Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol - 2/15/05 Down to 44

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
American Idol - 2/15/05 Down to 44

Unless you were tone deaf, it was pretty easy to figure out which of the groups were going through.

I was glad we wouldn't be subjected to Asia the chipmunk anymore.

Larry was in denial if he though his final performance was good enough to go through.

Tomorrow - down to 24.

Last edited by Patman; 02-16-05 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-15-05, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the anger and denial the contestants go through after they've been eliminated. How did that little chipmunk make it this far with that voice?

Hat Crooner is gone.
Church Dreadlocks is still there.
Too Perky Girl is still there.
and of course, my favorite.....

Shitkicking Inbred Halfwit Hillbilly Boy is still there! Will he make the final judges' cut?
Old 02-15-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like this year the guys are gonna reign supreme over the girls based on those auditions. There are some really good singers. Little disappointed red head crooner didn't make it, but he basically killed himself with that jazz song. So far it looks like I'm rooting for a lot more people this year than last. Better personalities and singers. Hopefully it stays that way when they cut it down to 24.
Old 02-16-05, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Did Asia think she was Michael Jackson reincarnated or something? She was trying so hard to be him, I thought she was a boy when I first saw her. So glad she's gone from the competition, and as a bonus, we won't ever have to hear from her mom again.
Old 02-16-05, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Asia, or Aa'shia, however she wants to spell her name, only impressed me when she did her rap on the first audition. They really should've told her to drop the Michael Jackson impression.

I don't know what that guy was thinking when he decided to do scat. Too bad because I liked what I heard from him before that.

It was pretty obvious that room 2 was the top group, though I was surprised to see Constantine, the rocker dude, in that group. I would've liked to have seen his performance. So far Mario Vasquez is my favorite. It took balls to go up there with Bohemian Rhapsody. I wanted to hear more to see how far they'd make him go with it

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango
Old 02-16-05, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Room 4 is pretty strong as well. My early fave is Fedorov.
Old 02-16-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about little Da Brat..... LOLOL " she didnt eat from a silver spoon..... but i am rich:"
Old 02-16-05, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
how about little Da Brat..... LOLOL " she didnt eat from a silver spoon..... but i am rich:"
You know after watching this season's Surreal Life, I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. Her dress style was way too Saved By the Bell to me, not to mention her attitude was just crappy. Her mother was clearly a pain in the ass too and just as accountable for the way the kid presented herself as Aa'shia was (in fact the mother should be slapped just for naming the kid Aa'shia).

Too bad about the guy that did scat - he could have really rocked "You Can Feel It All Over" if he'd just sung the bridge instead of vocalizing the sax solo.

IMO This will be a much more interesting season than last...
Old 02-16-05, 08:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Another Simon-free episode? What are they THINKING?

Anybody else getting tired of the schtick where they psyche-out the people who aren't eliminated and make them think they are?
Old 02-16-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I'm not really tired of it.............................................................being the opposite of what i'm going to say. Booh yah, you're going to hollywood!
Old 02-16-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Now let me get this straight about Wednesday's show...they are cutting it down to 24 without anyone even getting to sing again? Then why not just cut it down to 24 on Tuesday's show? Why make those 20 kids that they know are going to be cut suffer another day? Seems like a silly way to stretch out another episode.
Old 02-16-05, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Why make those 20 kids that they know are going to be cut suffer another day?
It's worse than that...they have to wait 3 weeks to find out their fates.
Old 02-16-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Why the hell is Cuffs Mcgee (the twin) still in the competition?
Old 02-16-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dunno, he can't sing w/r/t the rest of the field. Maybe they got his mixed up with Larry (the whiner from group 3 who couldn't believe he got shown the door).
Old 02-16-05, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by collven
Did Asia think she was Michael Jackson reincarnated or something? She was trying so hard to be him, I thought she was a boy when I first saw her. So glad she's gone from the competition, and as a bonus, we won't ever have to hear from her mom again.
Wow, her voice was killing me! But I don't remember seeing her until last night. That was the first time I'd seen her. Did they show her first audition before? She definitely had the chipmunk voice, like someone else mentioned. And to her mom being gone. Yoi.
Old 02-16-05, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
It's worse than that...they have to wait 3 weeks to find out their fates.
So they wait 3 weeks, while the judges review them in tapes... and we wait one night for the results? Tonight will just be all one-on-one (so to speak) reviews?
Old 02-16-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really feel for the people who thought they were good enough to go through and be the next American Idol.

The one girl and her mother who said she was going to be the next AI and have many #1 records, man were they ever clueless. But, the show really only showed the people who were clueless, makes for good TV.
Old 02-16-05, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jray
So they wait 3 weeks, while the judges review them in tapes... and we wait one night for the results? Tonight will just be all one-on-one (so to speak) reviews?
That's the impression that I get.

My guess is that the judges are going out of their way to have a real balanced final 24, after last years "Diva" heavy lineup.
Old 02-16-05, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
That's the impression that I get.

My guess is that the judges are going out of their way to have a real balanced final 24, after last years "Diva" heavy lineup.
I think that they are making a mistake in trying to separate the sexes into an even group. They should had stuck with the previous formula of advancing "strongest" person, no matter what the sex.
Old 02-16-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anybody else getting tired of the schtick where they psyche-out the people who aren't eliminated and make them think they are?
They should do the reverse for the eliminated contestants. Go into the room with big smiles and congratulate everyone....then lower the boom.

When the show gets down to the final 12, I wonder if that will also be evenly split, 6 of each gender.
Obviously the viewers pick 9 of the finalists regardless of sex, but will the judges tailor their wild card picks to even out the field?
Old 02-16-05, 03:40 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
They should do the reverse for the eliminated contestants. Go into the room with big smiles and congratulate everyone....then lower the boom.
Paula: "We're happy to say you're all moving on."

Randy: "Yes, moving on out of those nice hotels we've been putting you in. Moving on with your lives... going back home, getting real jobs. Not moving on in this competition."

Paula (laughs): "Oh no, I hope you didn't think THAT."

Paula & Randy (laugh together)
Old 02-16-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose

When the show gets down to the final 12, I wonder if that will also be evenly split, 6 of each gender.
Obviously the viewers pick 9 of the finalists regardless of sex, but will the judges tailor their wild card picks to even out the field?
I think they might be splitting things up though once the home voting starts...one night only girls perform, next night only boys perform - until it gets down to one girl and one boy in each bracket. Meaning the girl voting and the guy voting will be kept seperate. Anybody know if this is the way they are doing it?
Old 02-16-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
Good. Maybe we'll see her making even more of an ass out of herself on "My Super Sweet Sixteen" when the time comes.
Old 02-16-05, 09:41 PM

Asia was actually invited to Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch, but he threw her out after he realized she didn't have a penis.
Old 02-16-05, 09:51 PM
Banned

I'm not here to bag on Asia. I am here to sing praises to the girl from Las Vegas, who I think is the best looking contestant ever on American Idol. She's got a good voice, and is GEORGEOUS!! Does anybody remember her name? I know she made the Top 44. If they don't put her through.
I also remember last year hearing one of the girls, who everybody loved, I think she was a swimsuit model, and I believe she sang Journey's "Open Arms" and did a horrible job, anyone remember her name. That girl wasn't the greatest singer(although I think she made top 24), but WOW WOW and WOW when it comes to stunning beauty.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.