Judd Harris
Anwar Robinson
Mario Vasquez
Harold "Bo" Bice
Costantine Maroulis
Joe Murena
Jared Yates
Osbourne "Nikko" Smith

Was a very perdictable show, the only suprise was Crum, the 16 year old who's emotionally unstable. I'm not a girl, so maybe that's normal, hell if i know.

With that said, we knew all the people we were going to the top 24, fox pimped all those people with the air-time. Hell, 20 out of the 24 we know, cause we've seen them non-stop. There was maybe 4 people who'd never seen before make it. That's why the 16 year old was suprising.

So next week starts the real competition. It's time to make your final 12. If you don't know, for the next 3 weeks there will be guys/monday girls/tuesday with wednesday the votes. Each week 2 will be kicked off from each group until we get to the final 12. Once we get there, it's 100% open, let the best man or woman (which isn't going to happen) win.

It's easy with the guys, the top 6 are set in stone, unless one guy jumps out of nowhere.

Guys:
Mario
Anwar
Scott
Anthony
David
Constatine

Girls are different, it's a very weak crop. Lindsey, Vonzell, Mikalah (blah), Carrie are by far the best. Other than that, who cares, the first 2 will be voted out anyways.

Girls:
Carrie
Lindsey
Vonzell
Mikalah
Janay
???? --- somebody will jump out
Old 02-17-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikalah Gordon
Celena Rae
David Brown
Costantine Maroulis

are my final four to date...things can definately change though.

this show is so funny to me. i like to watch it but hate the music they sing after they win (i hate most of the stuff they are singing except the "oldies")
Old 02-17-05, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Caliking
Mikalah Gordon
Celena Rae
David Brown
Costantine Maroulis

are my final four to date...things can definately change though.

this show is so funny to me. i like to watch it but hate the music they sing after they win (i hate most of the stuff they are singing except the "oldies")
Celena Rae??? Interesting, i'll have to torrent the ep just to check her out again. I've seen her, but she just isn't that good. She isn't one that we've seen many times on the show.

But you're dead wrong even with your choice, if u don't think Carrie Underwood won't be the final girl standing over those 2, you're mistaken. She has the story and the dumb farm girl personality to make it. Her, Lindsey/Vonzell are better than her.
Old 02-17-05, 12:51 AM
Banned

amanda avila....that's her name. I knew she would make it. If you haven't seen her yet, your in for a real treat. Best looking girl I have ever seen on American Idol, plus a nice voice.

Mario Vasquez is my favorite so far. Not only can he sing well, but he has such great control over his voice, unlike many of the black singers who try and do too many licks(what was up with that guy who just killed my favorite Brian McKnight tune "One Last Cry"....he was horrible)
I really liked that one guy who sang, "I Left my heart in San Fransico" during the auditions. What a damn shame he didn't make it.

Last edited by Dalvin; 02-17-05 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-17-05, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My early season pick is still Fedorov.

Mikalah reminds me of a cross between Minnie Driver and Barbra Streisand.

Can't believe AI is milking another 3 weeks before getting to the final 12. Sheesh!
Old 02-17-05, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I think it was VERY obvious from last night's show that "Image" had a big factor in selecting those who made the final cut, rather than singing talent - unless someones voice was far above average (i.e. "Hillbilly Boy"), chances are if you didn't have the kind of looks that would make young girls/young boys go wild, you were getting the ax.

Example: J.P. (the heavy set fellow) - that's the kind of guy voters would have put in the final four...I think the judges knew this and voted him off for that reason. "Hillbilly Boy" (sorry, I forget his name!) has an equally good voice, but no personality whatsoever, so the judges weren't worried about sending him on...because they know the chances of him getting enough votes to make it to the end are slim.

On the other hand, I'm glad they got rid of several of the "diva"-types and "drama queens"...I was tired of listening to some of them bitch and moan about how this was all they had in their life!
Old 02-17-05, 06:47 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Mikalah reminds me of a cross between Minnie Driver and Barbra Streisand.
HFC! How right you are!!!!
Old 02-17-05, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are they not bringing back alternates (or whatever they called them) this year? Last season each judge got to pick one person I think that was previously eliminated and put them back in the competition.
Old 02-17-05, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
"Hillbilly Boy" (sorry, I forget his name!)
Please get it right, his name is Shitkicking Inbred Hillbilly Boy.

I developed a strong hatred for Perky Cheerleader last night. That non-stop excited babbling was so absolutely phony it made me cringe. Ugh.

Trachea With Glasses will likely make it into the final 12. He's got a good look, and he has the "pipes" as Randy would say.

I was totally wrong about how they were getting to the finalists, I thought it would be 8 per show with 3 being voted in, and 3 wildcards at the end.

When Blond Crybaby (nicknames are much more fun ) was eliminated, I was surprised. However I was even more surprised when I saw the schnozz on her mother. Woof! I thought Dorothy was going to drop a house on her.
Old 02-17-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xx2000xx
Celena Rae??? Interesting, i'll have to torrent the ep just to check her out again. I've seen her, but she just isn't that good. She isn't one that we've seen many times on the show.

