Reload this Page >

Which rocky collection is this ?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-17-05, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how many rocky collections are there ??
the newer one is tghe rockey anthology ? the one i have i got a long time ago .. the whole case is red with rocky on it . ?
this is R1 im talking about .. and also wut is new in the anthology ?
Old 02-17-05, 04:45 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Two: the new ROCKY ANTHOLOGY and the older ROCKY boxed set; the new one features all remastered anamorphic transfers, whereas the first box was a hodgepodge of poor 4:3 widescreen and 16:9 enhanced widescreen transfers. The first movie in the ANTHOLOGY features a new DTS 5.1 track (which many people seem to think is lackluster), but drops virtually all (save the trailer) of the bonus features on the ROCKY: Special Edition disc found in the original boxed set. So it boils down to this--if you want to maximize your ROCKY experience, buy the ANTHOLOGY for the new anamorphic transfers and then make a separate purchase of the Special Edition release of the first film for the ample extras.
Old 02-17-05, 04:57 PM

Thank you
Old 03-01-05, 02:43 PM

one more question .. i saw some pics of people's dvd collections and one of them had a rocky anthology but the case was light brown .. is that a different region ?
Old 03-01-05, 02:48 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess so, because neither the old box, nor the new one, is brown in R1. The tiny pic of the R2 box at www.dvdaficionado.com looks like it has brown highlights...
Old 03-01-05, 03:00 PM

yeap thats the one .. thanks