Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rolling Stones "Let's Spend The Night Together" on DVD soon??

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-05, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if these great live concert will be released anytime soon legitimately on DVD? Thanks!
Old 02-20-05, 09:11 PM

Anyone?
Old 02-20-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
two hour bump...you really want this one...

no news as of yet....i have a feeling they are saving it for a cross promotion with a new album, or tour...who knows
Old 02-20-05, 10:29 PM

Just one of the many that I really want. There are so many great concerts that have not been given proper DVD treatment. The 81 Journey Houston concert, the Police Synchronicity concert, the Billy Joel 1983 Long Island concert, both of the later Pink Floyd shows, all of the older Rush concerts, Jimmy Buffett live by the Bay, The Who 1982 show, The Cars Houston 1984 concert, the Van Halen 1983 US Music Festival show, the No Nukes concert, Concert for Bangladesh, many of the great unplugged concerts, Old Grey Whistle Test shows, Austin City Limits concerts, many Musikladen shows, Don Kirshner's Rock Concerts,..... the list goes on and on. I know the demand for these is huge and I don't understand why many of them are still sold on VHS and no DVD news about them whatsoever. Seems like a license to print money to me.
Old 02-21-05, 09:41 AM

"Let's Spend the Night Together" is available as a region 0 dvd on the site impulsemusic.com. Don't know anything about the specs, or sound or audio quality. And apparently it's a legit release, not a bootleg. About a year ago a friend told me it was available as a region free dvd but, except for this one site, I don't know who else offers it, but if you look around some...
Old 02-21-05, 12:41 PM

Yes I'm aware of the region 0 versions, but I'm hoping to get a cleaned up US release soon. You have to shell out at least $25 generally from these sites or ebay for region 0 imports.
Old 02-21-05, 06:02 PM

I'm really hoping they give a proper DVD release for "Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones." The stones in their absolute prime w/ Mick taylor on lead guitar. the film shows them on their legendary 1972 tour in support of exile on Main Street. The concerts are from Oakland and somewhere else I forget. they do a mind blowing version of Midnight Rambler as well Bitch, Gimme Shelter, and Sweet Virginia.
Old 02-21-05, 07:07 PM

That would rock! I'd also like an all-music version of the 'Gimme Shelter' movie.
Old 02-23-05, 02:43 AM

actually, I don't know if you've seen it but there exists a killer bootleg of the '81 tour from hampton Roads virginia near the end of the tour. It was done for HBO and is Keith's birthday. Someone jumps on stage for their encore and Keith nearly takes his head w/ his guitar. It was directed by Hal Ashby who directed Let's Spend the Night Together. I actually prefer this bootleg because it's the whole concert, and they were definitely on that night.
Old 02-23-05, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dog Doc
actually, I don't know if you've seen it but there exists a killer bootleg of the '81 tour from hampton Roads virginia near the end of the tour. It was done for HBO and is Keith's birthday. Someone jumps on stage for their encore and Keith nearly takes his head w/ his guitar. It was directed by Hal Ashby who directed Let's Spend the Night Together. I actually prefer this bootleg because it's the whole concert, and they were definitely on that night.
I actually went to one of the shows at the Capitol Center in 81 so probably only missed that particular show by a day or two. I'll keep an eye out for that one. Maybe they'll officially release it someday. I wonder if anyone videotaped the 73 Brussels show that King Biscuit recorded? The audio is fantastic for that show.