Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question for those that bought Beastmaster Season 2.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Why is the cover art different (well at least on my set) from the one everywhere else? On dvdaficionado, amazon, and various other places they have a picture of Dar with a lion and on my season 2 cover art it pictures Dar swinging his staff in a somewhat blurry pic. Had the artwork been changed?
Old 02-27-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they must have reissued it ...or something..dvdsoon shows the second season has being discontinued..(no cover art)..so i guess they could have changed it..also if you bought it from the recent adv sale, their lame disclaimer they added after most people bought said it could be "different" ..so ..who knows (if you did buy from adv's sale)
Old 02-27-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
My daughter wanted season 2 as a Christmas present back when it first came out. The dual covers confusion was compounded with 2 different prices I found. $30 vs $60. I wasn't sure if the cheaper one was different or a misprice.
Old 02-27-05, 10:52 AM
Banned

Check DDD, I bought all 3 last October for $75. DDD only charges $24 per season. Best price on the web.

Just checked my Season 2 set, and yeah, it's Dar swinging his bone staff.
Old 02-27-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Im confused on why they switched the cover. I liked the original cover of him with the animals muc more than the one of him swinging the bone staff. And that picture is somewhat blurry to boot.
Old 02-27-05, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Im confused on why they switched the cover. I liked the original cover of him with the animals muc more than the one of him swinging the bone staff. And that picture is somewhat blurry to boot.
It's not really blurry, it's more of a visual effect.
Old 02-27-05, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does Season 2 compare to Season 1 quality wise (and 3 for that matter)?
Old 02-27-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that season 2 is on par with the first. I have never seen season 3, but have heard that it is not as good as the first two. I will buy it though to complete the collection. I saw on tvtome that there is an episode listed for season 4. I guess that season was planned but never panned out.
Old 02-27-05, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by johnny9382
I got mine for around 63 bucks...a little better than 75. Check it out
No, you misunderstood me. I got ALL three seasons for ~$75 total. DDD has them for just $23.99 each. So you paid $63 for just one season? You got screwed and didn't even get the courtesy of a reach around.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 02-27-05 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-27-05, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by abintra
How does Season 2 compare to Season 1 quality wise (and 3 for that matter)?
Season 2...hmmm, yeah it's about on par with Season 1, maybe a little better or not quite as good in certain aspects. Season 3 keeps your attention, but it loses what made the first two seasons unique.

What you'll find with this series is that each season has its own arc. Which I find quite amazing for a series such as this. The first season dealt with the Pterrons lead by King Zad. Season 2 introduced metalurgy and dealt with a "boy king" and his empire within Tao's old city after the boy king defeated King Zad and his Pterrons. The final season dealt with what is known as "Dar's Quest", in which he has to find all 5 members of his original family who are now animals and put them in an ark to help defeat the evil lord of darkness and save the world.

When watching this series, I was constantly surprised at actually how good the series was in terms of continuity and story arc telling. I bought this series to go along with my Hercules and Xena collections. It's ashame though that they come in those damned 6-disc book-sized keep cases. I'd had taken a slim digipak anyday.
Old 02-27-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I too would have prefered a digipak. The 6 disc cases are hell to open and close as well as they bend up the artwork. They look rather odd sitting on the shelf next to shows that are in nice glossy cases.
Old 02-27-05, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I too would have prefered a digipak. The 6 disc cases are hell to open and close as well as they bend up the artwork. They look rather odd sitting on the shelf next to shows that are in nice glossy cases.
Exactly.