Playboy Mansion on XBOX

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playboy Mansion on XBOX

Hey guys,

Anyone playing this?

Ive been hooked on it for a while now. Playing freeform.

Im up to circulation of about 700K and have $20 million plus money.

Couple questions for those who are farther.

How do you get articles over 3 bunnies? My journalists are 5 star and I always make sure their mood is good and pick a subject they like. But, I never get more then 3 bunnies. Any ideas?

Also, how do you raise the amount of items that you can buy? When I got the pool, I couldn't buy anything else to put around it. The green bar at the top is completely filled and I didnt even buy anything there yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Im willing to answer any questions too.
Old 02-23-05, 09:30 AM

Don't have the game but was wondering...
Does the game play more like a RTS or is it like those Sims games?
Old 02-23-05, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Centurion
Its alot like The Sims.....basically, a similar concept...seems like the same game engine too.

You control Hugh Hefner's life, throw parties with celebs/playmates, shoot covers/centerfolds, write articles/interviews and release monthly magazines. With the money you make, you can add on to your mansion and buy stuff. The whole game is about building relationships whether for romance, personal or business.

Its more addictive that the sims in my view. It is also more sexually charged due to the content. I think the online magazines didn't give it a fair review, but maybe they were just thinking it was too much like the Sims. Personally, I find it more fun.
Old 02-23-05, 04:08 PM

I'm assuming the more money you make the game will then allow you to have more additions to the mansion, throw bigger parties, and have more bit....ummm bunnies!
Old 02-23-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha, that would be sweet if it was an RTS. Bunnies attack Hustler magazine!!!
Old 02-23-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
The whole game is about building relationships whether for romance, personal or business.
And its not too hard to build them, unless it gets harder as the game goes on. I played it a couple hours and probably talked to about 20 people, had 1 negative interaction with a person out of probably 100's and fucked a bunch of the bunnies. game got rather old fast. maybe it gets a little harder as time goes on but i found it to be like a "cant do anything wrong" sims game.
Old 02-24-05, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by TaTTooD
And its not too hard to build them, unless it gets harder as the game goes on. I played it a couple hours and probably talked to about 20 people, had 1 negative interaction with a person out of probably 100's and fucked a bunch of the bunnies. game got rather old fast. maybe it gets a little harder as time goes on but i found it to be like a "cant do anything wrong" sims game.
Ive played for a while now.....Ive had almost 3 years of magazines. The relationships do get a bit harder. Sometimes, someone just doesnt react well to you and you have to keep at it. It is frustrating sometimes.

But, the longer the game goes on, the more people you have to maintain relationships (girlfriends, friends, staff and so on).

It is one of those games that someone could play once and be satisfied, or you will get hooked and play for a long time.

It definately hooked me and I dont get hooked on games very easy.
Old 02-24-05, 08:02 AM

I'm assuming the more money you make the game will then allow you to have more additions to the mansion, throw bigger parties, and have more bit....ummm bunnies!
Yep....in freeform, you start out with $300K....that can go fast since it costs to hire a staff and throw parties. But, you get money with each magazine you release. The higher your circulation, the more money you make and rewards you get.