But you're dead wrong even with your choice, if u don't think Carrie Underwood won't be the final girl standing over those 2, you're mistaken. She has the story and the dumb farm girl personality to make it. Her, Lindsey/Vonzell are better than her.

you may be right about carrie but i cant stand her. these were my picks to date. i cant stand her style of singing...its too bland for me. ive heard it way too much before. i dont think any of the females are all that great so personality played some role for this decision...i like those two girls the best right now (voice and personality combined). i agree that vonzell is probably more powerful, etc but she just isn't my type of singer...again, i have heard it too much before.

like i said, i would never listen to the music they will most likely be singing after they win so in reality i could care less...just fun to watch the competition i guess.

the guys are very strong this year.
Old 02-17-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was confident about Constantine, but pleasantly surprised Bo moved on. Go rockers!

Travis' smug "Sorry, Warren(?)" when Randy revealed the results (in that very cruel manner) means I will never vote for him.
Old 02-17-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Example: J.P. (the heavy set fellow) - that's the kind of guy voters would have put in the final four...I think the judges knew this and voted him off for that reason.
What about the fact that when given a chance to hang with team guido, JP sat around and didn't practice until the day of the group singing. (If this is your one big chance, why aren't you taking it seriously and practicing). Then they all proceeded to forget large chunks of the words. JP looked nervous and forgot all his words during the group singing. I am GLAD they cut all three of these guys. In his single performance, he sounded winded and slightly off to me. I am surprised they cut him for some people we never saw previously but I am glad he is gone. He just seemed too nervous for the competition.
I also hate the quota for gender. They are really trying hard for a male winner this time (read mario or Anthony).
Old 02-17-05, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm will probably watch the rest of this show to see how far will Scott Savol go.

I think in the ladies side, there's a lot of attractive ladies but talent wise, they are below the guys.
Old 02-17-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by johnglass
Are they not bringing back alternates (or whatever they called them) this year? Last season each judge got to pick one person I think that was previously eliminated and put them back in the competition.
The alternates are chosen from those who are eliminated FROM THIS POINT FOREWARD (with a RARE exception)
Old 02-17-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it just me, or does Mario remind you of a cross between Monk and Fez?
Old 02-17-05, 04:55 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think they've handled the 'preseason' part of the show muchmuch better this year. Last year by the time we reached the top 12 I barely remembered half the people. This season we have 24 people and I easily recognize most of them. They stressed the losers WAAAY too hard last year.

Originally Posted by Patman
Can't believe AI is milking another 3 weeks before getting to the final 12. Sheesh!
It's still a lot better than the previous seasons, where the 'midseason' (between the Hollywood and final 12 portions) lasted 5 weeks. Four weeks of 9-person groups, followed by the wild card week.
Old 02-17-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
It's still a lot better than the previous seasons, where the 'midseason' (between the Hollywood and final 12 portions) lasted 5 weeks. Four weeks of 9-person groups, followed by the wild card week.
I read somewhere that this is the reason why they changed it.

Chosen finalists from the first group wouldn't be on TV again until a month later. They want to keep all the faces (of the finalists) fresh, so that's why they will all be getting airtime each week.
Old 02-17-05, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Nabalab
I read somewhere that this is the reason why they changed it.

Chosen finalists from the first group wouldn't be on TV again until a month later. They want to keep all the faces (of the finalists) fresh, so that's why they will all be getting airtime each week.
that and the fact that they want to use AI three times a week (MTuW) to hammer the other networks into submission. Guess we won't be seeing the swan3 on Monday night - great lead in to 24 however. Milk this ratings cow until the till is empty.
Old 02-17-05, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, when you have 10 hours of prime time programming from M-F, and 3 hours are AI, that's milking the audience.
Old 02-17-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Narrowing it down to 10 and without hearing their voice enough to really tell, but going by image and voice so far....here are my picks:

Girls
Mikalah Gordon
Vonzell Solomon
Carrie Underwood
Lindsey Cardinale
Amanda Avila

Boys
Travis Tucker
Scott Savol
Anthony Federov
Anwar Robinson
Mario Vasquez
Old 02-17-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My top 5 are all guys so far:

1.Scott Savol
2.David Brown
3.Mario Vazquez
4.Anthony Fedorov
5.Anwar Robinson
6.Constantine/Carrie/Lindsey/Vonzell

I think Mikalah's personality is going to grate on the public pretty fast.

3 of the last 24 are from FL, most of any state along with LA .
Old 02-17-05, 11:06 PM
Banned

I like Bo Bice, but Constantine comes off as too sure of himself. I don't like him.
Old 02-18-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Read an interesting bit from zap2it:

As the race is set to begin, now is also the time to keep an eye on the contestants' names. This is the point in the show at which Tiffany Montgomery became Ryan Starr and Lashundra Cobbins became Trenyce and Leah Vladowski became Leah Labelle. By Wednesday's show, Osbourne Smith Jr., son of legendary flipping shortstop Ozzie, had decided he'd rather be known as Nikko, but more changes are always possible.
Old 02-18-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Pics of final 24 if you need help matching names to faces

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

Carrie
http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/carrie_underwood/
Old 02-19-05, 07:46 AM

Next week we can vote, then let's do this.

Last edited by xx2000xx; 02-19-05 at 09:12 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.