Reload this Page >

The Shield Season 3, for teh win.

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-23-05, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Season, great extras, only thing I didn't like were the individual DVD cases, I liked the folded cases of the previous seasons better. Definitely a must have though.
Old 02-23-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Great Season, great extras, only thing I didn't like were the individual DVD cases, I liked the folded cases of the previous seasons better. Definitely a must have though.
Ugh.....i completely disagree. I HATE Fox's folding cases. Especially, 24 Season 1 and Alien Quad.

The thin cases are wonderful! The protect each disk and do not fall apart.

Thumbs up for Fox changing from foldouts to thinpaks!

My only regret is that all the seasons did not have thinpaks.
Old 02-23-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do agree with you, but I enjoyed the artwork of the fold outs...
Old 02-23-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Looks like Fox finally listened. The foldouts were such a pain in the ass, and by the time you got to your ONE disc you wanted to view, ten minutes later, your arms were stretched out from coast to coast, looking like a freak to all your friends who wanted to come over and watch a few episodes.
Old 02-23-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
My only regret is that all the seasons did not have thinpaks.

I wish Fox would sell us new cases for a few bucks for the previous seasons. I'd love if all my season sets could come this way.
Old 02-23-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm just glad the seasons out so I could get all caught up before the new season in March. But having the sets match is the most important thing to me, whichever cases they are in!
Old 02-23-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm happy about the new cases and the amount of extras. I didn't care for this season as much as the first two but I'm hoping it will grow on me when I watch it again.
Old 02-25-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd buy the cases if they sold them. Better yet, why don't all studios sell replacement cases for old snappers and sliders. I hate making them myself...
Old 02-25-05, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now none of the packages are consistent. The first issue was textual: "The Complete First Season" vs. "Season 2". Now they change to thinpacks.

I actually love thinpacks for TV shows, but I wonder why the didn't go the route of The Commish and use the dual-thinpacks. The packaging would only be half as thick that way...
Old 02-25-05, 08:10 PM

I don't mind the change to thin-cases becasue when it's sitting on my shelf I can't tell the difference. What I do mind about the packaging change is that the slip-case no longer has a metallic/reflective look to it. The current slip-case is a flat image; it would have been much cooler, and more in line with the prior releases, if they had kept the metallic/reflective packaging.
Old 02-25-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
I found this to be the weakest of the three seasons. Still great acting, but the writing seemed to slip and there were too many radical changes of character, especially in Julian, Dutch and Aceveda.

As for the packaging, I like the thin packs more than I do the gatefolds. Although Penn & Teller's Bullshit! season 1 was a good fold-out and it was thin for storage. We won't talk about how poor season 2's packaging was by comparison.