Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Has anyone played the game ToonTown?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone played the game ToonTown?

I'm curious to know if anyone plays or had played the game ToonTown?

http://play.toontown.com/webHome.php

From my understanding it is an mmorpg geared towards children, but some research I've done seems that adults play it alot also, though I've never heard of it until today. I would like to get my girlfriend to play games more (so I could play WoW more, I know sad) and the only one with any success was Animal Crossing and the Harvest Moon series.

This game looks like an Animal Crossing, with the interaction with others. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-26-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 10 year old son has been begging to get access to this game. We bought him a one month gift card from Target for his birthday today. I don't know much about the game but, I will look into it. Adults playing a kids game like this has me a little worried though. Anyone heard of any stalkers in this game?
Old 02-26-05, 10:40 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
To prevent predators, the game is set up so that you can only chat with people using canned phrases.
Old 02-26-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
To prevent predators, the game is set up so that you can only chat with people using canned phrases.
That sounds like a good idea.
Old 02-27-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I played that game for almost a year with my daughter. The only way that you can actually chat with people is if you have them on your friends list, and you need to have a code to give them for that to happen.

While it was fun at first, once you get to a high level it becomes boring to the highest degree. It is the same thing over and over and over so that you can get once more suit level. I finally quit once I became a hollywood 50 as there was nothing else left to do.
Old 04-06-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by edstein
My 10 year old son has been begging to get access to this game. We bought him a one month gift card from Target for his birthday today. I don't know much about the game but, I will look into it. Adults playing a kids game like this has me a little worried though. Anyone heard of any stalkers in this game?
ToonTown is an Online game, you cannot buy at Target.

My 10 year old loves the game, I found him twice playing it until 4:30am. He would have played it many more times until the wee hours of the morning if I did not tell him to go to sleep.
Old 04-06-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually, you can by subscriptions for toontown at Target. We sell them at Best Buy as well. I think the idea behind it is that some people do not want to use their credit card over the web, so if they have the ability to use a card that they buy in a store and just punch in the code thay will have more people playing it.