Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

pepsi commercial- FU ABC n PEPSI!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-05, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pepsi commercial- FU ABC n PEPSI!!

rant
Ok, so they censor Robin Williams but they allow that fucking awful Pepsi commercial to redicule one of the greatest movies on all time!! Fuck that!! I hope everyone at ABC burns in hell, fucking hell man!!

The whole night was about the reoccuring theme of the preservation of film and connecting the past to the present, and this is what they do with a restored Spartacus print, no this is utter bullshit!!

Anyone else see what is wrong with this country when we bellyache about Robin Williams poking fun at inanimate objects and saying fuck and shit, etc... and yet this kind of shit is allowed to go on?!

Seriously, i hope Stanley Kubrick haunts whoever allowed his footage to be aired like that!

What was Pepsi thinking? Clearly if you get the movie reference, one will be offended because theyve seen the brilliant film, and if they havent they wont find it "amusing"

why not take some piece of shit film and make fun of it, or be goddamn orginal or something!!!

end rant
Old 02-27-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bell65
rant
Ok, so they censor Robin Williams but they allow that fucking awful Pepsi commercial to redicule one of the greatest movies on all time!! Fuck that!! I hope everyone at ABC burns in hell, fucking hell man!!

Seriously, i hope Stanley Kubrick haunts whoever allowed his footage to be aired like that!

What was Pepsi thinking? Clearly if you get the movie reference, one will be offended because theyve seen the brilliant film, and if they havent they wont find it "amusing"

why not take some piece of shit film and make fun of it, or be goddamn orginal or something!!!

end rant
I didn't know Kubrick directed Saturday Night Fever.
Old 02-27-05, 11:40 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Spartacus fan here. Thought it was funny. *shrug*
Old 02-27-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm Spartacus...and I wasn't offended.
Old 02-28-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, somebody's had one too many caffienated Pepsis.
Old 02-28-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
"Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up".
Old 02-28-05, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
I don't get to see the American commercials. Would you mind summorising this Pepsi commerical.

It couldn't have been worse than the new ending Duke gave to Spartacus on TheCritic
Old 02-28-05, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by waporvare
I'm Spartacus...and I wasn't offended.
Old 02-28-05, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am Spartacus
Old 02-28-05, 06:26 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Kubrick hated Spartacus. He won't be haunting anybody. Well, maybe you.
Old 02-28-05, 06:52 AM

kubrick didnt hate spartacus he hated ho thye amd ehime dit it
Old 02-28-05, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ho thye amd ehime dit it
Old 02-28-05, 07:30 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
he hated ho thye amd ehime dit it

Exactly.

Old 02-28-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rant

The whole night was about the reoccuring theme of the preservation of film and connecting the past to the present, and this is what they do with a restored Spartacus print, no this is utter bullshit!!

Anyone else see what is wrong with this country when we bellyache about Robin Williams poking fun at inanimate objects and saying fuck and shit, etc... and yet this kind of shit is allowed to go on?!

end rant

Shit dude what happens when something serious happens in your life? Are you going to kill somebody. It's a movie, who (besides you) gives a fuck?
Old 02-28-05, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Just from reading the title of this post I thought that Pepsi must have made some insult directed towards cavemen.
Old 02-28-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
I am a caveman and I wasn't offended either.
Old 02-28-05, 03:30 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, Pepsi just might inspire some new Spartacus fans who just want to see what the joke is all about. In any case, good movies have survived much worse treatment. BTW, OP, when are you starting those anger management sessions?
Old 02-28-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I am Spartacus and ho thye amd ehime dit i
Old 02-28-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Robin Williams is a douche and yet I don't get offended by titties popping out or commercials with labias or whatever. Only thing that bugs me is Jamster Funsounds.
Old 03-01-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jamster Funsounds, Erectile Dysfunction pills..oh an Relecore "its not your fault your fat."
Old 03-01-05, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

rant

end rant
Interesting, you say that if you've seen Spartacus, you won't find the commercial amusing. And yet you consider Robin Williams amusing....

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN OF THE JURY I CALL FOR A MISTRIAL! Bell65 obviously doesn't even know the meaning of amusing!

Also, as a point of grammar reoccuring is not considered a word. The correct word is "recurring."
Old 03-01-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

rant

end rant
Sean Penn is that you?
Old 03-01-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kubrick didnt hate spartacus he hated ho thye amd ehime dit it
Holy crap... no wonder he could never get the framing correct on that opening shot of The Shining.

(Has anyone heard from Bell65 lately? I fear he had a stroke mid-post.)

ps - the commercial was funny. Very funny.
Old 03-01-05, 10:55 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was offended by Patch Adams. Now, if they had replaced Robin Williams with a giant CGI talking Pepsi bottle, I may have enjoyed the movie.
Old 03-01-05, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ho thye amd ehime dit it
What the holy fuck?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.