Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Outer Limits disc on the way 06.21.05

From DVD Answers

Title: The Outer Limits
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 21st June 2005
SRP: $14.95 Each

Further Details
MGM Home Entertainment has announced four new volumes of the new The Outer Limits television series. Each will be available to own from the 21st June this year, and should retail at around $14.95 a piece. The Aliens Among Us Collection will include the episodes "Quality of Mercy", "Afterlife", "The Grell", "Relativity Theory", "Alien Shop" and "Beyond the Veil". Bonus material will include an "Aliens Among Us" documentary and a Creating "Quality of Mercy" featurette. The second set is entitled Fantastic Androids & Robots. This will include "I, Robot", "The Hunt", "Resurrection", "The Camp", "Glitch" and "Small Friends". The only extra will be a documentary entitled the "Fantastic Robots and Androids". The third set is called the Mutation & Transformation Collection, and will include "The New Breed", "Descent", "The Joining", "Double Helix", "The Gun" and "The Inheritors". This time the extra will be a "Mutation and Transformation" documentary. The last volume will be known as the Death & Beyond Collection. This one will include the following episodes: "The Second Soul", "The Other Side", "New Lease", "Essence of Life", "Human Trials" and "Black Box". A new "Death and Beyond" documentary will also be included as part of the set.

Also available from the 21st June will be The Outer Limits: The New Series Gift Set. This will package the above four volumes, along with the existing Sex & Science Fiction and Time Travel & Infinity collections. The retail price for this one has yet to be confirmed. We'll bring you the official package artwork for all of the above releases, just as soon as MGM makes it available to us. Make sure you stay tuned for that.
Old 02-21-05, 04:47 PM
Cool New Member

sweet deal

Very nice! MGM seems a bit slow on releasing the episodes from the new Outer Limits... I wonder if they'll eventually get around to releasing all 150 + episodes season by season??
Old 02-21-05, 04:51 PM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 02-21-05, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i assume its a rights issue with doing season sets...some actors and writers residuals would be expensive, and not cost effective for season sets
Old 02-21-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts
Not too sure about the mix of episodes. There are a few missing that seem like they should go on there. "Music of the Spheres" (with Kirstin Dunst) could've gone on either the "Aliens Among Us" or "Mutations" collections.

And there was a sequel to "Quality of Mercy," "The Light Brigade," that probably should've been on that disc, too. Still, we're fortunate to have the former.

"Think Like a Dinosaur" (based on the short story by James Patrick Kelly) also should've been included in the Aliens set.
Old 02-21-05, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!!! Been a long time since the first two sets came out. Looking forward to these!!

Take care all!!
Old 02-22-05, 12:23 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only buying season box sets. The show was of a very good quality that the average episode was good, so I want all the episodes. Also, the uncut versions shown on Showtime.
Old 02-22-05, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't decide whether or not to hold out for season sets. The ones they released in Canada are the syndicated versions (and aren't even full seasons, anyways). I'll probably pick these up and double dip if they ever do release full seasons.
Old 02-22-05, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Box art up at dvd answers