Reload this Page >

WWE new releases?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WWE new releases?

Old 02-20-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
WWE new releases?

Besides the 2005 Royal Rumble-what else is coming out in the near future?Any word of a Bret Hart dvd?Will they be coming out with another Hall-of-Fame dvd?
Old 02-20-05, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You already asked about the Bret Hart DVD months ago and no one knew anything then. Trust me, if concrete rumors or plans for such a DVD ever surface, it will definitely get a thread. Until then, there's no need to ask the same question.

People also usually post upcoming releases when they're announced.
Old 02-20-05, 05:34 PM

any news on a sable unleashed dvd?
Old 02-20-05, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
What about R2 releases of older WWE PPV's.Anyone have a list of what has been released?
Old 02-20-05, 06:42 PM

yes
2 new wwe dvds to hit both pal and ntsc are:
WWE Tough Enough 2004
WWE Viva Las Divas of the WWE

As for the old tagged classics..

Fab Four & One Night Only just came out and
WM 5/6 and Rumble 93/94 and KOTR 95/96 are all up for pre order!
Old 02-20-05, 06:46 PM

How come America don't get the old ppv's on dvd like England does? The tagged classics is what I am talking about.
Old 02-20-05, 07:04 PM

I agree. It seems like everytime there's a WWE topic on here, I always complain about the lack of old events here in the US. Why won't Sony and the WWE change this for once.
Old 02-20-05, 07:51 PM

They've talked to Bret Hart about a DVD set and both sides want it...but there's some issues from the past to work out that will have to be addressed on the DVD. They're all talking...so that's a start.

There will be a Hall of Fame DVD for the inductions this year too. Since Roddy Piper is being inducted there's talk they're working on a DVD of him as well. It might be the old Best of Roddy Piper video that Coliseum Home Video released in the 80s. I'd love to see that Coliseum Home Video put on DVD...but Piper really deserves a 3 (actually more) disc set.
Old 02-20-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CaseyB
There will be a Hall of Fame DVD for the inductions this year too. Since Roddy Piper is being inducted there's talk they're working on a DVD of him as well. It might be the old Best of Roddy Piper video that Coliseum Home Video released in the 80s. I'd love to see that Coliseum Home Video put on DVD...but Piper really deserves a 3 (actually more) disc set.
I dunno. Piper was killer on the mic, but I don't know if I could think of three discs worth of stuff I'd want of him, outside of his promos and select matches.
Old 02-20-05, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Al Padrino
I dunno. Piper was killer on the mic, but I don't know if I could think of three discs worth of stuff I'd want of him, outside of his promos and select matches.
Come on, Al...I have an old tape that's 6 hours....and it was easily filled with Piper's Pit segments. I'd like all the Pits...and you could include some of his famous feuds with Hogan, Orndorff, Snuka, etc. I liked him in his heel days...I could do without him as a face...although he still had some cool matches with Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart and some others. I guess I'm a little bias...I've always been a big Piper fan...and I met him when he did a book signing here a few years ago...and he was a hell of a nice guy.
Old 02-20-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Piper had great feuds with Bret Hart, Adrian Adonis, and Greg Valentine that would make an awesome DVD alone, even without the Piper's Pit stuff...he really needs at least a 2-discer.
Old 02-20-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't call his program with Bret Hart a feud, since it was regulated to one match and didn't have a ton of build-up. It'd be a match I'd include in a set, though.

His feud with Hogan was stellar, but most of their matches were more or less the same and one of their high profile matches is already available elsewhere on DVD (the Hogan DVD).

The only feud he was a part of as a face that I'd like to see some matches from is his program with Rick Rude.

He had some excellent programs with others as a heel, but I still can't think of a ton of his matches I'd like to have on DVD. Few were better than him on the mike and he had great charisma, but I was never a huge fan of his in-ring stuff.
Old 02-21-05, 12:59 AM

Many of the current "heels" should take a look at Piper's promos during his great heel days. People really hated him and wanted to see him get his ass kicked. That's one of the things that lack in the current product...the heels all throw in comedy and many of the lines are written for them. Then again the days of kayfabe are gone...so I guess even if someone did intense interviews and didn't do comedy...they'd look like a fish out of water.
Old 02-21-05, 01:06 AM

By the way...I forget which Piper/Hogan match is on the Hogan set...I think it's the one match from the Wrestling Classic show...but one that would be great to see is the War To Settle The Score at MSG...that's what set up the first WrestleMania....Piper and Orndorff attacked Hogan...Cindy Lauper got on the apron and Piper knocked her hat off...which led to Mr. T coming in and getting beat down too...and then tons of security and NYPD were in the ring separating everyone....CLASSIC! That would be a great extra on a 2 disc WM 1 set.
Old 02-21-05, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Since most fans know him through his time in the WWF I'm sure the majority of a Piper disc/set would be WWF footage, but I hope they will include some of his stay in the Mid-Atlantic and Georgia Championship Wrestling areas since they own that footage.
Old 02-21-05, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts
Just don't include the match with Bad News Brown where Piper painted himself half black.
Old 02-21-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Piper/Hogan match is the one from the Wrestling Classic show.
Old 02-21-05, 02:50 PM

I've been a Roddy Piper fan for many years and would purchase a Piper Dvd set without thinking twice about it. I was happy to hear that he will be inducted into the Hall Of Fame, and i would love to see him back on Raw or Smackdown..both shows need a "reality check" and Piper would be just the one to liven things up.
Old 02-21-05, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bodomnet
yes
2 new wwe dvds to hit both pal and ntsc are:
WWE Tough Enough 2004
WWE Viva Las Divas of the WWE

As for the old tagged classics..

Fab Four & One Night Only just came out and
WM 5/6 and Rumble 93/94 and KOTR 95/96 are all up for pre order!
Where are these up for pre-order?
Old 02-21-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A Piper set would not be complete without his chain match with Greg Valentine at Starrcade 83.
Old 02-21-05, 06:27 PM

I don't know how much of the Mid-Atlantic they have...sadly, much of that was taped over in those days. How could I forget about the feuds he had with Ric Flair in Mid-Atlantic and the WWF...add that stuff on the DVD too. Maybe Vince could work out a deal to get some of his Portland wrestling footage too. Has anyone seen that interview from Portland where Piper is next to Rick Martel and breaks a beer bottle over his head? With blood running down his face he continued the interview.
Old 02-21-05, 07:54 PM

On the Tagged Classics, are the shows the Coliseum Home Video versions (typically clipped to 2 hours) or are they the full PPV versions?

I ask this because I have a lot of these on VHS and would love to upgrade if it meant I could get the unclipped versions of some shows, such as Survivor Series 1987.
Old 02-22-05, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CaseyB
I don't know how much of the Mid-Atlantic they have...sadly, much of that was taped over in those days.
Although I don't think they have ever said exactly how far back the Mid-Atlantic footage goes, I would venture to guess at least 1981 since they have shown some clips from that time on dvd releases. The more MA footage they show the merrier but as long as they include all of the buildup to the Starrcade 83 dog collar match, I'll be happy.
Old 02-22-05, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by bahgee
Where are these up for pre-order?
www.silvervision.co.uk
Old 02-22-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe they're clipped.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.