - and it worked. SpyDaddy is such a badass. I wonder what kind of agreement he made w/ Sloane when they started this working relationship?
Old 03-04-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A subpar episode that barely kept my interest (I drifted in and out a number of times).

I'm glad and shocked that Lauren is actually dead.

Why did Jack inject Nadia with that stuff? I must have been wandering around that time.

Alias is piss-poor so far for a lot of this season.
Old 03-04-05, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was there ever any doubt that Sark would escape? Really? If you wanted to shock me, they would have contained him successfully. I would have been floored.
Old 03-04-05, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

bboisvert

Crap. I wish I had seen this sooner as I already deleted mine.

Honestly, though, you didn't miss much. All that really happened was a bunch of cryptic double-talk between Sloane and Jack and then
Spoiler:
they essentially had Sark and Anna trade places -- Sark's on the loose now, and Anna's in prison

*sigh*

das
Old 03-04-05, 10:58 AM

Terrible, terrible episode.

When Syd and Vaughn were on the roof in Venice overlooking the bomb exchange, why didn't they just shoot them all then? They sneak down and hide behind some pillars and manage to shoot everyone except Sark and Anna?

I never thought I would say this but I don't look forward to Alias anymore. Other than maybe 2 episodes this season, it has been a total letdown.
Old 03-04-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by apeyard
I never thought I would say this but I don't look forward to Alias anymore. Other than maybe 2 episodes this season, it has been a total letdown.
Agreed. The only character that I ever like anymore is Jack.
Old 03-04-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by movieking
Agreed. The only character that I ever like anymore is Jack.
Aside from Marshall, he is the only character I have consistently liked throughout the show's run.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.