DVD Talk
Anyone know a REMEDY for getting rid of something stuck in your throat? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Anyone know a REMEDY for getting rid of something stuck in your throat?

Ravenous
02-21-05, 01:37 AM
This may sound odd, but last night at around 2 am I was watching the Matrix and eating some peanuts. Well I noticed that either a piece of peanut or one of the skins got stuck in the back of my throat and its been there since than. Ive had 3 meals, LOTS to drink and get get rid of this fucking thing in my throat. I tried swallowing bits of ice, chunks of food, anything heavy to dislodge it. I even tried sticking a licorice back there to see if I can wack it out and tried using that sprayer on the sink to shoot it out... yea its bothering me that much. Though my ideas didnt work, the outcome was damn hilarious. Coughing didnt work because whats lodged is below the cough radius. I dont think its a cut or anything because it doesnt hurt or burn when I eat something (like OJ, something else I tried). Anyway, Im damn near using that Dust Remover air can people use to spray their computers and stuff to see if I can get it with that, but does anyone have any ideas to help me out?

The Edit King
02-21-05, 02:07 AM
What about slowly swallowing a mouthful of peanut butter and or honey, and then a big hunk of bread?

Hope this helps, but if it doesn't I hope you find something ASAP!

COME ON EVERYONE! HELP THIS GUY OUT!!!

Kumar J
02-21-05, 02:11 AM
Go see a doctor fast.I had once fried fish and the fish bone got caugh on my throat.I tried so much water and even swallowing rice balls and finally went to the emergency ward and they doctor took it out in less than 3 minutes!I asked him about this and he said they get this stuck on the throat thing all the time and the best way was to come and see a doctor!So go faster and get it out.

glassdragon
02-21-05, 03:58 AM
it just sounds like a spot welded piece of peanut or shell.. It will eventually lodge itself loose i would imagine. If it's actually in your throat though i would also go see a doctor. You don't want that unlodging while you sleep on your back and choking you while you sleep.

Jackskeleton
02-21-05, 04:33 AM
heimlich maneuver

j123vt_99
02-21-05, 07:48 AM
(not recommending this), but if you induced vomit, you would get it on the way up...

SFranke
02-21-05, 08:13 AM
If you have a canister vacuum, put the tube in your mouth and turn it on. Take it out before your lungs collapse.

skiblet
02-21-05, 08:45 AM
this happened to me once. i was eating rice, and a very sharp piece of rice, sort of like a spinter, decided to lodge itself in the back part of my throat.

What i did was rig up some cotton on the end of a stick, and just swabbed it and loosened it,a nd then i finally got it out gargaling salt water i think.

Dont stick anything back there thats sharp! like a sword, or a medieval lance. thats too dangerous.

Buford T Pusser
02-21-05, 10:02 AM
Once you release the pressure the swelling will subside and the object can be extracted.

Hope this helps.

I've had food get stuck before and it wasn't fun.

TNDave
02-21-05, 11:40 AM
I've had something similar happen to me. Eat a big mouthful of bread and/or crackers. That worked for me!

Dave

Buford T Pusser
02-21-05, 02:43 PM
Whenever I eat angel food cake I have a problem.

costanza
02-21-05, 03:42 PM
http://img198.exs.cx/img198/3563/spicy1ql.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
want some ketchup and mustard? that helped us!

Tarantino
02-21-05, 05:30 PM
<b>There's a pubic hair stuck in my throat!</b>

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/fahrenheit_9_11/larry_david/fahrscreend.jpg

Ravenous
02-21-05, 09:59 PM
Well, I tried alot of these ideas cuase alot of them sounded great... but none worked :( I thought for sure the bread/crackers and or honey/PB, but nothing helped. It felt like it at first but than I feel it right away again. It kept me up all last night and I got about 4 hours of sleep (Im very irritable and hate anything making noises or making me uncomfortable when I sleep). The weird thing is, it feels like its moving around sometimes. Sometimes its lower in my throat, than near the tounge where I think I can reach in and grab it or cough it out. But nothing happens.

Dear god this is driving me insane!

vaporware
02-21-05, 10:07 PM
<b>There's a pubic hair stuck in my throat!</b>

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/fahrenheit_9_11/larry_david/fahrscreend.jpg

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title. :lol:

Squirrel God
02-21-05, 10:42 PM
Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title. :lol:
Ditto :lol: