Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is anyone buying Into The Sun (new steven seagal movie)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone buying the Steven's Seagal's new movie "Into The Sun" today? Dvdtalk has a reciew and it sounds decent.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Come on lets support him so he can continue making movies!

If anyone has watched it yet so you have any thoughts, impressions? Does it have an insert? lets discuss it people. :-)
Old 02-15-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by sugartune
Is anyone buying the Steven's Seagal's new movie "Into The Sun" today? Dvdtalk has a reciew and it sounds decent.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Come on lets support him so he can continue making movies!

If anyone has watched it yet so you have any thoughts, impressions? Does it have an insert? lets discuss it people. :-)
I'd rather not support him making anymore movies. All his movies, IMHO, are terrible. I'm also reasonably certain I could kick his fat ass. He knows less Kung Fu than Keanu Reeves
Old 02-15-05, 11:59 AM
Banned

Well, I've got a pretty good Steven Seagal collection, but I haven't gotten Into the Sun yet, nor his last one either. I tend to wait till his movies drop down below $14 before I pick'em up. Can you blame me?
Old 02-15-05, 12:00 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I don't know about his Fung Fu, but I know someone who had him for an Aikido instructor in Japan.
Old 02-15-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved his 80's-early 90's flicks, but after he went to direct to video they just became supreme turds. The Patriot was half-decent but I tried the first couple of those Budapest-filmed ones and just gave up.
Old 02-15-05, 12:05 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I might rent it but wouldn't buy it. Seems like him and Vam Damme have become real B grade actors. Guess their 15 mins are up.
Old 02-15-05, 12:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by matome
I loved his 80's-early 90's flicks, but after he went to direct to video they just became supreme turds. The Patriot was half-decent but I tried the first couple of those Budapest-filmed ones and just gave up.
You're kidding...The Patriot was decent? That was perhaps his worst. Only one fight scene and the rest was *bleh*.

Actually, I thought one of his latest, Belly of the Beast was pretty good. I'd rank it right up there with perhaps Exit Wounds. The Foreigner wasn't half bad, more gun play than martial arts. Out for a Kill was pretty weak. Probably his weakest since Exit Wounds. Half Past Dead was also decent, but could've been better. Tried to be a The Rock rip-off.

Haven't seen Out of Reach yet, nor of course Into the Sun.
Old 02-15-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by X
I don't know about his Fung Fu, but I know someone who had him for an Aikido instructor in Japan.
he probably would have learned more watching the Kobra Kai scenes on the KK Pt. 1
Old 02-15-05, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
And while we're at it, everyone buy PAULY SHORE IS DEAD so that Pauly can continue making movies!
Old 02-15-05, 02:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
And while we're at it, everyone buy PAULY SHORE IS DEAD so that Pauly can continue making movies!
Now that's where I draw the line.
Old 02-15-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He seems to be doing okay without my help. What is this, like his 7th movie in three years?
Old 02-15-05, 03:04 PM

I think segal and Van Damm should do a movie together
Old 02-15-05, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
He seems to be doing okay without my help. What is this, like his 7th movie in three years?
Let's see, Into the Sun (2005) , Out of Reach (2004) Clementine (2004), Belly of the Beast (2003), Out for a Kill (2003), The Foreigner (2003) Half Past Dead (2002). I think Clemetine was just a cameo so lets say 6 in 3. IMDB shows 4 more movies being made this year. The Seagal haters will have plenty of ammuniation in the years to come. :-)

How do these direct to video movies even make money? I read that Into the Sun cost $35 million to make. How many dvds can they possibly sell, I doubt its enough to make back $35 million. I guess some money is made from TV rights as well but it still seems like a lot.