Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

C.S.I.: Season 1 Re-release! (merged w/ widescreen question)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

C.S.I.: Season 1 Re-release! (merged w/ widescreen question)

Old 02-21-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
C.S.I.: Season 1 Re-release!

From tvguide via tvshowsondvd.com:

While fans may not recall the first season as being very character-focused, (the February 27 edition of) TV Guide revealed the producers had originally planned to introduce an office romance as early as in the original "Pilot" for the show. In a scene that was filmed but never shown, Catherine (Willows) was apparently making out with Nick Stokes. This lost plot line will likely never be picked up again, but fans will finally be able to watch this deleted scene later this year. The magazine reported Paramount is currently planning to release a new version of the first-season DVD box set that will come with all-new bonus features not included on the original release.

Damnit. I only bought season 1 because I never thought in a million years they would re-release it. Probably one of only a few times I succomed and bought full-screen due to lack of a WS release. Despite my frustration, I hope they do this one right and put the anamorphic transfers on there.
Old 02-21-05, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oops. Wrong forum. Sorry. Already reported to mods.
Old 02-21-05, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt think the first season was filmed in ws.
Old 02-21-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

There were long discussions about it when it was first released. It was filmed in WS. tvshowsondvd even mentions it in the article.
Old 02-21-05, 08:44 AM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Interesting story about the scrapped plotline. I wonder how many episodes had scenes cut or if it was only the pilot.
Old 02-21-05, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will definitely be picking this up if it is OAR. I had been holding out on this one.
Old 02-21-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may have to erevisit this. I was in such a hurry to see this I got the Canadian Half Season Version.
Old 02-21-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Well there goes my first huge investment down the tubes. I'll have to really think if I will actually sit and watch all of the episodes/cases again and if it will really be worth the 65 plus dollars (again) that I'm sure they will be asking for it.
Old 02-21-05, 01:52 PM
Dai

Glad that I've held off on buying it!!
Old 02-21-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Well there goes my first huge investment down the tubes. I'll have to really think if I will actually sit and watch all of the episodes/cases again and if it will really be worth the 65 plus dollars (again) that I'm sure they will be asking for it.
Columbia House is the only way I will double dip.
Old 02-21-05, 02:56 PM

is this the first time a season has be re-released? i hope this doesnt start happening alot.
Old 02-21-05, 03:10 PM

Star Trek was re-released in season sets a few years after it had completed its two episode per disc, 40 disc run, but with substantial extras not originally included.

The Twilight Zone has recently begun releasing in season sets after two or three inferior releases.

"I Love Lucy" is re-releasing its first season to more closely match the subsequent season set releases.

"Sex and the City" is re-releasing its entire series with extras not originally included.

"Andromeda" and "Mutant X" continue to release multi-episode Volumes, only to be combined later as Season Sets at a reduced rate.
Old 02-21-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 637 Posts
Why did I have to open this thread? I just finished watching this set and was happy in my ignorance that it actually was filmed in WS.
Old 02-21-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now if only Columbia would rerelease The King of Queens in widescreen Id be a happy person (kinda irks me when the review on this site mentions its in its original TV aspect ratio of 4:3).
Old 02-21-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool, I've held off buying this due to it being in FS. There's no reason to think that they'll re-release it in FS, that would just be stupid.
Old 02-21-05, 11:03 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ditto on holding off on the purchase of this set, I never support FS versions. Here's to those who held out, I really do believe we do make a difference to the sales numbers of these dvd releases.
Old 02-21-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ENDContra
Now if only Columbia would rerelease The King of Queens in widescreen Id be a happy person (kinda irks me when the review on this site mentions its in its original TV aspect ratio of 4:3).
The King of Queens intended OAR isn't 4:3?
Old 02-22-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,370 Likes on 1,010 Posts
My wife and recently discovered CSI in reruns and really enjoy it, but I wonder about the rewatch factor. Do they hold up to repeated viewings? Otherwise I'll just program them on my DVR.

tks
Old 02-22-05, 02:01 PM

I tried rewatching some episodes when they were on Spike! Though I am a huge CSI fan, it doesn't really hold up to repeated viewings. I was suprised, as I thought i'd kept attention to the details since I knew who the killers are in each episode.
Old 02-22-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
The King of Queens intended OAR isn't 4:3?
Well its shown in 16:9 HDTV...I consider that to be OAR.

If for some reason thats not what was intended, then why bother doing it in HD in the first place, or why not do a dual release to appease me like they do with all the fullscreen releases of big movies.
Old 02-22-05, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom
My wife and recently discovered CSI in reruns and really enjoy it, but I wonder about the rewatch factor. Do they hold up to repeated viewings? Otherwise I'll just program them on my DVR.

tks
I'll buy the DVDs when I can't see the show on tv anymore. Right now...Spike is showing tons of episodes (most of which I have never seen) so there's no real need to buy the DVDs.
Old 02-23-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not a huge CSI fan, though I do like CSI:NY and NCIS (if you count that one) ..but I've seen one or two over the years and haven't picked up any seasons because I knew S1 wasn't widescreen when it could have been, but I'd pick it up if the re-release is WS..
Old 02-23-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by pdutta2000
I'll buy the DVDs when I can't see the show on tv anymore. Right now...Spike is showing tons of episodes (most of which I have never seen) so there's no real need to buy the DVDs.
That is on one side of the coin, on my side of the coin though, 16x9 and Dolby Digital win out over a standard broadcast signal any day in my book. Not to mention I can watch anytime and when I do, it is only 44 minutes of my time vs. 60. That time adds up!
Old 02-23-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Not to mention I can watch anytime and when I do, it is only 44 minutes of my time vs. 60. That time adds up!
I totally agree with the time savings. I hardly ever watch a show live now-a-days. I prefer to either buy it or record it on my DVR and fast forward through commercials.
Old 05-03-05, 07:27 PM

CSI season one in widescreeen ever?

Alright I did the search but couldn't find anything. I remember reading something about CSI season one being rereleased in widescreen like seasons 2-4. Has anyone hear od any updates?

Also, hasd anyone bought CSI: Miami? How does it look and sound? I would assume it's similar to CSI, but it's so much cheper for season sets it makes me wonder.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.