Reload this Page >

The Crow: Wicked Prayer...a little news

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-18-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First news I had seen. Thought someone would want to see this...

From VideoETA

Year: 2005
On Video: Estimated for July 2005
Starring: Edward Furlong
Tara Reid
Dennis Hopper
David Bowie

Genre: Action
Suspense
Synopsis: The fourth movie in The Crow franchise. When Jimmy Cuervo - an ex-convict trying to get his life back in order - and his girlfriend are murdered by a local gang, Cuervo returns as an immortal vigilante to exact revenge on his killer.
Rating: Not Rated
Studio: Dimension

Brandon Lee is the best crow...eddie furlong is a junkie....T3 was ruined without him....now that all of that is out of the way....enjoy
Old 02-18-05, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it straight to DVD or something?
This is the DVD talk.
Old 02-18-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by blindrocket
This is the DVD talk.
thats the word so far...no theatrical dates anywhere...
Old 02-18-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
It was originally sceduled for Feb theatrical. I guess they canned it for a dvd release. From what I read it had some good buzz around it. That is a shame, this franchise could use a kick start.
Old 02-19-05, 12:31 AM

hmm i never watched any of the other films

the first crow is the only crow heh
Old 02-19-05, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I read that the this was going to be given a Theatrical release because Tara Reid and DAvid Boreanaz where in the news alot when it was being made (around this time last year, when the angel cancellation was announced) but since, the hype has gone down...
Old 02-19-05, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by blindrocket
This is the DVD talk.
Well what the guy posted DID say On Video: Estimated for July 2005 . So I think that will qualify as DVD talk.

The first Crow was great, the second had its moments but was kinda bleh. I thought the third Crow movie was pretty under-rated. It was pretty cool.
Old 02-19-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

iam hoping for a box for all the movies including this one.
Old 02-19-05, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I want a Stairway to heaven release.
Old 02-19-05, 09:47 AM
Banned

Brandon Lee is the ONLY Crow. Period.
Old 02-19-05, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I want a Stairway to heaven release.
Yeah me too. From the episodes I remember seeing, it seemed like the show took moments from the original movie and expanded them to a full hour episode.
Old 02-19-05, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by animatedude
iam hoping for a box for all the movies including this one.
I just hope they make this DVD a "Dimension Collector's Series" release to match the already available box set of the first three films.
Old 02-19-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just hope they make this DVD a "Dimension Collector's Series" release to match the already available box set of the first three films.
Since Dimension (and Miramax) never really did anything with that "series" (similar to how Universal has stopped with it's "Collector's Edition" line and Fox with it's "Five Star Collection"), I don't think they'll give the DVD that title.

While I am interested in seeing the flick, I'd rather see the original Crow: SE (with Proyas commentary and original documentary in tact) along with a release of Stairway to Heaven.

Last edited by Matthew Chmiel; 02-19-05 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-19-05, 02:04 PM
Cool New Member

My only hope for this is that it's based on a novel written by a friend of mine, Norman Partridge, and the novel is very good. Much better than most of the media tie-in crap you see.
Old 02-19-05, 02:18 PM
Suspended

Thanks for the update, been waiting a long time for this one ... straight to dvd sucks, but I'll take it over nothing!
Old 02-19-05, 03:15 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone seen a preview? I can't seem to track one down.
Old 02-19-05, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crow331
Thanks for the update, been waiting a long time for this one ... straight to dvd sucks, but I'll take it over nothing!
While the "straight to video" mantra usually has a negative connotation, I gotta say that the "straight to DVD" label isn't all that bad, considering the dreck that actually gets released to the theaters. Technically speaking, every new movie I get these days could be considered straight to DVD because I don't bother going to the theaters anymore, so they're all straight to DVD for me...or as everyone else says..."blind buys".

In fact, I'd rather have all of these B-type movies go straight to DVD because that means that it cuts out that theatrical to DVD turn-around time. Know what I mean, Vern?
Old 02-19-05, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Since Dimension (and Dimension) never really did anything with that "series" (similar to how Universal has stopped with it's "Collector's Edition" line and Fox with it's "Five Star Collection"), I don't think they'll give the DVD that title.

While I am interested in seeing the flick, I'd rather see the original Crow: SE (with Proyas commentary and original documentary in tact) along with a release of Stairway to Heaven.
Yeah they ruined what could have been a great Crow:SE. Studio politics. Some deleted scenes with the Skull Cowboy would be cool to see as well. Plus, I read a while back that they had days and days of behind the scenes footage that could make a great documentary. Probably like the one on I, Robot.
Old 02-20-05, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't expecting this to make it to theatres at all. I knew it was planned for it, but I pretty much knew it would go straight to DVD. I mean, the third one never made it to theatres either. How could we really expect the fourth to? Come to think of it, the second one was only in theatres for like 2 weeks around here. I will probably pick it up when it's released, or at least rent it. Obviously, the first is the best, but I must admit I own all of them thusfar (and have only actually watched the third, twice, on DVD).

K
Old 02-20-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,645 Likes on 1,831 Posts
Originally Posted by Cornelius1047
I wasn't expecting this to make it to theatres at all. I knew it was planned for it, but I pretty much knew it would go straight to DVD. I mean, the third one never made it to theatres either. How could we really expect the fourth to?
The third one had a very limited theatrical release; I think it only played in Seattle or something. Pretty much just one step above a test-screening. But for all intents and purposes, it was a direct-to-video release.

I can't really think of any franchise that went direct-to-video and then had an installment recieve a theatrical release.
Old 02-20-05, 02:45 PM
Suspended

Universal Soldier 2 and 3 when straight to video without Jean Claude Van Damme ... Universal Soldier: The Return (Part 4) made it back to theaters WITH Van Damme, but unless they plan on resurrecting Brandon Lee, all future Crows will probably go straight to dvd.

By the way, I saw Crow 3 in theaters but it was a special screening in San Diego during the San Diego Comicon weekend years ago.
Old 02-20-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Whatever happened to the Hong Kong version where there was supposed to be a girl version of the Crow? That sounded more interesting than this.
Old 02-20-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Cornelius1047
I wasn't expecting this to make it to theatres at all. I knew it was planned for it, but I pretty much knew it would go straight to DVD. I mean, the third one never made it to theatres either. How could we really expect the fourth to?

K
well, 3 didn't have any stars. Wicked prayer has a few that they could have marketed it on.
Old 02-20-05, 05:39 PM
Banned

well, 3 didn't have any stars. Wicked prayer has a few that they could have marketed it on.
Well, it had the then unknown Eric Mabius, who is now a semi-regular on "The L-Word".
Old 02-20-05, 06:08 PM

Well, actually...

Some deleted scenes with the Skull Cowboy would be cool to see as well. Plus, I read a while back that they had days and days of behind the scenes footage that could make a great documentary. Probably like the one on I, Robot.
Quite a few of the Skull Cowboy scenes popped up on the PC tie-in to the film. It also included a James O' Barr sketch book that had a copy of his Iggy Pop painting I have hanging in my living room. And there was an 8 hour doc. put together with TONS of on the set interviews and deleted scenes, but it's never been made public.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.