Reload this Page >

24 Season 4 Street Date?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

24 Season 4 Street Date?

Old 02-23-05, 12:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 Season 4 Street Date?

I know this may be a little premature to be posting this, but I was listening to a local station here in L.A.(690 am) and every month they have a guy who comes on, who is a movie afficianado and he reviews alot of movies for that month, and offers rumors, ideas and discuss behind the scences work that takes place in movies. Its very fascintating stuff. As the gentleman had concluded with his reviews(and I was just about to turn the dial) the guy comes on and says, "For all you 24 fans out there, be sure to be at your local store on December 6th, as that is when Fox is planning to release Season 4 on DVD". He then when into other news. Has anyone else heard this date? Did anyone hear him today on 690am?
Old 02-23-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
isnt Season 4 currently on TV? Havent you already asked this several times?
Old 02-23-05, 12:18 PM
Banned

I have, but I just heard it the radio. Thought it was worthy enough to be posted here.
Old 02-23-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Dalvin
I know this may be a little premature to be posting this, but I was listening to a local station here in L.A.(690 am) and every month they have a guy who comes on, who is a movie afficianado and he reviews alot of movies for that month, and offers rumors, ideas and discuss behind the scences work that takes place in movies. Its very fascintating stuff. As the gentleman had concluded with his reviews(and I was just about to turn the dial) the guy comes on and says, "For all you 24 fans out there, be sure to be at your local store on December 6th, as that is when Fox is planning to release Season 4 on DVD". He then when into other news. Has anyone else heard this date? Did anyone hear him today on 690am?
I always hear bad info on tv/radio about dvds. If you do not see it online somewhere, then it is probably not true or just speculation. Since the 3rd season came out in Dec, maybe he made the assumption that the 4th will be out then too. Who knows?

But, I think its premature at this point. The show is not even half way through the season.
Old 02-23-05, 12:40 PM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Premature...yes, but December sounds like a logical release date assuming that season 5 (if there is one) will premiere on TV in January like the current season did.
Old 02-23-05, 01:42 PM
Banned

Joel Surnow(the creator of "24") has already confired that there will be a Season 5!!!!!!
Old 02-23-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A month before the new season starts. It would be silly to believe that there wouldn't be a season 5 with the ratings the show is pulling.

Also, they wont be announcing it while the season is on the air. That will only have folks just give up watching it or not bother to watch it. Much like a movie is anounced on dvd a few weeks (usually) after it's theater run starts. So that folks wont just pass it up in theaters for a home setting.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 02-23-05 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-23-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RockStrongo
If you do not see it online somewhere, then it is probably not true or just speculation.

Sorry, that just made me laugh.
Old 02-23-05, 04:16 PM
Banned

I am not watching this on TV in anticipation for the DVD. I plan to block out a whole weekend and just knock the puppy out then. If it does come out in December, even better, as I will have plenty of that month off from teaching.
Old 02-23-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
If you do not see it online somewhere, then it is probably not true or just speculation.
This is gold.
Old 02-23-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Dalvin
I am not watching this on TV in anticipation for the DVD. I plan to block out a whole weekend and just knock the puppy out then. If it does come out in December, even better, as I will have plenty of that month off from teaching.

teaching? I thought you were part of a band, married and going to med school. Everyone knows when you are married you don't have any weekends off.
Old 02-23-05, 07:38 PM
Banned

Tme to come clean. I teach. I am married though!
Old 02-23-05, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

with your track record on honesty and being trust worthy you should consider working for CTU

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 02-23-05 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-23-05, 08:20 PM
Banned

Thanks Nina I always knew I could be your #2!!!!!!
Old 02-23-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

or you could just watch it at your parents house, where you live with your wife, who looks like natalie portman, while your teaching, while attending med school, and taking time off from your band...just don't invite your cousin over...he might steal it
Old 02-24-05, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I usually see new people requesting release dates for television show seasons that still currently being aired , not senior members. I'm shocked. Ah well.

I'm sure it's all just speculation at this point. If there's an official announcement you'll be sure to find it in this forum immediately I'm sure.
Old 02-24-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by automator

Sorry, that just made me laugh.
Yeah, after I typed it, it made me laugh too.

My point was just that the online community usually knows about release dates before radio/tv and so on.
Old 02-24-05, 08:14 PM
Banned

I do hope that the people who consider putting the Special Features on this thing, will highly consider putting the "Inside 24" webcasts that are featured on the website on there. Wht they didn't include these for Season 3 I don't know. It certainly can't be because of space. I sure hope they understand that this is something people would like to have included on the DVD's.
Old 02-25-05, 03:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
or you could just watch it at your parents house, where you live with your wife, who looks like natalie portman, while your teaching, while attending med school, and taking time off from your band...just don't invite your cousin over...he might steal it
This week on Behind the Music...The Dalvin Story