Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

In search of Herzog Documentaries .......

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-15-05, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really curious about WINGS of HOPE a recent documentary (1997) about a plane crash survivor from the pre Aguirre plane crash in 1971. I can't seem to find any history of it on any format.
Also will Burden of Dreams ever surface on DVD? Thanks for any help.
Old 02-15-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to a thread at HTF, Burden of Dreams is set for release by Criterion in May.

DJ
Old 02-15-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 02-16-05, 02:28 AM

i just recently saw herzog's GRIZZLY MAN, which was at this year's sundance festival. astounding film, needs to be seen to believed.

i'd also be interested in his other docs, if anyone has info on their availability.

on another herzog front, i remember a while back suncoast stores had an extreme sale on a number of anchor bay disks, which included all the herzog films- for some ridiculous price of like $3. i guess it was a temporary thing, because i haven't heard of any similar sale there, or anywhere else. i guess i was just wondering if anyone knew why those films were on sale in the first place, and if they will ever be (or are) on sale again. i'd love to pick up his collection, but can't afford to spend $20+ a pop.
Old 02-16-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Little Dieter Learns to Fly is another amazing documentary, still readily available I believe.
I bought a lousy quality burned DVD on Ebay of 4 others about a half-hour long each,very interesting if you can stand the bad picture.
Old 02-21-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GOOD NEWS on the Criterion BURDEN OF DREAMS!
Can't wait.
Hopefully Grizzly Man and many others make their way to DVD.
I totally forgot about Where the Green Ants Dream another Herzog doc I have been trying to track down for some time.
Old 02-21-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Best Fiend (Mein liebster Feind - Klaus Kinski)
Lessons of Darkness
Fata Morgana

Deep Discount DVD has the Anchor Bay Werner Herzog Collection box set for $53.99 (The Enigma Of Kaspar Hauser, Even Dwarfs Started Small, Fata Morgana & Lessons Of Darkness, Heart Of Glass, Strozsek, And Little Dieter Needs To Fly) as well as the Herzog/Kinski Collection (Aguirre The Wrath Of God, Nosferatu: Phantom Der Nacht, Woyzeck, Fitzcarraldo, And Cobra Verde. Also Includes The Documentary My Best Fiend) for $53.99 as well.

Originally Posted by maxinquaye
i'd also be interested in his other docs, if anyone has info on their availability.

on another herzog front, i remember a while back suncoast stores had an extreme sale on a number of anchor bay disks, which included all the herzog films- for some ridiculous price of like $3. i guess it was a temporary thing, because i haven't heard of any similar sale there, or anywhere else. i guess i was just wondering if anyone knew why those films were on sale in the first place, and if they will ever be (or are) on sale again. i'd love to pick up his collection, but can't afford to spend $20+ a pop.
Old 02-27-05, 09:22 AM

Burden of Dreams is already available in Germany as a bonus disc for Fitzcarraldo. BoD has both a German and English soundtrack option.
Old 12-08-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Apocrypha
I am really curious about WINGS of HOPE a recent documentary (1997) about a plane crash survivor from the pre Aguirre plane crash in 1971. I can't seem to find any history of it on any format.
Appears that the Werner Herzog website has been updated and that a 6 dvd disc boxset of documentaries and shorts is going to be available in January 2006 albeit for the hefty price of $150 + shipping, of which the above title is included.
You can also purchase each of the 6 discs individually as well by the looks of it..full details....

http://www.wernerherzog.com/main/index.htm

Last edited by RichDB10; 12-08-05 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-08-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm tempted to get that new boxset. I second the recommendation for Little Dieter needs to Fly. An amazing piece of work.
Old 12-08-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What about God's Angry Man?
Old 12-08-05, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RichDB10
Appears that the Werner Herzog website has been updated and that a 6 dvd disc boxset of documentaries and shorts is going to be available in January 2006 albeit for the hefty price of $150 + shipping, of which the above title is included.
You can also purchase each of the 6 discs individually as well by the looks of it..full details....

http://www.wernerherzog.com/main/index.htm
Wow! I had no idea that was comming out. Thanks for posting!!! Now I know where my extra christmas money is going.
Old 12-09-05, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
What about God's Angry Man?
It's on Disc 3 if you flick through the booklet on the website.