Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Police Story Trilogy'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-05, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Joshua Zyber's DVD review of Police Story Trilogy at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=14512 and, well...

I own this set and think Fortune Star did a good job overall - especially relative to the general quality of eastern DVDs (which is improving). This may be the best presentation yet of these classics.

The only thing I want to add is that the original mono audio track for "Police Story" is actually entirely out of sync by a few frames. Dialogue, even though dubbed, is worse than usual and sound fx are clearly late. It looks like the entire track "slid" backwards by a few frames somehow during the prep for this disc. I do not care for the remixed tracks for this film as the sound fx sound unnatural, but at least everything is in syc. The original audio tracks for the other 2 films seem to be fine.

I don't want to deter anyone from purchasing this set; my profession makes me very sensative to these types of problems.
Old 02-18-05, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts
I did mention in my review that "the dialogue has even more sync issues than the new remix", but I will add an edit that the sound effects are off too.